• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle's Dash Attack Spike

Bomber7

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IxMvs7LnM

Sorry that this video quality may be a bit crappy but I threw it together last minute tonight because I was just so curious. When I was playing on Smashville against a lvl 9 Link, I happen to dash attack into him right as he was a good midway past the ledge, when I hit him, he went down for a spike.

Some of you may think, "Oh, well sometimes attacks do that for no reason, there is no real explanation behind it yada yada." Something like that. However, When messing around with Toon Link, I made a bomb spike in that exact area except I had a boomerang pull my opponent toward the stage a bit and enough to hit the bomb as well, the hitbox happened to be in the right spot and down my opponent went for a spike. That was totally legitimate.

So far because of that, and keeping a close eye on where Link was hit that made him go shooting down, I'm confident that this was a legit spike. The video shows why, it's because of that corner, that little corner and the area around it.

Anyway, I'm going to need some help and I want someone who is better at this kind of thing than me and see if this is really legit or not.

Other than that it was by stroke of luck that this happened. I want to hear your thoughts on this please.

Is this a new find? Pure luck? or just something that randomly happened and there is no real way to tell us how it happened other than by mere coincidence.

T-block

B2B TST
It's a stage spike. You can see Link's impact with the side of the stage easily in the slowed version. It could be that the left side of Smashville lends itself to stage spikes, which is a good thing to keep in mind ;)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
haha i just did this a couple hours ago. it's a stage spike, the dash attack knocks them toward you but in my experience, the mk went straight up (although that's probably just di). and didn't go very far at all . but they were prolly at low percent, i don't remember.

this could be pretty useful on smashville, but it's not a big deal.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah it looks like the same idea as GaW's dash attack stage spike. I thought we knew that Squirtle could do the same thing already? Someone should test it out on Battlefield or PS1.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Good idea. Ill test it out on a couple stages. I have nothing else better to do right now.

EDIT:

I tried redoing this on SV just to see if I could re enact this with a Link then a Samus.
It didn't work for me.

I also tried it on BF, YI, LC, FD, PS1 and the same thing happened everytime..
After the dash attack, it would send the opponent up to the stage, instead of stage spiking them.

I think it didn't stage spike because in the video bomber7 posted, when he did it it looked like the link was about to shoot an arrow or throw a boomerang. Idk.
All I know is that when the opponent is in the same place that the link was in, and he is hit by the dash attack, he is sent upward, ONTO the stage.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It just looks like a stage spike to me?
haha i just did this a couple hours ago. it's a stage spike, the dash attack knocks them toward you but in my experience, the mk went straight up (although that's probably just di). and didn't go very far at all . but they were prolly at low percent, i don't remember.

this could be pretty useful on smashville, but it's not a big deal.
OK, thanks. I was not really sure what it was. I don't know alot about stuff like this, but it's nice to know what it is, even though it's not really that big of a deal. However if it can be mastered, then that would be useful :)

Top Bottom