• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Eh, even with that, I still think it's a whole load of bologna.
Yep. people really assumed too much around it and the words that'd make the ad come up. I talked enough about it tho. I might just have to accept that some people want to find reasons to make a big deal out of it i guess. i dunno ;p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So how many characters are supposed to lead to this ad again?

Doomguy
Banjo
Ryu H.
Astorias
And...? Didn’t Assassin’s Creed also trigger it?
... doesn’t that make it 5? Ergo, fake?

Unless this becomes a sequel to the list of 7 Squares.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Doomguy
Banjo
Ryu H.
Astorias

It was the four listed plus Joker.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Doomguy
Banjo
Ryu H.
Astorias

They talked about the 4 you mention. If AC triggered it then that's news for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I read somewhere that somebody did it, I’ll try to find it.
Please double check that.

Though maybe we're getting an Echo version of a Fighter's pass or something? But yeah, if we see even more, it could confirm a Fighter's Pass by accident on Nintendo's part. Which would be neat.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I think this just about busts the Google leak entirely. Not even surprised.
But that would mean that no one actually tried to click on the ad?

I'm trying to think if there's a way to redirect to the actual nintendo site, but google ads would take it down if it didn't match the right url.. hmm..

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What makes Ryce credible? I've heard his name thrown around a lot like it means something.
I think he leaked Marvel vs Capcom Infinite stuff. I dont know what else, but i've seen people talk about him being an insider here and there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yep. people really assumed too much around it and the words that'd make the ad come up. I talked enough about it tho. I might just have to accept that some people want to find reasons to make a big deal out of it i guess. i dunno ;p
Since it only worked with 4 characters other than Joker, and then suddenly started working for everyone other than the 4, it was understandable to find it plausible at the least imo.

Though if what Ryce is saying is true, than good gosh why did no one actually click the dang thing ._. (I would've but I don't live in Europe).

D

Deleted member

Since it only worked with 4 characters other than Joker, and then suddenly started working for everyone other than the 4, it was understandable to find it plausible at the least imo.

Though if what Ryce is saying is true, than good gosh why did no one actually click the dang thing ._. (I would've but I don't live in Europe).
Link redirects to Nintendo website, most likely if someone clicked on the ad they didnt verify it when the address changed :b

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To me it wasn't very plausible at all, but i didn't expect it to be actually faked by someone. (I still wanna see what ends up being said about it though)

And google ads would take down redirects, so i dont understand why it would've stayed up this long. It's just weird.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But the link still uses the Nintendo Netherlands domain, which supposedly some random dude couldn't just buy an ad for due to not being a responsible employee or the owner.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And google would take down an ad like that or one that redirects like it did. So in whatever case google didnt do its job quick enough lol.
Currently I'm very confused, as supposedly a random dude shouldn't have been able to buy the ad in the first place, and I don't know if the ad still pops up or not and I can't check because I'm 'Murican. It started doing a weird thing where it would pop up for every character except the four that it's tied to.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Currently I'm very confused, as supposedly a random dude shouldn't have been able to buy the ad in the first place, and I don't know if the ad still pops up or not. It started doing a weird thing where it would pop up for every character except the four that it's tied to.
You can, but google reviews it and takes down what shouldn't be there. Unless they have new rules in place or their system tracks it down quick.

Honestly i'm not 100% sure for nowadays so somebody needs to check with how it actually works right now.

+What you said aobut the weird thing sounds funny. curious what that's about.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Polar just made a few comments on the ResetEra thread after I tagged them. This is what they had to say:

NewWabiSabi said:
This is untrue. The four main ads that are being analyzed RN all link to a real Nintendo UK page. I'll admit if I am corrected though, I'm double checking with duckmeat real quick.
But yes, any ads that link to a real Nintendo page can only be somebody with access to Nintendo's accounts or websites.
NewWabiSabi said:
Correcting myself here. It links to a UK page that 404's. However, it still has the Nintendo.co.uk domain name, which is not allowed to be advertised by anybody except those with access to Nintendo's websites or accounts. This entire situation is very odd.
NewWabiSabi said:
Weiss said:
So the validity of this link is based on the 404 page linking to Nintendo.co.uk? There's no way that can be faked?
I'm saying, advertising the Nintendo.co.uk domain overall, any page, fake or real, requires credentials.
Hailinel said:
But how hard would it be to, for example, fake credentials sufficient for Google?
That's a better question. I am unsure.

Sources:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-111#post-20823362

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-111#post-20823611

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-111#post-20823700

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe she assumed a lot based on what the guy they talked to said. He didn't know or clarify that only some things are caught by the policy manager quick. Unfortunately I don't know what is and isn't because they changed some stuff 2 months ago.

I found this article that talks about the new changes. I dont have time to look more into it now, but i'll share it in case someone wants to see a bit more:
https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/13/g...bad-pages-plans-new-policy-manager-this-year/

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did Nintendo change their links lately? Otherwise, its probably a misdirect
Dunno if you can modify the hyperlink in the ad like this https://www.nintendo.nl/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-1395713.html#Fighters_Pass
"
Destination mismatch

The following is not allowed:

Ads that don't accurately reflect where the user is being directed
Examples: Using the display URL "www.google.com" but leading to a landing page with the URL "www.youtube.com"; using the keyword insertion feature in the top-level or second-level domain of your display URL, such as "www.{keyword}.com"​
A domain or domain extension in the display URL that doesn’t match the final URL
Examples: Display URL: google.com and Final URL: example.com; Display URL: example.com and Final URL: example.org​
Failing to use a subdomain to clearly identify a site from all other sites hosted on that domain or from the parent domain
Example: Display URL: blogspot.com and Final URL: mycompany.blogspot.com
Note: A subdomain is not required if the domain is used exclusively by one company.​
Redirects from the final URL that take the user to a different domain
Example: The final URL http://example.com redirects to http://example2.com
Tracking templates that don’t lead to the same content as the final URL
Example: The final URL leads to a product category page, but the tracking template directs the user to a specific product page​
"
https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6368661?hl=en

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don’t know where this is going but the idea of Nintendo paying for ads for a page that doesn’t exist, which allowed people to brute force the remaining 4 characters this far in advance by using very specific search terms, is really out there.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know where this is going but the idea of Nintendo paying for ads for a page that doesn’t exist, which allowed people to brute force the remaining 4 characters this far in advance by using very specific search terms, is really out there.
I'm reading everything being posted about the Google theory and its supporters keep looking like

D

Deleted member

Well regarding polar, here is what an user posted regarding it
Unless they changed this recently, and I don't have an AdWords account anymore to check, that shouldn't be true. You choose keywords and link to a website. So if I'm selling a book on Amazon, I can link to the Amazon page. You then have to compete with others on the keywords used. It can get costly the more competition you have.

There's nothing stopping me from advertising for Amazon for my book anymore than someone could make a fake ad on Google to advertise on Nintendo. That response looks more like they're saying they can't get into your account to advertise, not that they can't create their own account to do so- but it doesn't look like the whole question was there in the Twitter post.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-111#post-20824034

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The possibility that Nintendo ****ed up is not proof that Nintendo has ****ed up now. Don't make me remind you all about the Grinch leak and Best Buy leak.
I'm not saying it's proof.

It's just the way some people act towards those who entertain this idea.

-and Best Buy's Joker was real

Last edited:
Top Bottom