• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spyro the Dragon

00Lucifer00

Smash Rookie
I personally like Spyro games, save for one, Enter the Dragonfly

But after reading a thread on a Spyro movie, I think that not many people like Spyro

So please give your opinion on the purple little ball of Fury

Positive or Negative opinions appreciated

Zunari

Smash Apprentice
I used to absolutely love Spyro games.
I would go round to my friends house and race through the games as fast as possible to unfreeze the dragons, collect orbs and hatch eggs all day long. I'm pretty sure between us we 100%'d all of the games.
The newer ones that came out for the ps2 however i really didn't like for some reason, and i haven't played spyro since.
But still, a lot of nostalgic times playing spyro

00Lucifer00

Smash Rookie
I Agree, but I think the new ones are just as good as the old ones

I've 100%'d all three PS1 games twice each, about 70% for Enter the Dragonfly, 99% for A Hero's Tale (one Light Gem left), 100% finished Shadow Legacy, finished LoS: A New Beginning (GBA), less than half-way in LoS: The Eternal Night (D*mn PS3 Emulator), and 100%'d LoS: Dawn of the Dragon

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I Agree, but I think the new ones are just as good as the old ones

I've 100%'d all three PS1 games twice each, about 70% for Enter the Dragonfly, 99% for A Hero's Tale (one Light Gem left), 100% finished Shadow Legacy, finished LoS: A New Beginning (GBA), less than half-way in LoS: The Eternal Night (D*mn PS3 Emulator), and 100%'d LoS: Dawn of the Dragon
Are you sure you aren't a bit biased? I mean, if you played the new ones first and then went back to the old ones, then I could see you saying that the new ones are just as fun.

There are several things which blind people to quality, but the biggest two are nostalgia and fandom. Often when someone says that an entire series is great, they suffer from mild fandom, as just about every series has duds. There will be an occational series with no bad games, but the longer a series continues, the less likely that will be true.

Nostalgia is what tells you that your childhood games were more awesome than the games that come out today. It's the reason why OoT is still considered the best game of all time, in spite of Twilight Princess being superior in just about every way. This one I like a lot less than fandom though, as fandom allows you to appreciate new games even when they are bad, while nostalgia prevents you from appreciating any game ever again, in addition to helping you ignore the fact that the marginal improvements in the gaming industry have made gaming all around better and more fun than it was in your childhood.

What? Spyro Movie?
First Super Mario Bros. (back in the days)
next Dragon Ball Z...
and now Spyro?! Are you sure its coming out. You could have seen a fan-made trailer by mistake...

Lol. The dream for money.
Not a fan trailer, in fact, no trailer at all. Just the announcement.

Zunari

Smash Apprentice
I got 118% on Spyro: Year of the Dragon. It was fun as hell.
Hah i remember that.
Dont you have to chase that moneybags guy round, ramming him in the butt? :D
Just remembered something about a monkey and a laser gun, god i have to play it again just for the memories

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The most recent Spyro game I've played is Spyro: Season of Ice for the GBA. Not a BAD game, but...I recall playing the old PSOne trio and they were awesome (I still need to get them). Season of Ice didn't have the same feeling, and I imagine most of the new games feel the same way. Probably worse.

Also, I find it funny how a LOT of people use this emoticon for threads that are supposed to be happy. If you hover your mouse over the emoticon it says "Unhappy".

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The most recent Spyro game I've played is Spyro: Season of Ice for the GBA. Not a BAD game, but...I recall playing the old PSOne trio and they were awesome (I still need to get them). Season of Ice didn't have the same feeling, and I imagine most of the new games feel the same way. Probably worse.

Also, I find it funny how a LOT of people use this emoticon for threads that are supposed to be happy. If you hover your mouse over the emoticon it says "Unhappy".
The more I hear about Spyro, the more I wish I played the original games when they came out.

I'm not going to get them now, as last decade's epic is this decade's shovelware due to constantly improving technologies, but it sounds like they were awesome in their time.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I've only played the first Spyro game for PS1. It was a blast even though finding all the gems on a particular level could often be a pain. Freeing the dragons was the best part. The level that took me the longest was the one with a castle where you had to run down this ramp inside of it. It took you through it and then along the outside and around the castlewhere you had to make this crazy jump then glide. It took me forever to get that final dragon for that stage. I haven't played Spyro since 2000 or 2001 I believe. Great game.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I've played S:SoI and I agree that it wasn't that bad.

..but the originals were amazing.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Mingin

Smash Cadet
I bought the first one on ebay like 3 months ago and beat it in a day. It's insanely addicting for some reason. I just remember when I was younger, me and my friends used to like **** our pants when we found a new dragon

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I used to play Spyro. Tons of fun. Back then, I didn't have a memory card, so I'd try to beat the game in one sitting.

After I got a memory card, I lost the game. Never got around to buying another one.

00Lucifer00

Smash Rookie

That is the reason I chose the emote, I was dissapointed with what I had seen on another board

Top Bottom