• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Break

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I have a question for all you college/high school students. This goes for both NorCal and SoCal. What dates will you all have off for Spring Break? I'm guessing sometime during the second half of March and the first half of April. Is that about right?

Also, what kind of pizza would you be willing to pay for? No more low tier Papa Johns. :laugh:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
domino's is only good when you're high. pizza hut is amazing. so greasy. thick, crusty crust. it's perfect crust, it really is. sausage, mmmmm.

all other pizza is fail. i guess the solution would be to get high to eat dominos, lmao.

whatever pizza it is, don't get mother ****ing pepperoni or i will homicide.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
domino's is only good when you're high. pizza hut is amazing. so greasy. thick, crusty crust. it's perfect crust, it really is. sausage, mmmmm.

all other pizza is fail. i guess the solution would be to get high to eat dominos, lmao.

whatever pizza it is, don't get mother ****ing pepperoni or i will homicide.

Miztik

Smash Master
you guys are both trippin Mountain Mike's is off the Chains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways my breaks is March 21-28

is there some big tourney being planned or something?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
lol do they have Mountain Mike's in SoCal? I hear their crust is even crustier than Pizza Hut's.

Also, we would prolly get multiple toppings. Like some sausage, pepperoni, cheese, and maybe some other things if enough people wanted them.

Zoap

Smash Master
Tofu :(

Round Table is the equivalent of Fox in melee

No Papa Murphy's, Dominos or Little Caesars
(Pichu) (Bowser) (Mewtwo)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Lies. Pichu isn't that bad. Zoap remembers Papa Murphys. >.<

RT is really expensive, but it's actually better than Fox, FYI. Also there is no Little Ceasers nearby. It will probably be either Dominos, Pizza Hut, Round Table, or Mountain Mikes.

edit: When is ****ing Spring break?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I say Mountain Mike's, might as well get something that we don't have everyday and you can't get anywhere, try something different.

SuperRad

Smash Master
my favorite pizza (excluding joints we only got around here) is probably Domino's (although I think a lot has to do with the fact that it's a nostalgia inducing thing now.) Little Caesar's is pretty bomb too for the price. I haven't had Pizza Hut in ages. Round Table is bleh. It's too thin =/

On the topic of local pizza places (maybe Sheridan or other Deep Norcal guys can lemme know if I'm wrong) but I gotta say that Santa Cruz has some of the best pizza places I've been to. I always want to try new pizza places when I'm out of town, but nothing can compare to the Pacific Avenue Pizza & Grill or Upper Crust or even Pizza My Heart (overrated, greasy and thin but their Pesto is ftw).

quak

Smash Champion
dominos

triple bacon

i ****in win, if you think it's nasty, its cause you never even smelled, let alone tasted one

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
When I went to school in Santa Barbara there was this awesome place called Woodstock's, which had amazing pesto (especially since it doesn't have nuts, to which I'm allergic). And there's a pizza place in SC that's about to open which is also called Woodstock's; if they are one and the same then I expect that to be the best pizza in town.

As far as chains go, I'd say either Pizza Hut or Round Table.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yes, now everyone knows my secret weakness. The worst reaction I ever had was when I ate half a cashew, and I got hives all over and I threw up twice. Pecans are still worse for me than cashews though I never have had one or a piece of one. I'm not allergic to peanuts.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Almost, that was in 1997. The last time I threw up was May 10, 1998. We had some thing in World History class where each person did a country report and you had to bring in a food, except someone brought in a food that they said didn't have nuts in it yet I had a reaction to it. I also learned that day that the school refuses to give people Benadryl (which would have stopped the reaction) without a prescription.

Zoap

Smash Master
cuz there a school.

Sheridan got mindgamed hella bad by that kid.

Round Table is still the best so get that. Plus you work there you should get a discount

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I get 50% off of one pizza, so that would be like $13 off one extra large. Depending on how many pizzas we will need will help determine where we go. This all isn't making the final decision, but it will help give an idea of who wants what.

Sheridan how can you know pecans are worse if you've never had one? And how are you allergic to nuts but not peanuts? :confused:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
California is like the most litigious state ever so schools are afraid to do anything that might get them sued, even though I believe they are legally responsible for the student the entire time as school and even on the way back and forth between home and school. Why they wouldn't give me Benadryl when I have a potentially fatal allergy is beyond me.

I know pecans are worse because I have had allergy tests done. Basically they lightly scrape a few patches of skin and then apply different nut essences to each patch. The more allergic you are to that allergen, the more it will itch and swell, and pecans have been the worst each time.

Peanuts are legumes, which I'm not allergic to. Incidentally, cashews are technically seeds and not nuts. "Nut" apparently has different definitions in botany and in food.

The Glory

Smash Apprentice
BJ's is some tasty *** mother****ing pizza. But I think they are only located in SoCal. Is this for a tourney?? Where is this shiz gonna be held?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
there are BJ's in norcal
but i have yet to try it but I hear nothing but good things about it

DRGN

Technowizard
This is Delphiki on DRGN's account.

This will be in Rancho Cordova, which is about 10 miles east of Sacramento. Basically the Bay will have about a 90 min. drive up I-80 then onto 50, and SoCal and everyone else will be heading up I-5 and then taking 50 for the 10 miles east.

The date will be March 22 if nobody has a problem with it.

Top Bottom