• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't gotten my email yet. Is there something I gotta do first? I registered both versions.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I downloaded Mewtwo on both versions and played him. HYPE!
He has nice combos and Shadow Ball KOs at around 120% from the middle.
Nice range on his tilts.
His throws KO pretty late, though.
I like him because of range and combos. I'm thinking he's at least mid tier.
Disregard what I've said. Mewtwo doesn't seem like he's that good, but grabs do KO at like 100% if you have rage. He's still light weight but can KO early. He's a pretty risky character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Disregard what I've said. Mewtwo doesn't seem like he's that good, but grabs do KO at like 100% if you have rage. He's still light weight but can KO early. He's a pretty risky character.
Yea hes still floaty but i notice its takes a little more damage than before getting koed

He can wistand a little more this time.

C3CC

Smash Lord
GOT HIM!! I'm so happy, he's awesome!! The very first thing I did was beating the living **** out of Lucario, hahahaha. Here's my breakdown.

• We got brand new voice acting and THANK GOD it's not Femtwo! The actor from Melee returned to record some new voice clips, most of which sound very similar to the Melee ones. He's also got a couple of feral voice clips. I'm very happy with this aspect, I love his voice, his taunts and his victory poses!!
  • I'm very disappointed about his placement on the character selection screen. He's not with the other Pokémon, but between Sonic and the Mii Fighters. Link is also now next to Little Mac and Kirby is not with Meta Knight and King Dedede anymore. It's an awkward hot mess but it's obvious they'll eventually fix it.
  • His other palette swaps are yellow, brown and teal. No Mew and thank God no armor.
  • Shadow Ball takes much longer to charge now and no longer damages people who touch it while charging. This is disappointing. It's still a very fast projectile and has GREAT kill power, though.
  • Up Throw and Back Throw (which has a really cool new animation) have been nerfed and don't kill as easily as before, but they're still useful.
  • Mewtwo is the only character in the game who doesn't clap for the winner when he loses. Keep that attitude, yo. I love it.
  • Forward Air has a harder time killing but it covers more space. It also comes out much more quickly.
  • UP SMASH IS GODLY. For God's sake it's literally the best Up Smash in the game, I swear.
  • Neutral Air is still as cool and useful as before.
  • His spot dodge doesn't make him vanish anymore, but he does a cool animation as if he were saying "Get your filthy hands off me". He does vanish when air dodging, though.
  • Down Smash is really strong.
  • I'm still debating with myself whether Confusion and Disable are either usable or just plain useless like before. At least Confusion now properly reflects projectiles.

And more to come as I play more with him.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm trying to Jab1 > Grab or something else but it doesn't seem to combo. At high percents I think Jab1 > Dtilt works but other than that, his jab isn't good. Better use Dtilt.

Cypher99

Smash Cadet
Guys I need help downloading Mewtwo. I own both the wiiu and 3ds versions and live in the usa. Can someone please help?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick

This light...The rapture...Our Fair Lady has returned! Paradise is finally open! Oh how I've been waiting for this day! Judgement day!

...Wait that's not the Miriam Pultro voice ah whatever just guide me to salvation our fair man lady,.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
GOT HIM!! I'm so happy, he's awesome!! The very first thing I did was beating the living **** out of Lucario, hahahaha. Here's my breakdown.

• We got brand new voice acting and THANK GOD it's not Femtwo! The actor from Melee returned to record some new voice clips, most of which sound very similar to the Melee ones. He's also got a couple of feral voice clips. I'm very happy with this aspect, I love his voice, his taunts and his victory poses!!
  • I'm very disappointed about his placement on the character selection screen. He's not with the other Pokémon, but between Sonic and the Mii Fighters. Link is also now next to Little Mac and Kirby is not with Meta Knight and King Dedede anymore. It's an awkward hot mess but it's obvious they'll eventually fix it.
  • His other palette swaps are yellow, brown and teal. No Mew and thank God no armor.
  • Shadow Ball takes much longer to charge now and no longer damages people who touch it while charging. This is disappointing. It's still a very fast projectile and has GREAT kill power, though.
  • Up Throw and Back Throw (which has a really cool new animation) have been nerfed and don't kill as easily as before, but they're still useful.
  • Mewtwo is the only character in the game who doesn't clap for the winner when he loses. Keep that attitude, yo. I love it.
  • Forward Air has a harder time killing but it covers more space. It also comes out much more quickly.
  • UP SMASH IS GODLY. For God's sake it's literally the best Up Smash in the game, I swear.
  • His spot dodge doesn't make him vanish anymore, but he does a cool animation as if he were saying "Get your filthy hands off me". He does vanish when air dodging, though.
  • I'm still debating with myself whether Confusion and Disable are either usable or just plain useless like before. At least Confusion now properly reflects projectiles.

Well confusion does add a little aupport for stage recovery like marios cape is what i have ben hearing.

And remember disable is more usable since it can get the characters shorter than him now.

Oh and im going to test it but im going to see how much easier it is to reflect projectiles with mewtwo, since its more usable now.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm trying to Jab1 > Grab or something else but it doesn't seem to combo. At high percents I think Jab1 > Dtilt works but other than that, his jab isn't good. Better use Dtilt.
I've got the jab-> grab thing down already. Mewtwo is perfect for me.

Edit:
Someone needs to play me...like, now.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Well confusion does add a little aupport for stage recovery like marios cape is what i have ben hearing.

And remember disable is more usable since it can get the characters shorter than him now.

Oh and im going to test it but im going to see how much easier it is to reflect projectiles with mewtwo, since its more usable now.
Yes, Confusion adds some sort of a small third jump if you use it well. Also Teleport leaves you floating in the end for a split second before you start falling down.

Also disappointing is that we didn't get a Palutena's Guidance for him, but I had seen that coming a long time ago. No custom moves is also a disappointment, but I don't really care about that one anyway. I never use them.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Nintendo:
-Gives people a DLC character because they wanted him in so bad
-Doesn't give that character all the perks of the rest...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really want to ask this:What is the best strategy to use Mewtwo according to you guys? I'm struggeling way harder than I think I should be. I think I'm just playing him wrong though. Does anyone have some easy tips for me?
It's way early to be mastering him. Experiment. have fun with it, and you'll get the feel for it as you go along :)

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Really impressed with what they did with Mewtwo. The D-tilt to U-tilt combo is real and fastfalling out of a N-air can give you another grab or what not. If at low percents you can still use the N-air to get another tilt or grab. That back air is a great spacer since it has decent landing lag. U-throw to N-air works decent as well as the jab to grab, it's almost as if you can instantly grab. The one thing that scares me the recovery since it can bounce of corners areas. If the stage has a ledge without much resistance from the side of the stage your often good to go.

Guys I need help downloading Mewtwo. I own both the wiiu and 3ds versions and live in the usa. Can someone please help?
First you should have gotten an email from your Club Nintendo account saying you got the Mewtwo codes. Then enter the codes in the on E-shop (you can enter E-shop through the game so that may be the case too) or for the 3ds's case you enter the game first and then enter the code in the new dlc section.

Registering both of the games on Club Nintendo grants you the early access to Mewtwo while others have to wait til the 28th.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm honestly not irked about Mewtwo not having customs. Makes it so that you adapt to one moveset and one moveset only.

Of course, that puts Mewtwo at a small disadvantage against others in custom tournaments, but that really won't matter much.

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
Anxiously F5ing my Inbox, still no Mewtwo. The stress is real. Hoping he shows up for me by the time I'm out of class

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes, Confusion adds some sort of a small third jump if you use it well. Also Teleport leaves you floating in the end for a split second before you start falling down.

Also disappointing is that we didn't get a Palutena's Guidance for him, but I had seen that coming a long time ago. No custom moves is also a disappointment, but I don't really care about that one anyway. I never use them.
And fantasic news its cake walk diffculty to reflect something now i coulden't even do it at all in melee. (But timing atill required)

And yea i barely use the custom either.

And for the guidence look at it this way ita. Reference to gary oak took on mewtwo he coulden't get data either, and secondly until lucas guidence is shown this is only known as mewtwos guidence. (If lucas is the same as mewtwo its a guidance for dlc)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah you're right! I'm doing amazing now actually. He really fits my playstyle.
Nice!
I'm curious, what kind of playstyle is it?

I also just wonder in general what kind of playstyle fits mewtwo

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

actually thats not Masachika Ichimura(m01/melees va). thats apparently Keiji Fujiwara doing mewtwos voice XD but it seems to have relatively few lines,so i didnt notice the change.

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Nice!
I'm curious, what kind of playstyle is it?

I also just wonder in general what kind of playstyle fits mewtwo
I mix waiting to strike hard with aggresive. I actually took out multiple people with a dash attack fair combo, a fair over the edge if the stage has kill potential at 56% already if Im not mistaken

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh i got a question

Can fox/falco/palutena/other characters with reflect attacks, can they reflect the ore club tornado?

Because mewtwo can reflect ore club tornados pretty easily.

And for enough to knockout mewtwo wise, on 5.5 or 6.0 diffculty on master hand and crazy hand coulden't get me koed as mewtwo till i was at 115%Ish, thats way better than melee since mario could get him in melee less than 60%

But to go clearner a unlock battle with falco coulden't get me till about 105%

Last edited:

Cypher99

Smash Cadet
Really impressed with what they did with Mewtwo. The D-tilt to U-tilt combo is real and fastfalling out of a N-air can give you another grab or what not. If at low percents you can still use the N-air to get another tilt or grab. That back air is a great spacer since it has decent landing lag. U-throw to N-air works decent as well as the jab to grab, it's almost as if you can instantly grab. The one thing that scares me the recovery since it can bounce of corners areas. If the stage has a ledge without much resistance from the side of the stage your often good to go.

First you should have gotten an email from your Club Nintendo account saying you got the Mewtwo codes. Then enter the codes in the on E-shop (you can enter E-shop through the game so that may be the case too) or for the 3ds's case you enter the game first and then enter the code in the new dlc section.

Registering both of the games on Club Nintendo grants you the early access to Mewtwo while others have to wait til the 28th.
What is club Nintendo !???????!???

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hahahaha

This is mewtwos screen ko lol

By the way i got a question for those who did not get they're code yet.

Did any of you check the spam/trash folder.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
By the way i got a question for those who did not get they're code yet.

Did any of you check the spam/trash folder.
Repeatedly. Main inbox, spam, trash, all mail, and nothing to show for it so far. I don't mind the wait much, but I've had an empty day and I have plans in the evening, so I'll be a bit miffed if I sat around waiting for hours and won't be playing until later anyway.

Top Bottom