• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It's like an accurate depiction of how Mewtwo fares in Smash!

I don't care for mobile games.
Well, what I know is that it is being developed by Niantic....
As an Ingress player here, my mind is surely blown.
And knowing Niantic, this game is not going exactly to be like Pokémon Shuffle.... or Dr. Mario.... or anything else that you could call it a traditional mobile game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Because in Japan, they actually experiment with every character that isn't Ike or DK unlike the western competitive side who only uses Sheik and Diddy
I thought it was because the Japanese play more defensive and has bias towards omega stages?

Japan hates gorillas confirmed.
:4myfriends::4dk: LMAO

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It is not that they currently hate it but they just simply don't like the DK series that much from what I've gathered, same with Metroid.

Edit: It is also kind of interesting to note that the majority of great DK games didn't come Nintendo directly but from Rare and Retro. I believe Miyamoto said one time during the SNES era that he had no idea what to do with the DK series; in fact the ones responsible for the DK universe's expansion in general are Rare because they created the rest of the Kongs, the animal buddies, the kremlings and the concept of DK living in a tropical island. Retro also gave their own input with the tikis and snowmads but the world and characters themselves were established by Rare first.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Holy crap!

A dog form, a mecha form, and do I spy with my little eye a Greninja Mega Evolution? Today is a good day.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm glad I haven't captured Zygarde in Y. I have been waiting for his new form to be revealed before deciding the best nature for his moveset.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Ninjask is the second fastest mon with 150 Speed iirc. Only pokemon that's faster is Deoxys. That statement of yours would have made sense if Ninjask was much slower
I just remember Ninjask with Speed Boost being pretty stupid with Swords Dance, Substitute, Baton Pass and U-turn.

That said I wish Legendary Pokemon were more usable. By postgame I end up using nonlegendary Pokemon instead.

Such as Nidoking and Feraligatr. Sheer Force of course.

Only Legend I use is my tanky Status/Hex build for Giratina.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just remember Ninjask with Speed Boost being pretty stupid with Swords Dance, Substitute, Baton Pass and U-turn.

That said I wish Legendary Pokemon were more usable. By postgame I end up using nonlegendary Pokemon instead.

Such as Nidoking and Feraligatr. Sheer Force of course.

Only Legend I use is my tanky Status/Hex build for Giratina.
Ninjask is frail and despises sneaky pebbles/weather as it breaks it's Focus Sash. Besides, Scolipede outclassed it.

Define 'useable' as I remember sweeping the Elite 4 10 years ago with nothing but Kyogre and Rayquaza

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm guessing useable as in online official formats where they aren't banned.

I like using Mewtwo. However, I use non-legendaries story-wise.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm guessing useable as in online official formats where they aren't banned.

I like using Mewtwo. However, I use non-legendaries story-wise.
Yeah legendaries are banned in postgame content like the Battle Maison as well as a lot of online competitive stuff.

So they end up taking box space or I bring em for easy E4 clears if I ever needed the EXP or money.

Otherwise I look at em and think about how pointless they are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah legendaries are banned in postgame content like the Battle Maison as well as a lot of online competitive stuff.

So they end up taking box space or I bring em for easy E4 clears if I ever needed the EXP or money.

Otherwise I look at em and think about how pointless they are.
Smogon tiers. Boom. Legendaries aren't banned depending what tier you play

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Smogon tiers. Boom. Legendaries aren't banned depending what tier you play
I stopped caring about Smogon when they started banning/raising tiers for Pokemon like Mega Mawile a long ways back.

Plus most of the time people just generate their perfect pokemon. And I can't stomach to do that. Eats away at any accomplishment of raising your own.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I stopped caring about Smogon when they started banning/raising tiers for Pokemon like Mega Mawile a long ways back.

Plus most of the time people just generate their perfect pokemon. And I can't stomach to do that. Eats away at any accomplishment of raising your own.
So...Banning something with the highest attack stat in the game that could utterly destroy everything else in it's tier means it shouldn't matter? And not to mention you can still breed em yourself, a friend of mine has a 6IV Ditto she uses, works every time

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So...Banning something with the highest attack stat in the game that could utterly destroy everything else in it's tier means it shouldn't matter? And not to mention you can still breed em yourself, a friend of mine has a 6IV Ditto she uses, works every time
So did they ban Talonflame yet?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Talonflame only has 80 attack and loses half it's health to rocks. Let me guess, you're unaware about how bans are based on community votes and that you need a certain of points to be allowed to vote in the first place
Yes it's based on having a certain rank and votes are accrued for a suspect test. It either is left alone, gets moved down or moved up.

Before there used to be a Banned tier but since the dawn of Mega Rayquaza there is a Anything Goes tier therefore nothing is actually banned.

And the tiers are predominately based on usage. As far as Smogon is concerned anyway.

If I use Smogon for anything it is for building Pokemon since I find their builds as a good guideline.

It got to the point where there were Pokemon I liked just couldn't perform because hazards or a Pokemon like Ninjask using a specific strategy either had to be shut down a certain way or it was over and a team just gets sweeped when it Baton'd out.

If it wasn't taunted immediately and taken out by time it came back out you would need to set up rocks or outplay your opponent so it was the last thing you needed to kill.

Since I prefer the straight attack path I always didn't perform well.

More defensive strategies seemed to work out better.

I will say though I do enjoy a good trick room fight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes it's based on having a certain rank and votes are accrued for a suspect test. It either is left alone, gets moved down or moved up.

Before there used to be a Banned tier but since the dawn of Mega Rayquaza there is a Anything Goes tier therefore nothing is actually banned.

And the tiers are predominately based on usage. As far as Smogon is concerned anyway.

If I use Smogon for anything it is for building Pokemon since I find their builds as a good guideline.

It got to the point where there were Pokemon I liked just couldn't perform because hazards or a Pokemon like Ninjask using a specific strategy either had to be shut down a certain way or it was over and a team just gets sweeped when it Baton'd out.

If it wasn't taunted immediately and taken out by time it came back out you would need to set up rocks or outplay your opponent so it was the last thing you needed to kill.

Since I prefer the straight attack path I always didn't perform well.

More defensive strategies seemed to work out better.

I will say though I do enjoy a good trick room fight.
So...Smogon isn't an option because you're a bad player and only go full offense? That's all I'm getting here.
'And the tiers are predominately based on usage. As far as Smogon is concerned anyway.'
lol no. If everyone used Sunkern in Ubers, it doesn't mean it's an Ubers mon.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So...Smogon isn't an option because you're a bad player and only go full offense? That's all I'm getting here.
'And the tiers are predominately based on usage. As far as Smogon is concerned anyway.'
lol no. If everyone used Sunkern in Ubers, it doesn't mean it's an Ubers mon.
Are you always this unpleasant?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Are you always this ignorant? First you say Ryu has 2 different rolls being unaware that backroll and frontroll are things and now this. Also, the fact I'm in the top 5 or so 'most Liked' members on the site answers you're question
I was wrong and I apologized about the roll thing.

I am happy you are one of the most liked members.

Nice talking to you.

Top Bottom