• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I think Rapid Spin would make a cool down B for Squirtle if he manages to return. Squirtle would retract into his shell (kinda like withdraw or bowser's whirling fortress) and spin around in one place. The move could bounce back projectiles and possibly act as counter if timed correctly. I don't play PT or Squirtle so I'm not sure if this would be a good move for him, but it sounds pretty cool. It also makes sense as a move for Squirtle since he learns in by level up and Rapid Spin spins away hazards in pokemon games similar to how it would spin away projectiles in smash.

But yeah... Ivysaur is one of my favorite PM characters so it would kinda cool for him and Squritle to come as DLC or something, but, mewtwo and jigglypuff definitely deserve base-game duty before ivy and squirtle.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Deleted? How do I delete? Accidental DP (button got "stuck")

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I think Rapid Spin would make a cool down B for Squirtle if he manages to return. Squirtle would retract into his shell (kinda like withdraw or bowser's whirling fortress) and spin around in one place. The move could bounce back projectiles and possibly act as counter if timed correctly. I don't play PT or Squirtle so I'm not sure if this would be a good move for him, but it sounds pretty cool. It also makes sense as a move for Squirtle since he learns in by level up and Rapid Spin spins away hazards in pokemon games similar to how it would spin away projectiles in smash.

But yeah... Ivysaur is one of my favorite PM characters so it would kinda cool for him and Squritle to come as DLC or something, but, mewtwo and jigglypuff definitely deserve base-game duty before ivy and squirtle.
I like the idea of Rapid spin being used for stage hazards and/or opponent character's projectile / hazards kit. Also to let ya know as educational information, in every Brawl/Brawl mod like Project M & BrawlMinus Squirtle's Down Smash is him getting inside the shell being up-side-down belly looking up he spins around while water is escaping / splashing about. I'd like to see Rapid Spin though!
Not like that exactly. Maybe it's not Bowser I'm thinking of. It's sort of like Mario's new "Fire Orb"

Check it here: 0:04-0:10
@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee Ahhh right I'm okay with something like that :shades:. Aqua Ring?!!

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Aqua Ring would be cool too, but maybe not just the healing move. Maybe it could suck people in like ZSS's FS in brawl?

Maybe they could to DLC for this game in packs, sort of like they did in Mario Golf 3DS. Maybe we'd get
and
as a DLC pack with PokeFloats from Melee (my favorite Pokemon stage in smash, so I'm biased.) If not that, maybe one of the Pokemon Stadium stages.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Maybe they could to DLC for this game in packs, sort of like they did in Mario Golf 3DS. Maybe we'd get
and
as a DLC pack with PokeFloats from Melee (my favorite Pokemon stage in smash, so I'm biased.) If not that, maybe one of the Pokemon Stadium stages.
It was briefly mentioned in the Sceptile support thread but YES I'm down for a Poke' Floats return. Sm4sh just needs to bring back a lot of good stages. I'm still waiting for the original SSB64 Corneria stage. Probably the best 64 if not one of the best fighting stages to play on. There was also a brief posting about future Pkmn stages for Sm4sh about a weather-altering stage focusing on ORAS Groudon's sunny phase & Kyogre's storming phase affecting the stage / the Pkmn somewhat. Rain Dance + Squirtle = high tier

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There was also a brief posting about future Pkmn stages for Sm4sh about a weather-altering stage focusing on ORAS Groudon's sunny phase & Kyogre's storming phase affecting the stage / the Pkmn somewhat. Rain Dance + Squirtle = high tier
Sootopolis City, anyone?

It has Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire relevancy, too!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sootopolis City, anyone?

It has Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire relevancy, too!

Eggsactly:4yoshi:.
In an area far into the sea, a city bears land...only to be hostile battleground for these Legendary Pkmn titans. Where the sun radiates scolding heat & land begins rising taking form on the waves co-existing with dangerous storms with raging winds & rain pouring down heavily eroding on the land's surface. Who knows what will happen to Sootopolis City...

Needed to put in a badass quote. Squirtle would assist in the weathering struggle:shades:. Also thought of Groudon totally as Godzilla in all this occurring rofl.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Eggsactly:4yoshi:.
In an area far into the sea, a city bears land...only to be hostile battleground for these Legendary Pkmn titans. Where the sun radiates scolding heat & land begins rising taking form on the waves co-existing with dangerous storms with raging winds & rain pouring down heavily eroding on the land's surface. Who knows what will happen to Sootopolis City...

Needed to put in a badass quote. Squirtle would assist in the weathering struggle:shades:. Also thought of Groudon totally as Godzilla in all this occurring rofl.
Just an idea, players could jump on and off of water pokemon in the water if they aren't fighting on land such as Gyrados, Wailmer, etc. Have those as platforms. Maybe have Rayquaza as a boss character.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Just an idea, players could jump on and off of water pokemon in the water if they aren't fighting on land such as Gyrados, Wailmer, etc. Have those as platforms. Maybe have Rayquaza as a boss character.
I dig the water pkmn as momentary platforms at sea level as their hurt-boxes could add ledges to them for grabbing onto recovering from the water (but Squirtle doesn't care that turtle got mad swimming game, the BEST swimming game he laughs at all the others who get in the water).

Speaking from experience playing at PT in brawl vs Rayquaza as a boss battle was HARD. Ivysaur's grass moves do nothing to him! (Grass vs Dragon/Flying is 0-10 MU:ohwell:). Squirtle & Charizard did fine though...for some reason because Rock Smash wasn't stupid good against Boss characters or anything:troll:. And Squirtle had good multi-hit moves to rack % as well as having Withdraw to avoid imminent hits without breaking your shield from holding in panic. But back to the topic yes I like Raquaza being the 'Boss' of the stage. Something we've actually never seen in regular matches played besides Yellow Devil & Event Matches.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I dig the water pkmn as momentary platforms at sea level as their hurt-boxes could add ledges to them for grabbing onto recovering from the water (but Squirtle doesn't care that turtle got mad swimming game, the BEST swimming game he laughs at all the others who get in the water).

Speaking from experience playing at PT in brawl vs Rayquaza as a boss battle was HARD. Ivysaur's grass moves do nothing to him! (Grass vs Dragon/Flying is 0-10 MU:ohwell:). Squirtle & Charizard did fine though...for some reason because Rock Smash wasn't stupid good against Boss characters or anything:troll:. And Squirtle had good multi-hit moves to rack % as well as having Withdraw to avoid imminent hits without breaking your shield from holding in panic. But back to the topic yes I like Raquaza being the 'Boss' of the stage. Something we've actually never seen in regular matches played besides Yellow Devil & Event Matches.
I thought Rayquaza made the most sense as the boss character (have Groudon and Kyogre be fighting in the background) just have Rayquaza come in and start firing some of the attacks from his boss battle in brawl (cut the obvious like dig because it'd be over water) Maybe have other attacks hit from Groudon and Kyogre's battle too.

On an unrelated note, do you expect drowning to be back for water based characters?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not a fan of seeing Rayquaza back; so many Pokemon boss options, why have the same one return?
Going back to hydropump for squirtle, he used it just fine in the anime; swirling vortex from his shell!!!
That could workout very well for him, actually

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
I think the final smash should be Hydro Pump, kinda like what he does in the anime. I was get full of excitement when Squirtle does that.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ R Rosalina&Greninja Hydro pump in the anime was sweet radical, but Hydro Pump > Hydro Cannon? How come you want Hydro Pump over the most powerful Water attack move that only Water Starters can learn?? Greninja's Final Smash isn't Hydro Cannon so this is Squirtle's chance to rise above that frog, Reptiles > Amphibians :shades:.

Squirtle's Final Smash moment in the Triple Finish! was Hydro Pump but that move felt like it was just a 'combine our power for one final blow' attack & that's it, exactly like how Blastoise shot his Hydro Pump in 64 or Melee. Final Smashes need some excitement despite Sakurai could make Hydro Pump eventful & look graphically amazing but why leave out Hydro Cannon when it's much more known to the Pkmn community for being a 'sh*t just got real' move?

Edit: In Project M, Squirtle's U-smash is apparently Hydro Pump: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Squirtle_(PM)
Which after looking at PM's Squirtle move list, I was thinking to myself about why Squirtle's U-smash in Brawl (exact same thing) wasn't Hydro pump...Exact same move no change & it's 2 huge water geysers erupting from land / ground. Why didn't they just say in the BrawlWiki that his U-smash is Hydro Pump because that move HURTS (when you play a decently good squirtle that knows how to Hydroplane U-smash Final Destination & kills your MK at 100% you come back to us). & Squirtle's move in Triple Finish! was just some move he learned from his Daddy / Momma Blastoise in 64 / Melee? :facepalm:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hydro Cannon is for final Evolution Pokemon. It's pretty known for being that, too.
Pikachu just uses Volt Tackle, because of the anime.

The FS has more to do with how it plays out than anything else, the attack itself means nothing. Otherwise we ould argue all transformations that turn Mega are the same, when really it is what they do that matters. The name, just lke the attack, is just that. What does it do, is what we should be getting at.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hydro Cannon is for final Evolution Pokemon. It's pretty known for being that, too.
:urg:..damn I'm slipping in the new Ivy / Squirtle unconfirmed threads.
But I needed the truth thanks @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , In the normal case that Water Hyper Beam Hydro Cannon can't be learned by Squirtle due to only being exclusive to Fully-evolved Pkmn I have failed.
But the flip-side being, is Sakurai designing these Pkmn characters, use moves that not even they learn based off the games or the shows.

Ultimately what the move does is the most important. How does said move work, & how we can use it in the future MU's.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
:urg:..damn I'm slipping in the new Ivy / Squirtle unconfirmed threads.
But I needed the truth thanks @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , In the normal case that Water Hyper Beam Hydro Cannon can't be learned by Squirtle due to only being exclusive to Fully-evolved Pkmn I have failed.
But the flip-side being, is Sakurai designing these Pkmn characters, use moves that not even they learn based off the games or the shows.

Ultimately what the move does is the most important. How does said move work, & how we can use it in the future MU's.
I dunno, if he used Hydro Cannon as squirtle's move, I think it would be pretty degrading. I already get the impression Sakurai knows nothing about Pokemon. That would make me pretty sure of it.

Squirtles Final Smash should be..... okay, this is really it..

he pulls out his Sunglasses, and the squirtle squad come out to flood the stage.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How can it be anything but the squirtle squad, really?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It very well cannot be any other move. Make-believe FS move called Tidal Wave formed by the Squirtle Squad is imminent.

Edit: I'd wait a while for that to actually exist for the DLC squirtle pack.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Although Charizard is my main in Project M, Squirtle always did seem like he was the easiest to play as.

Squirtle and Ivysaur are fine candidates for DLC. I'm just happy that the Pokemon Trainer is finally gone.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You wouldn't happen to be saying that because of the degrading self-hurtful built-in mechanics that are Type Effectiveness, Fatigue & Stamina value, would you?
...Yes. But I also preferred them to be on their own from the beginning, rather than being grouped together in one character.

To keep this on topic, Squirtle was one of the best characters to use in Brawl, at least from my experience. To remove the clones from Melee is one thing, but to get rid of someone as good as Squirtle and Ivysaur is something else.

That's why I want them to come back as DLC.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Although Charizard is my main in Project M, Squirtle always did seem like he was the easiest to play as.

Squirtle and Ivysaur are fine candidates for DLC. I'm just happy that the Pokemon Trainer is finally gone.
just fit my playstyle perfectly, I'm going to be crushed if he isn't DLC

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
...Yes. But I also preferred them to be on their own from the beginning, rather than being grouped together in one character.

To keep this on topic, Squirtle was one of the best characters to use in Brawl, at least from my experience. To remove the clones from Melee is one thing, but to get rid of someone as good as Squirtle and Ivysaur is something else.

That's why I want them to come back as DLC.
Me too man....& I practically main PT in brawl...If those 3 dumb built-in mechanics didn't exist Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle would all be at least mid tier guaranteed, Squirtle would be mid-high tier no doubt. What's this borderline low-mid tier ish about? They can take their time with them as DLC with the re-vamping process & assigning Amiibo's with custom specials n what not..

Edit:
I'm going to be crushed if he isn't DLC
The Squirtle Squad will lift you up from your crushed false dreams & give you a ride on their Tidal Wave FS swimming to victory.:shades:

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
with the re-vamping process & assigning Amiibo's with custom specials n what not..
DLC Amiibo? That came to my mind here. Would buying the DLC Amiibo figure unlock the DLC for you if you haven't purchased it? Would it not be usable until you purchase the DLC? So many questions. I need to feel a Squirtle Amiibo in my hands. I need it!

The Squirtle Squad will lift you up from your crushed false dreams & give you a ride on their Tidal Wave FS swimming to victory.:shades:
:estatic:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Lmao! & y'all thought Squirtle was adorable on art or your tiny figures. FEATURING OUR NEW AMIIBO with DLC!

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I would love that
Aqua Ring would be cool too, but maybe not just the healing move. Maybe it could suck people in like ZSS's FS in brawl?

and
as a DLC pack with PokeFloats from Melee (my favorite Pokemon stage in smash, so I'm biased.) If not that, maybe one of the Pokemon Stadium stages.[/quoteLou would love to see that

Last edited:

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
One problem with Squirtle Squad is that it originated in the anime. We get nothing from that besides Pokemon voices, and thats what they are meant to sound like anyway.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 I'm just adulting, but yeah you mean squirtle's Final Smash (Triple Finish / Hydro Pump) being replaced as Blastoise?

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure they were all put into Pokemon Trainer for roster size, plus it was a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure only Charizard is the only one making it back.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure they were all put into Pokemon Trainer for roster size, plus it was a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure only Charizard is the only one making it back.

Do you doubt Squirtle as potential DLC? I'm sure 98% of everyone realized Squirtle was de-confirmed from not only Charizard going alone, but also confirming Greninja all in the same video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom