• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
MY GOD.

Mewtwo is REALLY good.

like, REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Like, Diddy level good. (ok maybe not that much but almost)
I personally disagree and even M2K is saying hes just average.

He's quite light which means he gets KO'd early, he's floaty as **** so he gets juggled easily and some of his moves have a tone of lag. That said, he has huge amounts of power and its really fun to play.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
GOT HIM

My goodness hes much more usable now.

Theres something in the trailer dident show

d-air is not only faster it has a explosion now.

(But why won't the 3ds version update i need to input the code for that one.)
You need to download the update from the eshop for the 3DS version

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
-.-;
Oh come on.
I was in the same boat when I got home from work and there was still no codes. I nearly cried.

Don't give up just yet, you'll get them. :) And when you do I can guarantee you will love Mewtwo, he's absolutely incredible. So look forward to it!

I personally disagree and even M2K is saying hes just average.

He's quite light which means he gets KO'd early, he's floaty as **** so he gets juggled easily and some of his moves have a tone of lag. That said, he has huge amounts of power and its really fun to play.
Yeah, I noticed this too. Even so, its work-around-able. His grab range though... it's pretty bad. He was low tier in Melee though, so we'll get used to it because we're ALREADY used to it, if that makes sense.

Still, he's ****ing amazing. :D

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I was in the same boat when I got home from work and there was still no codes. I nearly cried.

Don't give up just yet, you'll get them. :) And when you do I can guarantee you will love Mewtwo, he's absolutely incredible. So look forward to it!

Yeah, I noticed this too. Even so, its work-around-able. His grab range though... it's pretty bad. He was low tier in Melee though, so we'll get used to it because we're ALREADY used to it, if that makes sense.

His Side-b gives an extra jump, can be used to play a few nice mindgames. And to do crazy stuff.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
OOOOOOOOO I GOT MAH CODES AT 3 IN TEH MURNIN' AND MEWTWO IS AMAZIN' HIS VOICE IS A LITTLE WEIRD BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT'S JUST THE BEST AND I DIDN'T SLEEP AND I'M HYPE!!!!!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Welp, 7 AM and no Mewtwo in my inbox. GG nintendo. Funny thing is I registered both my games back in November so you think my name would be close to first in the list. I'm going to bed. If he aint there when I wake up I will sue.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Ive been waiting all day for the codes. By the end I was refreshing my email every 10 seconds or so.

Yeah the grab range sucks. Also, confusion and disable are still terrible and without customs we seem to be stuck with two useless moves. He is still great though and because he is Mewtwo I'll be maining him till the end.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
A little patience goes a long way, guys. Still waiting on mine as well. If you did all the registration it's not like the codes aren't coming. Hang in there a little while longer, and quit yer bellyachin'!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
A little patience goes a long way, guys. Still waiting on mine as well. If you did all the registration it's not like the codes aren't coming. Hang in there a little while longer, and quit yer bellyachin'!
Can you blame me? It's been years...many years....and today was the promised day...but nothing.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Welp, 7 AM and no Mewtwo in my inbox. GG nintendo. Funny thing is I registered both my games back in November so you think my name would be close to first in the list. I'm going to bed. If he aint there when I wake up I will sue.
It's 10 am where i live & no codes either. The rest of the world is playing Mewtwo. Nintendo sent out codes in waves to prevent their servers from crashing I guess. So someone is bound to go last. This sucks but oh well.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As a reminder, while we understand the frustration in codes going out slowly/Mewtwo not being available to the general public for 2 more weeks, under NO circumstances are posts/threads asking/offering to trade or give away codes allowed. Anyone caught violating this or any other rule, as well as blatantly disregarding the global rules/Terms of Service everyone agreed upon making their account here will be subject to infractions/possible temp bans. No sad sob story makes these requests "justified."

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I don't think there is any priority to when you registered your codes.

I registered mine here in the UK in January, and got my code before 10:30 in the morning.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwo is fun to play but he's pretty much not that good. Perfect~

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I love playing as mewtwo, however I feel that he is really sluggish. his moves atm feels that he is a defensive character but he really cant use it at his advantes!

I want some buff on him:
- the Opponent on SideB is tumbling down and has hitstun similiar to Ganon SideB, meaning that Mewtwo can act first before the opponent!
it doesnt have to be much but at least like 10 frames. that means mewtwo can do a move on the opponent if he is fast enough!
- DownB just a tad quicker on start up and endlag! the range is good and the power aswell
- the Shadow ball doesnt do damage while charging, please add it back consider how long it takes to charge it
- UAir has much faster end lag! meaning you can either chain it or do something else after. its takes too long for its pity power
- DThrow should have less knockback and angled so it more against you and slightly less endlag, the opponent can easy airdodge before mewtwo even hits him
- faster endlag on all tilts! they hit all perfect in terms of power, angle and knockback, but they are too slow in terms of everything!
- less landing lag on UAir and NAir

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Can you blame me? It's been years...many years....and today was the promised day...but nothing.
Nothing YET. Don't think you're the only one in this boat and that you've been forsaken or forgotten by the folks at Nintendo. It's coming, and it's just around the corner.
Yeah the grab range sucks. Also, confusion and disable are still terrible and without customs we seem to be stuck with two useless moves. He is still great though and because he is Mewtwo I'll be maining him till the end.
Confusion is a proper reflector now, that's automatically not useless anymore. Treat it like Mario's cape. It's a real shame it doesn't function as a combo starter, though. I can understand them not wanting it to be an out-of-hand guarantee for a lot of follow-ups, but at the very least they shouldn't be able to attack you right back immediately. Even if it just did its damage and dropped them on the ground in a timeframe that prevented follow-ups from either person, it would be better. Disable isn't good, but even at its best it would be highly situational. Two poor specials do not a ruined character make: my old Brawl main Dedede was a good example of mostly-poor B moves but solid overall effectiveness. Side was useful, Neutral was occasional mix-up potential, Up was only for recovery, and Down was hot garbage. In Mewtwo's case, we have a solid Neutral, great recovery, a reflector, and a lackluster but still usable mix-up. Add that to quality throws and other good traits, I think we'll be fine. Probably a solid, middle-of-the-road character overall.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait nevermind someone did it.

Sorry guys its that stupid no data one from before.

Which is not surprising to me. But i does fit for mewtwo since gary couldent get any data either.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I'm in school, I just checked my email and nothing. I swear to god if I dont get the codes by the time I get home...

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
My roommate got his codes and we're going to play with Mewtwo on the WiiU when we get home!

I'll have to wait until the 28th to get Mewtwo for my 3DS though. Oh well.

Hang in there @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed .

Last edited:
Top Bottom