• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squall hammer combo

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Im surprised I haven't seen this on here yet...

When you desynch you can chain together squall hammers all the way across the whole map and im not sure but it seems pretty unescapable.

The timing is tricky but basically on the last hit or so of popos squall you start up nanas and keep alternating all the way across the map

I just kind of did this on accident while playing today so im not sure exactly how to set it up but it looked like the hits were constantly chained leaving the opponent no room to DI or dodge and it went all the way across the map.

I don't have videos but if someone does or can make one i think this would be an incredibly useful IC technique.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
yeah, it is quite old. I tend to think most players who play the ICs often enough will figure this out on their own... I figured this out as well, when I first started using the ICs. Once you get the timing down it's amazingly useful. It's so difficult for the enemy to dodge alt-squalls, and once they are caught in it, if you do it correctly, it's near inescapable. My friends get sooo pissed when I do this to them, it's utter slaughter. :D

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
EDIT

i looked into this a little myself it is easy to get it going after you grab them or to quickly desynch at the beginning of a match you can do an UP B then go right into owning the whole bottom level of a map with squall hammers:)

Once you get them alternating at a steady pace it is very hard for your opponent to stop especially on one floored levels like FD

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
EDIT

i looked into this a little myself it is easy to get it going after you grab them or to quickly desynch at the beginning of a match you can do an UP B then go right into owning the whole bottom level of a map with squall hammers:)

Once you get them alternating at a steady pace it is very hard for your opponent to stop especially on one floored levels like FD
Why do an up B in the beginning of a match rather than using the starting de-sync (although it does not work on wifi).

Top Bottom