• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wait you mean that echoey scream? Cause if that's what I heard. That'll be cooler than male OR female voices.
Yes! I agree. Look at the part where he's fighting Greninja with the Beam Sword; I think I also heard a grunt in that part!

Spirst

JUST TWO MORE WEEKS, MY MEWTWO KIN.

Can't believe this is all actually happening. I looooove Mewtwo's model. Confusion looks to have earlier IASA frames too and dair is really fast.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Multiverse theory: The idea that there exists a universe where Mewtwo was not confirmed for Sm4sh until this very Direct, and not in the 50-Fact video.

Could you imagine the chaos?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well I'll be able to finally try out Mewtwo, now anyone care to join me as I spam Wolf in the DLC poll until he's confirmed.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Did you guys notice that Mewtwo's jab now finishes with him swiping his hand up through as well, like a shadow claw? SICK.

Wait a second... We DID hear his voice, guys!! He has his feral sounds from Origins!

Here:

Right after he finishes using his Final Smash!
Are you sure? I listened to it multiple times, it just sounds like the noise of his psychic powers to me. Can you pinpoint a time/s that he makes a noise?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That's his forward-throw.
Really? Ah, just checked it. Yeah, I didn't see those spheres at first! They moved way too fast and I was focusing on Mewtwo lol.

Did you guys check out Mewtwo's size though? He looks almost as big as Charizard! Side by side comparison in the video.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Really? Ah, just checked it. Yeah, I didn't see those spheres at first! They moved way too fast and I was focusing on Mewtwo lol.

Did you guys check out Mewtwo's size though? He looks almost as big as Charizard! Side by side comparison in the video.
Yet he's going to be as much of a lightweight as he was in Melee.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can we agree that Mewtwo's new FS is the hypest thing ever?
I'm hard pressed to think of a better one. Maybe Megaman's.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Maybe it's been mentioned already, but did anyone else catch that it appears that they actually gave him that theorized 'Shadow Mewtwo' palette?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
His Final Smash is Zelda/Sheik/Dark Pit's, but prettier and not as thin.
Maybe it's been mentioned already, but did anyone else catch that it appears that they actually gave him that theorized 'Shadow Mewtwo' palette?
It's more like requested than theorized, but yes.

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
All Praise :4mewtwo:!!!

Although I am disappointed that he wasn't released following the Direct, I am so glad we have art and gameplay.. and a release date! I probably wont be in this forum as much as I was before, but thank you guys for being awesome!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I made a calculation of getting all the DLC content if you got Mewtwo for free, just in case.

So Lucas (who I will assume is the same price as Mewtwo) + the Mii fighter complete bundle = $14.19 if you get the DLC for both versions

Not a bad price, however if you add Mewtwo's price if you get him for both versions = $19.18

That's a bit extreme for Nintendo DLC, so I guess whoever got Mewtwo for free (like me) are more lucky than we thought.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I can't stop watching our fair lady's making people's heads explode in her final smash...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
WHAT!?!?!?!
MEWTWO AND LUCAS?!?!?!?! NO WAY!!!!! ;~;~: I"M SO HAPPY!!! AHHHH!!!!
I'm gonna need you to add me back on to that list. You know what I mean. :bluejump:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I can't stop watching our fair lady's making people's heads explode in her final smash...
"Fair lady?" I believe that term can hardly be used until we have a voice confirmation. But our signs point to Mewtwo being feral, at which case, even if it was female, it could hardly be considered "fair."

Noble, perhaps, but certainly not fair.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I made a calculation of getting all the DLC content if you got Mewtwo for free, just in case.

So Lucas (who I will assume is the same price as Mewtwo) + the Mii fighter complete bundle = $14.19 if you get the DLC for both versions

Not a bad price, however if you add Mewtwo's price if you get him for both versions = $19.18

That's a bit extreme for Nintendo DLC, so I guess whoever got Mewtwo for free (like me) are more lucky than we thought.
If you forego the mii stuff, which is purely cosmetic, it's not THAT bad.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
If you forego the mii stuff, which is purely cosmetic, it's not THAT bad.
this is for people who want to get everything for both consoles, in which my calculation was correct.

regardless of content, its still expensive for people who didn't get Mewtwo for free and want to get everything for both versions.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Eh.. even if this Mewtwo is female, the term "fair lady" sounds odd and should be reserved for Jigglypuff, Peach and Rosalina. Female Mewtwo would be in the same category as Samus, Shiek, Lucina and Robin - badass females.

From what it looks like though, it's the same Melee character with influence from the Mewtwo Strikes Back movie.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I can't....I can't handle this....
Mewtwo....Lucas....and who knows who's next....
Omg....
He's so awesome.....
Take me Mewtwo, I'm yours.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I think I fell asleep earlier, so HAS IT BEEN TWO WEEKS YET!?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can't....I can't handle this....
Mewtwo....Lucas....and who knows who's next....
Omg....
He's so awesome.....
Take me Mewtwo, I'm yours.
We all know who's next.
:wolf:
And then finally the one who kept us waiting::snake:

Please

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Quite a day, huh? So happy I get Mewtwo, and my most missed Brawl vet. Little disappointed Mewtwo still had his Melee moveset, but he look stronger than before. Very glad they actually used "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

Now to go spam that poll with K. Rool votes.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I also love how Mewtwo is the ruthless/silent type. Origins presented it more as a savage, but even with the same voice as Origins I'll view Mewtwo as that utterly badass dude who's also smarter than most existing creatures.

I'm glad for the Melee moveset retainment, as the guys this time have a more balance-oriented mindset, so it definitely will be more useful this time around! Plus, it's a fun moveset!

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
You can see that they added in leg muscles. Hott.

How popular do you think he'll be? Do you think we'll be seeing only mewtwo in FG for a pretty long time?

Top Bottom