• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Do you doubt Squirtle as potential DLC? I'm sure 98% of everyone realized Squirtle was de-confirmed from not only Charizard going alone, but also confirming Greninja all in the same video.
Hmm... I definitely don't doubt DLC potential, that'd be really cool actually. I do love Squirtal, he was fun and primarily, I'm a water trainer.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I want both Squritle and Ivysaur both return to SSBU/3DS I think it's important to have the Original 3 Starter Pokémon in the game just as much important as it is to have both Mario and Sonic in the game. I can see Greninja replacing Squritle and Sceptile being a secret Pokemon replacing Ivysaur. I hope there not cut and they are DLC!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I want both Squritle and Ivysaur both return to SSBU/3DS I think it's important to have the Original 3 Starter Pokémon in the game just as much important as it is to have both Mario and Sonic in the game. I can see Greninja replacing Squritle and Sceptile being a secret Pokemon replacing Ivysaur. I hope there not cut and they are DLC!
At first the reasons mean very little but talking about all of the Kanto starter Pkmn, they've been in every Smash game until now. You have:
  1. Charmander is a SSBBrawl trophy & was a stage element in Smash64 as one of the five pkmn appearing out of Saffron City's center building. Charizard has been in every single smash game as a pokeball for Smash64 & SSBMelee, & now as a playable character in SSBBrawl & Sm4sh.
  2. Blastoise who's been in both Smash64 & SSBMelee as a pokeball & has also appeared as a SSBM trophy. Squirtle made a debut in SSBM as a stage element being one of the many balloons in PokeFloats & as a SSBM trophy while finally being a playable character in SSBBrawl.
  3. Venusaur was a stage element that was one of the five pkmn who appeared out of Saffron City's center building ; Also as a cameo appearance in SSBMelee's opening sequence, a SSBMelee pokeball summon, a balloon in the SSBMelee Pokefloats stage, & finally as a SSBMelee trophy. Ivysaur becomes a playable character in SSBBrawl.
With how much representation the starters got boasting more than most of the other region's starters I believe they'll all come back as something, including our beloved squirting turtle.:shades:

Last edited:

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Well if we're talking representing the original starters, there is always Pokefloats which had Squirtle and Venusaur and it wouldn't destroy the possibility of DLC like a Pokeball Pokemon would.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is the only character that I've actually played enough to get good at its combos and it's the closest thing I have to a "competitive main".
They better bring it back darnit.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If he does return they need to replace waterfall
What about the non-existent Down-B? It's Pokemon Switch in Brawl, & Bubble in Project M.

Random Down-B Idea without thinking about it: Dive

Squirtle is the only character that I've actually played enough to get good at its combos and it's the closest thing I have to a "competitive main".
Without Fatigue & Stamina Value:shades:. Type Effectiveness can return for all I care Squirtle took less knock-back and %damage from fire-based attacks which was a reason why Squirtle was considered the best of the 3 PT pkmn.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
If you were a real fan, you wouldn't mind paying for your fav character.

Feg.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Without Fatigue & Stamina Value. Type Effectiveness can return for all I care Squirtle took less knock-back and %damage from fire-based attacks which was why squirtle was considered the best of the 3 PT pkmn. Also I'd pay to play squirtle ;D

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
DLC characters would have custom movesets; especially if they cost money, they will not have less.

Funny thing people have about buying DLC. Especially forum posters. 'I will not spend five dollar on a character, but I'll spend hours in a forum posting.' What? That's a lot of five dollars' you could earn, sir!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was looking for your suggestions of what alt moves would be, and found nothing. I did, however, find this.

One problem with Squirtle Squad is that it originated in the anime.
We get nothing from that besides Pokemon voices, and thats what they are meant to sound like anyway.
We actually get most of our Pokemon content from the anime. Sakurai has stated that when it comes to Pokemon, he has a different rubric of what he goes by for Pokemon inclusion at least as characters), and this includes heavily what is relevant in the movies and the anime.
We have seen that Mewtwo's representation as an antagonist was based on his movie counterpart. Lucario and his Aura abilities were first seen in the movie, and then in smash, as well as either character, or Jigglypuff, being in Super Smash brothers at all.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
I was looking for your suggestions of what alt moves would be, and found nothing. I did, however, find this.

We actually get most of our Pokemon content from the anime. Sakurai has stated that when it comes to Pokemon, he has a different rubric of what he goes by for Pokemon inclusion at least as characters), and this includes heavily what is relevant in the movies and the anime.
We have seen that Mewtwo's representation as an antagonist was based on his movie counterpart. Lucario and his Aura abilities were first seen in the movie, and then in smash, as well as either character, or Jigglypuff, being in Super Smash brothers at all.
Many things take inspiration from it but nothing that originated in it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Not likely, but I would absolutely love some soloquirtle. Still not as awesome as Red was but it'd be the closest thing at this point. If it does get in I hope they give it some rocket powered heels to make up for the lack of a transformation power.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
*yawn*

I've been confident in 6 slots since 2012 was rumored for Sm4sh. No doubt in my mind 6 Pkmn slots will be the goal here. 7 to my perspective is stretching the slots hamstring a bit farther than expected but do-able. Idk how Squirtle fairs against the other potential Pkmn characters i.e. Mewtwo & to my mind Sceptile. . .or Blaziken.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Imagine if squritle was in and they confirmed them, everyone would go crazy. It would mean the entire brawl roster is coming back.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Well one of the main issues with including characters is the time it takes to implement them... Squirtle and Ivysaur would only require HD touch ups and a couple tweaks here and there. It wouldn't take very much time at all, and we all know how much more power the Wii U has, I don't doubt two easily transferable characters would take up much space

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think that Greninja is a fine choice for a Water type representation. I'm not upset that much, we could always think of Squirtle as DLC returning<3

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
It would be fantastic if Squirtle returned for the initial roster, Sakurai said he wants to avoid cuts and 7 pokemon wouldn't be too unrealistic since Brawl had 6.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Squirtle is a very fun character to play as in Brawl and Project M. Although he may not be back, at least we always have those games and for those of you who think we will have this, DLC.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm really gonna miss Squirtle. I remember the absolute hype when :pt: was revealed on Brawl's DOJO. I really liked playing him more than the other two mons, too.

I'd completely be on board with DLC. Bring back our cut Smashers as DLC!!! :squirtle::ivysaur:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm really gonna miss Squirtle. I remember the absolute hype when :pt: was revealed on Brawl's DOJO. I really liked playing him more than the other two mons, too.

I'd completely be on board with DLC. Bring back our cut Smashers as DLC!!! :squirtle::ivysaur:
They still have a chance!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Are there any change's you guy's would like to see to Squritle? And what give's Charizard priority over Squritle and Ivysaur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom