• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SPOILERS: Palutena's Guidance

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The Robin one is the greatest thing in the world

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
"I LOVE Pillows!"
~Pit 2k14

Lol these commentaries are great. Is Kid Icarus Uprising this funny?
YUP! The entire campaign of Kid Icarus: Uprising is filled with witty, incredibly written dialogue that contains a crap ton of humour which constantly breaks the fourth wall and makes fun of itself. The game only takes itself seriously once and a while, but the for the most part it's an utter joy to listen to every piece of dialogue the game throws at you. The commentaries for Palutena's Guidance are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to comedic value. Here's a few examples to show you what I mean.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
"I LOVE Pillows!"
~Pit 2k14

Lol these commentaries are great. Is Kid Icarus Uprising this funny?
Who couldn't love Pit being that adorable? Loving pillows, referencing SSE, the Pac-Man sound, Silly angel is too good!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I suppose Dark Pit's codec explains why Hades and Medusa haven't shown up, since they're both dead having this take place after Uprising. Pretty neat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I suppose Dark Pit's codec explains why Hades and Medusa haven't shown up, since they're both dead having this take place after Uprising. Pretty neat.
Don't they just go to the Underworld if they die?

Also Medusa's died before

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Don't they just go to the Underworld if they die?

Also Medusa's died before
I dunno. Killing Hades apparently made the world better so I'm sure theres more to it than that.

The better question is, don't they just become enemies in the Underworld Army now?

Does this hint towards Uprising 2?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Great Sacred Treasure's wave motion gun completely disintegrated Hades's body to the point that he can't regenerate it back for another 25 years. Even if he did go back to the Underworld, he's still without a body.

And Medusa only came back because Hades collected and assembled enough souls to recreate her. If Hades can't recreate himself atm, he can't recreate her.

Basically, the Underworld is without a commander or god now. Perfect for a sequel setup.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I get it, 25 years

Because Kid Icarus Uprising came out 25 years after the original

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Kinda dissapointed at Ness, they didn't even talk about him :(

Can't wait for what they say about Lucina, Palutena and ZSS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Least they mention how Rosa is a psycho who sends her children off to die. Been wondering about that.
Well no, as Palutena says, the Lumas will sacrifice anything for Rosalina. They'd probably join the battle even if she says they should stay at home.

And I'd argue that Palutena has more going for her as far as being a psycho. The Centurions are completely incompetent, yet Palutena STILL sends them out to die, knowing they can't do much. At least Lumas can hold their own, and when they die, they are reborn seconds later. Not to mention, Rosalina gets her hands dirty too and will directly protect Lumas, while Palutena just sits at home and watches Centurions throw their lives away.

Aaaaand Rosalina has never implied she knows what Lumas taste like...meanwhile Palutena has done so with angels on more than one occasion....

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Pit said:
Does Ike look a little different to you? A little...tougher
That's the power of fighting for your friends, Pit. You should try it some time. :4myfriends:

Oh boy, i'm never gonna get used to pronouncing his name "shoolk" instead of the way most people make it rhyme with "sulk".

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Prefer Snakes codec version, these kid icarus ones are cringe worthy at best and they talk more amongst themselves instead of the character(ness is the perfect example).

Captain falcon one was amazingly done in Snakes unlike this one. That's my opinion.

Shog

Smash Ace
Prefer Snakes codec version, these kid icarus ones are cringe worthy at best and they talk more amongst themselves instead of the character(ness is the perfect example).

Captain falcon one was amazingly done in Snakes unlike this one. That's my opinion.
Agree, that's Sakurai bias at its finest, Ness is the ultimate, perfect example

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Dude, relax. The Chrom thing was probably Sakurai's way of emphasizing that if Chrom were playable, he'd be to similar to Ike while Robin brings something new.
in other words, sakurai sometimes has no imagination. like when he wa sbrainstorming for Wario or dk's movesets.

its not hard to make chrom 100% unique sakurai.... >_>

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Huh. I disagree completely. Snake's were cool and all (mainly Captain Falcon and Falco's IMO) but these for the most part are hilarious. It makes me want to play Uprising

Gamingboy

Smash Lord

OTOH, it's also a bit within character for them. They do kind of have short attention spans...

espio87

Smash Ace
It's pretty cool that the koopalings have their unique conversations. Most likely it's the same case with Alph and Olimar. Watching Robin's conversations I noticed they never use a gender pronoun, pretty smart move.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
OTOH, it's also a bit within character for them. They do kind of have short attention spans...
I agree, one minute they talk about the character then they go off and their own dry conversation neglecting Ness in the process.

They did that with Thanitos i think.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't see why almost everyone is so mad about the Chrom one, it was probably meant as a joke or an explanation on why Chrom didn't come, I'm sure Sakurai didn't think it'd cause mad Chrom fans.
If anything it was really teasing fans for thinking Chrom was a guaranteed addition to the game and nothing could change that. If it wasn't for the fans (ironically), I doubt Chrom would've gotten the same treatment he did and teased in such a fashion.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I like Snake's better as well. He's such a serious guy, and he's fighting these ridiculous characters. His snark and reactions to the absurdity were a lot funnier.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I think i'm liking the Pit convos better in general but I will say this: The convo on Ness for Snake' codec was infinitely better than the one for Palutena's guidance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom