• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle's Water Gun?

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
How does it work? I keep hearing that it is chargeable, but what does that mean? How does it shoot? Like FLUDD? or like Samus's charge shot? how?

Jayster

Smash Rookie
It does do damage then? I'm happy if thats true..I feared it would be like FLUDD and just be something that pushes the opponent.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, if it's not like the anime, is it just a big squirt, or a stretched out water ball?

GerarRv

Smash Rookie
About the "Hydro Bomb" of Squirtle, everybody watch in action, o something like that? .

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hydro Pump seems to be separate bursts of water.

Water gun (I haven't seen it) sounds like it would be like.. The front end is large and the back end is smaller like a beam..

-Onyx

ngtm

Smash Cadet
you charge and store it like samus but it shoots out like a more powerful fludd does damage

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
From my playing of it the water gun does no damage, the knockback is also very little. It does act like Samus' charge shot thought. It's not a very useful move at all imo.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
From my playing of it the water gun does no damage, the knockback is also very little. It does act like Samus' charge shot thought. It's not a very useful move at all imo.
oh i might be wrong about damage then...good call ...its a hard move to use effectively because there are so many other moves you could do to be more effective with squirtle.

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
Squirtle is VERY good, all of his airs are pretty good he can pretty much wall of pain with the new floatiness and his speed. The only downside I see from him is finishing power. His forward smash is terrible, his down smash is outshined by his upsmash which is probably his best smash.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
Squirtle is VERY good, all of his airs are pretty good he can pretty much wall of pain with the new floatiness and his speed. The only downside I see from him is finishing power. His forward smash is terrible, his down smash is outshined by his upsmash which is probably his best smash.
i'll totally back you up on that- agreed completely. i'm amazingly happy with all three pokemon on different levels.

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
I'm still trying to figure out Charizard's role for me. I pretty much have Squirtle set up as damager and Ivysaur as finisher. I try to get Charizard out there when I'm high damage, but he doesn't relaly hang with the true heavyweights and still gets killed quite easily.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
I'm still trying to figure out Charizard's role for me. I pretty much have Squirtle set up as damager and Ivysaur as finisher. I try to get Charizard out there when I'm high damage, but he doesn't relaly hang with the true heavyweights and still gets killed quite easily.
i know what you mean but all in all he's good with hard hits and recoveries with his glide and everything. he would be good against slower characters and also those that recover from the top instead of from the bottom. jump up and come down to a rock smash....i awkwardly love that move because i just ended up using it at amazingly appropriate times.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
How water gun works from my experience:

Press B to charge it.
Press B again to use water gun.
When you use it, it has a low arch/angel so it doesn't hit people that are far away.
You CAN change the arch, but very little time to do so.
I think it's best to jump then use it for best reach.
I haven't tested using it backwards when recovering and making it push you. (for horizontal movement which squirtle lacks in recovery)

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
After doing some messing around water gun only does damage if you dont charge it, that is press b twice to shoot it immediately. Instead of a stream of water, squirtle shoots out a small blast right in front of him that does multi hit damage.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
After doing some messing around water gun only does damage if you dont charge it, that is press b twice to shoot it immediately. Instead of a stream of water, squirtle shoots out a small blast right in front of him that does multi hit damage.
cool good call

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
has anyone tried using it for edgeguarding and jumping out and pushing people away?

ngtm

Smash Cadet
that the only way i used it...its about its only notable use....and ya it does wonders because a lot of characters if not most recover from the bottom with grapples, etc.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm hoping it will come in useful against characters like Zamus and her whip. I'll intend to fall back into a slap-fight style of fighting with vinewhip if it came down to it, it'd be interesting to see how a move that simply pushes and opponent would do. I can just imagine using it in teams.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
How does it work? I keep hearing that it is chargeable, but what does that mean? How does it shoot? Like FLUDD? or like Samus's charge shot? how?
the longer it's charged, the btter it sends foes back... it charges quickly and you can even aim it a bit... it's great in specific occasions... I used it to push a aura sphere charging lucario to his doom.. it also can be used to push one smash attack charging oponent into an other foe... and it can be used to edgeguard some.

OH and it's also a nifty anti projectile move

Shin_Gale

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to second this. I tried using it to see if I could get some use out of it, but it seems like Squirtle's main attacks are going to be his speed, his up-B, and his smashes.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
unfortunately, water gun can be cancelled by attacking it... so simple a or b attacks allow lots o' enemies to recover through it anyway... A lot of times it's nice because it shoves your enemies together... maybe they'll smash each other instead of you by accident?

Top Bottom