• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Your guides are linked on there. You are active on there.

I've told you more than once that your information is fantastic and very helpful to me.

You have no reason to be insulted. :laugh:
I left the server. Except for the matchmaking thread. It is filled with misinformation. Worst decision I made in smash so far. Although the matchmaking capabilities are great.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I left the server. Except for the matchmaking thread. It is filled with misinformation. Worst decision I made in smash so far. Although the matchmaking capabilities are great.
Wow. So they think that smashboards is full of scrubs and you believe they have a bunch of misinformation...thats some irony.

Can you give me an example of their misinformation?

Sonicninja115

Wow. So they think that smashboards is full of scrubs and you believe they have a bunch of misinformation...thats some irony.

Can you give me an example of their misinformation?
The main person you can trust is Kam, and Metalex is extremely knowledgeable as well. And then any of the top Mewtwo's are pretty trustworthy like Magimagi. However, be very careful with what you hear, especially if it contradicts anything I, or the others mentioned have said.

Misinfo primarily consists of the plethora of scrubs on Discord. You have to remember that while we do have scrubs here, they are all here to learn and get better. Sadly, the same can't be said for discord. So, the scrubs usually have misinformation to some degree. Mainly MU stuff like us losing to Cloud, which is sorta debatable, or Falco being a bad MU. There MU discussions are really sad. Falcos are fodder for Mewtwo. A worse Fox. Personally, Fox is actually a good MU for us as long as you have his recovery down and have labbed his specific combos. Be extremely careful to guard yourself against any MU mind-blocks.

2 more things. They firmly believe that Mewtwo's teleport hates them and will randomly and dumbly bounce of walls. They also believe that Mewtwo's grab sucks. 2 solutions. Get good at spacing. You have to mispace or teleport into a deadzone that affects ALL characters for a weird bounce thing, and Boost Grabbing and RCG are GDLK with Mewtwo and make up for his 41st in the game grab.

In a nutshell, some people are good, there are a lot of scrubs that don't necessarily have correct info and try to answer questions they can't answer, and MU stuff is questionable. BTW, definitely use Discord for finding matches. Better then anthers in a lot of ways. Also, if you just want conversation then Discord is a good idea. But for metagame related discussions, SB forces you to think out your posts. The format of SB favors in-depth discussions.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So kinda like my thoughts on the Lucas MU?

I get it. I have really crappy internet so I'll stick with offline play for practice. But thanks for the info.

Sonicninja115

So kinda like my thoughts on the Lucas MU?

I get it. I have really crappy internet so I'll stick with offline play for practice. But thanks for the info.
I edited a bit of stuff into my above post.

Your information on Lucas wasn't bad at all. I am just able to catch my brother out of it whenever he tries to use it and I have the read. He can't do the instant cancel tech so it is very possible that Lucas has the advantage frame wise. Zair, PK Fire and his combo game really hurt Mewtwo. Zair and PK Fire outspace Mewtwo, and Mewtwo has to SDI to escape his combos.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Losing to Cloud is pretty debateable, but you can definitely see where people are coming from. The main thing Mewtwo wants to do is control the terms of engagement with his oppressive high-reward spacing options, d-tilt, fair, and shadow ball. You can then condition the opponent to block and take advantage of this with grabs/phasing mix-ups, nairs shield-poking, etc. But that depend on being able to do step 1.

I think the biggest misunderstanding people have about Mewtwo is definitely that he loses to rush down, which hasn't been true for a while. Nearly all the rushdown characters he "loses" to (Fox, Mario, Sheik...) He actually beats, since he can both zone them out hard with his trio of frustration in neutral, and convert massively off any mistake they made/kill them with fair pokes that trade with most of the options they like throwing out. Even if they get in, mewtwo's pretty good at escaping owing to his speed and stupid air-dodge/retreating fair.

If anything I think he loses to characters "like" cloud. Maybe not cloud specifically (which is probably even-ish), but I definitely see the argument for that being a losing MU more than most of the others I hear. Cloud's nair is pretty stupid and makes it hard for Mewtwo to do what he wants to do, namely exert pressure with oppressive long-range neutral options to instill fear and create opportunities.

Oh, LBCS is really lame.That makes us afraid to push buttons, and that's not something most characters can claim.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Thanks. I hope I can contribute more but I dislike giving my thoughts unless I'm very familiar with a matchup.

I definately have issues with rushdown. A good Sheik or Fox can really rule me in the neutral. I'm sure those issues are based on my MU inexperience though.

I have alot of experience with Cloud but not any solid ones. Most of them at my scene don't space properly and throw Limit away shortly after getting it, instead of waiting for an opportunity to kill.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, Falco.

I have people try to counterpick Falco against me all the time on For Glory. It hardly ever works. He has a good reflector, which limits the use of Shadow Ball, but that's about the extant of it.

I guess a lot of new Mewtwo players rely way too much on the use of Shadow Ball though. It's an awesome move, but it saddens me how many For Glory Mewtwo players who don't know how to do much more than camp. It's really effective against me when I'm using Charizard, unfortunately, with his large hurtbox and all...but they get screwed when I swap to Mewtwo myself because they always seem to the think that Mewtwo dittos are nothing more than Shadow Ball tennis.

I really ought to get back to playing on Anther's Ladder sometime.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So ZeRo lost to a Palutena. I don't even know what to make of that. I don't know whether ZeRo has really slipped since his injury or if Ramen is really just that good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So ZeRo lost to a Palutena. I don't even know what to make of that. I don't know whether ZeRo has really slipped since his injury or if Ramen is really just that good.
I imagine it could be a number of factors, such as or ZeRo not knowing the Palutena matchup that well(can't blame him, no one uses her). And hey, a lot of low tiers are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

You still have to credit Ramen regardless though, those wins wouldn't of been possible without tons of skill, regardless of if ZeRo has really slipped or not.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Congrats to Abadango for making Top 8(4th place, being specific) and Rich Brown making Top 32 at CEO 2016. Tournament was crazy, lol.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always agreed that Mewtwo was better than people thought, but I thought it might be a bit too optimistic to say he was anything more than high-mid tier. Now I see that the optimist in this thread were totally right.

I'm actually a little disappointed he's so good, however. All this time I've been routing for the underdog, and now he's finally not an underdog anymore. I guess I have no choice. I'm dropping Mewtwo for Palutena.

Just kidding, I'll never drop Mewtwo, even if he turns out to be the next Diddy Kong or Bayonetta.

Seriously considering picking up Palutena anyway though.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Don't worry Zach! All the whiny scrubs will get him nerfed eventually, and then we can go back to being underdogs!

:denzel:

:150:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
At this point, him being that good wouldn't surprise me. I say this alot(and I apologize for such), but I feel like post-1.1.3 Mewtwo is basically Smash 4's Akuma(Post-ST, mind you). They have a ton of good options, solid mobility, hit like trucks, but both can get screwed over just as easily.

Sonicninja115

There are a lot of dumb things Mewtwo can do.... Aba has definitely optimized his gameplay more, but there is still so much more to do. I am still discovering arguably broken options.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Congrats to Abadango for placing so high. I wish he'd just drop MK indefinitely though. He probably could've beaten Dabuz with Mewtwo.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Congrats to Abadango for placing so high. I wish he'd just drop MK indefinitely though. He probably could've beaten Dabuz with Mewtwo.
Or, at the very least, keep MK for doubles like he's apparently been doing.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Aba really just needs to work on the Diddy match-up. Specifically on edge-guarding, I feel like he almost never punishes monkey-flip or barrels and Mewtwo can wreck both really hard.

Otherwise that was a pretty stellar performance. Aba's Mewtwo has gotten a lot scarier, he's definitely been leveling up his combo game.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ha ha ha, 2016 and we are actually seeing that Mewtwo is being seriously considered high tier material. It brings a tear to my eye, Mewtwo deserves this. That and the OP/Pay2win to jokes as well.
Oh crap, he is getting nerfed next time isn't he?

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Ha ha ha, 2016 and we are actually seeing that Mewtwo is being seriously considered high tier material. It brings a tear to my eye, Mewtwo deserves this. That and the OP/Pay2win to jokes as well.
Oh crap, he is getting nerfed next time isn't he?
He's been that way for pretty much all of 2016. I personally want more top players to use Mewtwo. Abadango is great and has done so much for the character's meta, but the true top tiers have multiple high level representatives. He's undoubtedly no less than high tier or maybe even top in potential, but he's about an upper mid tier results wise across the board. I want to see more people succeeding with him.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Personally, I would be surprised if there is another patch. The last one was purely in response to Bayonetta. Like seriously, there were 20 different characters played in top 16...

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I feel like the character balance is at a point now where there are no more balance patches needed, or at least no more nerfs, since we can really see how diverse the character selection is at tournaments and the meta seems to be in a healthy spot right now.
If they really decide to do any more patches they should focus on buffing the bottom half of the cast slightly if anything.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I feel like the character balance is at a point now where there are no more balance patches needed, or at least no more nerfs, since we can really see how diverse the character selection is at tournaments and the meta seems to be in a healthy spot right now.
If they really decide to do any more patches they should focus on buffing the bottom half of the cast slightly if anything.
I completely agree.

(Besides luma. Being able to attack with Luma during a grab or shieldbreak is bs....):p

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Finally got to see Abadango play at CEO. His Mewtwo is so much better than it was. I'm jealous of his progress. He knew the range for LC like the back of his hand. His movement was so clean.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
He is getting better. There is more tech for him to be utilizing too, which makes it all the more exciting.

:150:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Palutena is awesome, I tell you guys. Seriously, for those considering giving her a chance, please do. She's very fun to use.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just watched the latest Death Battle. I must say that they did Mewtwo justice with their research, so much so that I was actually surprised.

Palutena is awesome, I tell you guys. Seriously, for those considering giving her a chance, please do. She's very fun to use.
I like using her casually, but if she had better frame data I'd probably like her a lot more than I do now. As an older KI fan who waited years for a new game, I have a huge soft spot for her.

Does anyone have a link to the winning match against Zero?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just watched the latest Death Battle. I must say that they did Mewtwo justice with their research, so much so that I was actually surprised.
....Oh. Right. Sponsorship thing, I take it.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I like using her casually, but if she had better frame data I'd probably like her a lot more than I do now. As an older KI fan who waited years for a new game, I have a huge soft spot for her.

Does anyone have a link to the winning match against Zero?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9th16I2RBo

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
....Oh. Right. Sponsorship thing, I take it.
I did the 30 Day Free Trial. Not sure if I'll have to pay the $2.67 once it expires as I cancelled recurring purchases, but regardless it's a fair price, and I've been meaning to start watching Rooster Teeth shows like RvB & RWBY. Granted I think they've gone downhill in recent years, but I think Screwattack is still worthy enough of supporting.

I'm just surprised my old account from back in the day still works after they were bought out by RT.

Sonicninja115

I did the 30 Day Free Trial. Not sure if I'll have to pay the $2.67 once it expires as I cancelled recurring purchases, but regardless it's a fair price, and I've been meaning to start watching Rooster Teeth shows like RvB & RWBY. Granted I think they've gone downhill in recent years, but I think Screwattack is still worthy enough of supporting.

I'm just surprised my old account from back in the day still works after they were bought out by RT.
Hey! How much do you know about frame data? I need my math to be confirmed.

Mewtwo's Dtilt is -3 on Shield drop. Using you calculator and stuff, the opponent will be inn neutral position, ready to act, three frames before Mewtwo can assuming the opponent drops his shield.

Thus, if the opponent jumps or grabs OoS, Mewtwo is -10 right? Meaning that the opponent has ten frames in which he can move before Mewtwo can right?

So, doing the math, any character with a frame 4/5 jumpsquat, and at maximum a frame 6/5 fair, could in theory hit Mewtwo correct? Mewtwo cannot move until frame 11, so if the opponent (Lets use Diddy) SH Fairs, he could hit Mewtwo before Mewtwo can attack or defend right? Because of Diddy's range, he can move forward during the Fair start-up and hit Mewtwo. Is my math correct?

Of course, you have to assume mistakes and such on both sides, meaning that the numbers will change for better or worse depending on reactions and such. But in general, is Mewtwo's base Dtilt punishable by Diddy's fair or any other move that fits the qualifications?

Also, has anyone clicked on the lightning bolt next to there conversations in the drop down menu and the lightning bolt at the top of the screen? GDLK.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Definitely seemed like match up inexperience IMO. Regardless you gotta give Ramen a lot of credit as a player. Palutena's Up-Air is very satisfying as is her Captain America shield. lol

I definitely like that the video after that was Trela's Ryu vs. a Bowser Jr. Jr. is such a fun character to watch with all of the crazy Mecha-Koopa shenanigans.

Hey! How much do you know about frame data? I need my math to be confirmed.

Mewtwo's Dtilt is -3 on Shield drop. Using you calculator and stuff, the opponent will be inn neutral position, ready to act, three frames before Mewtwo can assuming the opponent drops his shield.

Thus, if the opponent jumps or grabs OoS, Mewtwo is -10 right? iMeaning that the opponent has ten frames in whch he can move before Mewtwo can right?

So, doing the math, any character with a frame 4/5 jumpsquat, and at maximum a frame 6/5 fair, could in theory hit Mewtwo correct? Mewtwo cannot move until frame 11, so if the opponent (Lets use Diddy) SH Fairs, he could hit Mewtwo before Mewtwo can attack or defend right? Because of Diddy's range, he can move forward during the Fair start-up and hit Mewtwo. Is my math correct?

Of course, you have to assume mistakes and such on both sides, meaning that the numbers will change for better or worse depending on reactions and such. But in general, is Mewtwo's base Dtilt punishable by Diddy's fair or any other move that fits the qualifications?
I'm a scrub so I'm definitely not the best person to get a confirmation on this.

It sounds correct given D-Tilt isn't active until frame 6. It certainly doesn't help in the given scenario either that the hitbox is closer to the ground and you're dealing with an aerial move.

Also, has anyone clicked on the lightning bolt next to there conversations in the drop down menu and the lightning bolt at the top of the screen? GDLK.
It doesn't save you any scrolling, but it at least saves you some clicks.

Sonicninja115

Definitely seemed like match up inexperience IMO. Regardless you gotta give Ramen a lot of credit as a player. Palutena's Up-Air is very satisfying as is her Captain America shield. lol

I definitely like that the video after that was Trela's Ryu vs. a Bowser Jr. Jr. is such a fun character to watch with all of the crazy Mecha-Koopa shenanigans.

I'm a scrub so I'm definitely not the best person to get a confirmation on this.

It sounds correct given D-Tilt isn't active until frame 6. It certainly doesn't help in the given scenario either that the hitbox is closer to the ground and you're dealing with an aerial move.

It doesn't save you any scrolling, but it at least saves you some clicks.
I like it because you can stay on the same page. I sent the above scenario to KH, and I was just able to Copy/paste it without leaving this page.

Thanks!

Anti's manager at Dream Team encourages his **** talking... Prepare for trouble and controversy...

Last edited:
Top Bottom