• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS Petition (Write here if you support the thread)

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS

Psst, listen up!
If we wanna have some spirits and assist trophies turn into fighters, we gotta make our voices loud and clear we want some spirits to be playable. (It of course can't be all of them, just ones that you feel didn't deserve those spots but the fighter one)

I'm no good at making petitions, but I'm sure someone out there who's good at it should make one and make it popular, so I'm just having this as a thread waiting for supporters for SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS to come in and write down comments to increase the number to the highest point possible.

If you want this thread big, you'll need to fill it up with comments.

Moderators of Smashboards and Administrator, I hope that if this thread is big enough or if the petition has enough supporters or both, you can contact Nintendo how much we support the idea of getting spirits turned into fighters.

Anyway, just don't give up until we win over Sakurai/Nintendo. I just want them to be acknowledged how badly we want these non-fighters spirits and assist trophies to be in the fighting roster! Spirits don't have to be DLC (Assists can't be), but hopefully we'll get something rewarding for our loud requests.

SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS, everyone! SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS!

This is the first reply of the thread as a test:

Good luck and keep supporting!

SPIRITS/ASSISTS-TO-FIGHTERS!!

Oh, and one more thing!
The Fighter Pass choices were already made so the spirits/assists we want will be after the pass. We're loud and strong enough to not be ignored before February 2020.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pft, I doubt anything will come from this, but hey, anything that increases Lyn's chances beyond zero.
Lyn carrying Mark.jpg

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
eh, assists probably won't be able to be upgraded until the next game. But if I were to pick one, it'd be my boy Alucard.
636693358924427952-SSBU-Richter-Alucard.jpg

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 2.16.00 AM.png

Love all the Golden Sun content in smash so far, but would like to see my boi Isaac as a playable fighter someday.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Petitions don't work. Never have, never will.

Doesn't matter anyway as all the DLC fighters have been decided on. You're way better off hoping for your character in the next Smash game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm all for this. Diehard Bomberman support all the way! I also support Krystal and Isaac.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Krystal, Shantae, Isaac, Geno, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rex, Chun-Li, Bomberman, Waluigi should all be promoted to playable in the next Smash.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
now, I will say that I support this (the black knight is my only wanted character at this point), but I do think we need to establish one thing before committing to anything, nintendo doesn't do petitions, they don't care how many signatures you have, because it is easy to sign a piece of paper, but that offers no guarantee that you will actually buy it, here is my recommendation, you do a kickstarter to basically offer the money to nintendo for development, I don't know how you would go about that but I was thinking that you put your money where your mouth is, I would happily spend up to 50$ on a DLC pack if it meant that I could get the black knight in smash, my biggest recommendation is not to go to sakurai (because at this point he is being told what to add, nintendo proper calls the shots) but instead go to nintendo's president, the main thing is to give nintendo confirmation that it will sell just as many units as there are signatures on the petition and then some, I do believe that smash bros. DLC will sell no matter what, but nintendo will not be so loose about their DLC choices.

I do still want to say that I wholeheartedly want to see this go somewhere, because I too was burned during that direct and I don't want to be like everyone else who basically says it is over, I really want to have hope of my favorite getting in, shoot, with how insane the effort assists have had put into them this time around I wonder just how much extra effort it would be to add them at this point.

and to conclude, here is how you have an assist and a playable fighter coexist, there are two options, one (the easiest) simply disable the assist when the character is present in a battle, this means that you get no complaints from those who don't get the dlc and you still get the assist when not using the fighter, two (the one that requires more effort) give the assist a unique skin for when the fighter is present (I'm thinking an ethereal sort of look which is universal across all assists), this allows the game to be unaffected regardless of who is being used, of course the second option is the best one to use due to being the least intrusive.

Edit: I also want to stress that inaction is far worse than anything you can do, pissing off sakurai with spam about waluigi at least got stuff out there and got people talking about waluigi in smash.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Good idea. Let's ask for a kickstarter in an attempt to get Ultimate to continue with new content after the Fighters Pass.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, Midna is a spirit (twice!) and an Assist Trophy.
Elma is also a spirit.

So sure, I support.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If Splatoon 2 has continued longer than Splatoon 1, I really don't see why they can't do the same with Ultimate. After all, in both times Splatfests in Splatoon 1 and development in Smash 4 were announced to have ended, the Nintendo Switch was already in the works and the developers must've known the new console would come sometime in the future and how the Wii U is struggling with sales. Splatoon 2 has lasted longer because there were no known new console in development and since the Switch is doing so well, 2020 seems too early to get a new console. So I'm sure there'll be some surprise for us.

Last edited:

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
so, I thought of a more detailed form of the plan and it is a bit out there, but if it goes well we could make this happen

phase one: we begin with a kickstarter to amass a large sum of money (this is the most important part)

phase two: we get a lawyer to help devise legally binding contracts between the parties involved in the kickstarter (this is to prevent those involved from taking the money and running)

phase three: we purchase a very large share of nintendo's stock (this gets us in a shareholder meeting where we present this to nintendo's president)

phase four: have a representative (chosen by our backers most likely) respectfully present the request to nintendo's president explaining how they got into the meeting and what exactly these fans want with a list and other possible resources

phase five: wait and see how it went

I admit, this could be legendary if we pulled it off, just getting into a stakeholder meeting just to ask for some smash bros characters would really turn some heads, I hear that the current president likes dlc and I think that a series 2 dlc is far from off the table.

as for thoughts and opinions on this, frankly, insane plan, I am open to suggestions, I am not asking for money, I am simply asking for the black knight in smash bros, I will happily turn this plan to whoever wants to use it because I think this is the best way to get our voices heard on the matter, I need to stress that petitions are a bad idea fundamentally because there is no accountability on the part of the signers, but this has us paying nintendo and requesting the characters, as for reward tiers, I think that the stock could be given out to the higher tier backers when we are done but I don't know for sure about the logistics of that.

edit: we also need to spread this to all corners of the internet if we want it to happen, the last thing we should do is just throw it out there and hope for the best, take to twitter, facebook, youtube, or anywhere else you can, make sure that this at least has a shot.

Last edited:

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
that is the kind of mindset that changes nothing, there is no guarantee that some characters will ever have any other chance, not to mention the possible matchups that would be lost in smash bros 6.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, I don't want Smash Ultimate's DLC to hog my Switch system's memory just to get every requested character in.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
Lol then don't buy the one's you don't care about.
they take up space regardless of purchase status, this does not change the fact that he should invest in an sd card, I got a 126 gb sd card for under 25 on amazon, memory only ever gets cheaper and the switch supports up to 2 terabytes.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Lol then don't buy the one's you don't care about.
Even then, the release of the DLC would require an update so that you can battle Piranha Plant players online even when you don't have Piranha Plant. And I will buy the DLC for the option of trying out any character I want and because I'm a bit of a completionist. I like having a full roster. What I don't want, is for Smash to be another LEGO Dimensions that has a bunch of gigabytes worth of updates to make data management hard for me and impossible to play a digitally downloaded game. I have the digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. I don't want Smash to get too big. I want to be able to play any character I want and buy all the DLC. I do not want Smash to get so big that it's impossible. I'm getting Piranha Plant even if he's a wasted slot. I'm buying the Fighter Pass. I had already bought all the Smash 4 DLC even though I don't use the Mii costumes. I would like Smash Ultimate to be like Smash 4 in terms of DLC distribution. Whatever is on the fighter roster, I'll accept. Whoever doesn't get in, I'll still like the game as it is. We have to be grateful. All the veterans are in. We have a lot of returning stages. There is a World of Light story. Squad Strike lets you use multiple characters in a match. The Spirits and Assist Trophies, at least those characters are acknowledged. Technically Waluigi, Shantae, Krystal, Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Shovel Knight, Otacon, Rayman, Black Knight, Lyn, Rabbids, Tails, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, etc. are in Smash Ultimate. They are just not playable. I mean, I really don't get the whole "if they're not playable, they're not in" mentality of the Smash fandom. Just because Donald Duck isn't playable in Kingdom Hearts doesn't mean he isn't in Kingdom Hearts, right? Technically Ridley was in Brawl and Smash Wii U. They did acknowledge those characters, but working on movesets for newcomers are very hard. Especially when there's 64 veterans to tweak and update. Not to mention Nintendo had to renegotiate the rights to Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta to make sure every veteran was back after all the backlash of cut veterans. But if they made sure to make all requested characters into fighters, there would not be enough space on the game card or the console to handle it.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Frankly I care more about people getting characters they want than how much data you're willing to devote to the game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
so, I thought of a more detailed form of the plan and it is a bit out there, but if it goes well we could make this happen

phase one: we begin with a kickstarter to amass a large sum of money (this is the most important part)

phase two: we get a lawyer to help devise legally binding contracts between the parties involved in the kickstarter (this is to prevent those involved from taking the money and running)

phase three: we purchase a very large share of nintendo's stock (this gets us in a shareholder meeting where we present this to nintendo's president)

phase four: have a representative (chosen by our backers most likely) respectfully present the request to nintendo's president explaining how they got into the meeting and what exactly these fans want with a list and other possible resources

phase five: wait and see how it went

I admit, this could be legendary if we pulled it off, just getting into a stakeholder meeting just to ask for some smash bros characters would really turn some heads, I hear that the current president likes dlc and I think that a series 2 dlc is far from off the table.

as for thoughts and opinions on this, frankly, insane plan, I am open to suggestions, I am not asking for money, I am simply asking for the black knight in smash bros, I will happily turn this plan to whoever wants to use it because I think this is the best way to get our voices heard on the matter, I need to stress that petitions are a bad idea fundamentally because there is no accountability on the part of the signers, but this has us paying nintendo and requesting the characters, as for reward tiers, I think that the stock could be given out to the higher tier backers when we are done but I don't know for sure about the logistics of that.

edit: we also need to spread this to all corners of the internet if we want it to happen, the last thing we should do is just throw it out there and hope for the best, take to twitter, facebook, youtube, or anywhere else you can, make sure that this at least has a shot.
If we all amassed a large enough sum of money to purchase a share in Nintendo's stocks...

I'd honestly rather be using that money for something else entirely, like going to Mars or something

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Even then, the release of the DLC would require an update so that you can battle Piranha Plant players online even when you don't have Piranha Plant. And I will buy the DLC for the option of trying out any character I want and because I'm a bit of a completionist. I like having a full roster. What I don't want, is for Smash to be another LEGO Dimensions that has a bunch of gigabytes worth of updates to make data management hard for me and impossible to play a digitally downloaded game. I have the digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. I don't want Smash to get too big. I want to be able to play any character I want and buy all the DLC. I do not want Smash to get so big that it's impossible. I'm getting Piranha Plant even if he's a wasted slot. I'm buying the Fighter Pass. I had already bought all the Smash 4 DLC even though I don't use the Mii costumes. I would like Smash Ultimate to be like Smash 4 in terms of DLC distribution. Whatever is on the fighter roster, I'll accept. Whoever doesn't get in, I'll still like the game as it is. We have to be grateful. All the veterans are in. We have a lot of returning stages. There is a World of Light story. Squad Strike lets you use multiple characters in a match. The Spirits and Assist Trophies, at least those characters are acknowledged. Technically Waluigi, Shantae, Krystal, Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Shovel Knight, Otacon, Rayman, Black Knight, Lyn, Rabbids, Tails, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, etc. are in Smash Ultimate. They are just not playable. I mean, I really don't get the whole "if they're not playable, they're not in" mentality of the Smash fandom. Just because Donald Duck isn't playable in Kingdom Hearts doesn't mean he isn't in Kingdom Hearts, right? Technically Ridley was in Brawl and Smash Wii U. They did acknowledge those characters, but working on movesets for newcomers are very hard. Especially when there's 64 veterans to tweak and update. Not to mention Nintendo had to renegotiate the rights to Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta to make sure every veteran was back after all the backlash of cut veterans. But if they made sure to make all requested characters into fighters, there would not be enough space on the game card or the console to handle it.
We don't have to have all requested fighters, just a small portion of it for DLC. BTW, I do hope at least one of the fan demand characters get in if none of them are part of the Fighters Pass.
You see, there would be one stage slot leftover and 24 remaining slots according to the datamining.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; off-topic spam
I hope Rayman can get in, to bad he's a spirit :c

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Issac
Lyn
Shadow
Skull Kid
Spring Man

I really wanted all of these and seeing them deconfirmed is a tad bit heart breaking, but worse of all, we got two Castlevania representatives and Alucard wasn’t one of them. This thread has my full support.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Y'all need to just individually campaign for the characters that you want. "Turn ATs and spirits into fighters" is too vague and it's unlikely you'll get what you, specifically, want anyway.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Y'all need to just individually campaign for the characters that you want. "Turn ATs and spirits into fighters" is too vague and it's unlikely you'll get what you, specifically, want anyway.
True... I didn't specify many ATs for precisely that reason.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
MY TOP FIVE TROPHIES TO FIGHTERS, THEY REALLY NEED TO DESERVE TO BECOME PLAYABLE FIGHTERS!

1. WALUIGI (Luigi echo?)

2. KNUCKLE JOE

3. SHADOW (Sonic echo)

4. KRYSTAL

5. ISSAC or whatever that Golden Sun main guys name is, that game was popular in GBA era.

(6. Shovel Knight)

Last edited:
Top Bottom