• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You are welcome to believe this, and I think you do regardless of your alignment, but it's an impression that is not consistent with actual data. Early claimants, especially those claiming not under pressure are overwhelmingly Townies. Here's the list from DGames since I started playing:
ND3 - Maven, Town
Wam Chaos - I think the first person to claim was Swiss, Town.
Apex - Maven and Sabrar, both Town
TIL - I think it was Wam, Town, but probably under pressure
Completely Vanilla - Chaco and Darkpit claimed first, both Town (I didn't play this game but I followed closely in spec)
Midnight - Xivii, Town (though this was a fake claim, he was a different PR)
Sumting - 3DS and Trisscar, both Town
Oasis - 3DS, Town

I can think of one or two examples from xkcd off the top of my head (Xivii, Stellaris, Town, for example; I feel like there was at least one Peaceful Whale game, possibly X-Men, Town, and maybe Crossover, Town as well). My memory is otherwise not as encyclopedic about those sort of details as I would like but I'm sure I could dredge up some more examples if my point isn't clear enough. I do not recall any instance in any game I have ever played of scum spontaneously claiming early in the game unless it was to save themselves from being yeeted. So... yes, I think Darkpit is likely Town due to his position in the claim order alone, and I believe that people farther down the claim order have a higher probability of being mafia.
where was all this when sabrar held out on claiming? feels like you're not following through on your proposed calculus

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
hey flame

Laser's flipflopping is pretty sus IMO

got anything to add for somitomi or bessie?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B1-10]

somitomi* | 3/5 | FateShirou, Swiss, bessie
Swiss | 1/5 | somitomi*
FateShirou | 1/5 | Darkpit
bessie | 1/5 | LaserGuy
LaserGuy |1/5| FrozenFlame

Not Voting: Z25, Sabrar

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi
som, unv
fro, swi
swi, las - already voting
shi, swi
las, bes
swi, bes
las, shi
bes, som
las, bes
sab, unv
sab, shi
som, shi
z25, swi
las, shi
swi, som
z25, unv
pit, shi
sab, unv
las, unvo
shi, som
las, bes
som, unv
som, swi
fro, las

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Friday, the 21st at 11:59 pm MT.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You flatter me...
You could just say you're suspicious of me in thread though, so this basically achieved nothing. And if you're sanctioned, your power is useless this way, mafia will just not accept the cookie if it means suspicion. I think Darkpit already explained this, so why are you stubbornly going with it, especially in a situation where it's actually not necessary?

Damn, if Fate flips demon and I go down because of it, I will scream so loud...
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyway, attempt number 1 at a readlist:

Spirits
Laser: See above. Good vibes? Helpful, genuine tone. Seems interested in boosting and continuing communication among town.
Swiss: Tone seems super natural. Kinda stresses me out but doesn't seem scummy. One of the main people driving conversation, which is always a plus
**** outta here lmao if I solved darkpit/swiss/laser D1 im a legend

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 have you seriously not cast a single vote this game or did I miss it?
Z, roles were assigned separate from alignment, and proving that your claim is legit doesn't really do much for proving alignment.

Probably won't be back before eod, sorry I couldn't contribute more today. I'll be placing my vote on Fate, as that's the current wagon I'd be most comfortable with. Hopefully I'll be able to be back an hour or two before deadline, but I can't promise. If not, I'll at least try to reread before tomorrow. Really sorry bros. Hopefully this'll at least give us more to go off even if we're wrong

##FateShirou

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laser's flipflopping is pretty sus IMO

got anything to add for somitomi or bessie?
I've been scum with somi before and just modded a game where somi and laser were mates so I'm currently re-reading them and comparing

bessie I feel like has just been a weird focal point for sab and laser, need to re-iso though

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Fate, why somi over laser swiss or darkpit?
they spent the majority of the game talking about wether day 1 claims were good/bad for scum, and then the tussle with me, feels like they are tunneling on me

I thought swiss/laser were solving
but that on/offvote on me is so stupid like jeez
it feels like they dont want me to be lynched but want to vote on someone

I'm okay voting there now
and on darkpit, them dropping a vote on me for -1 is just terrible lol

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar whats your take on swiss/laser mates?
I have Swiss as town-lean regardless of LaserGuy, didn't analyze their interaction.

I don't see how you can clear FateShirou (an unknown player) based on tone alone when you admit you can't do the same with LaserGuy with whom you have experience.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I also don't like how the FateShirou wagon just disappeared right after I pointed out the scum-theater.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how you can clear FateShirou (an unknown player) based on tone alone when you admit you can't do the same with LaserGuy with whom you have experience.
sabrar how many times will u vote for me this phrase
37mins left
what are you going to do
keep tunneling on me, vote somewhere else?

lets take a look at ur bud laser
would you vote there
how do you feel about them being on/off me

how do you feel about pit dropping their vote nd bouncing on a -1

anyone you feel sus about?

want to talk bessie?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
?????????????????????
This is exactly what i talked about. Someone talks about Swiss, they throw a vote down, then retract it to soon after. It feels very off to me that town would play that way.
Z25 Z25 why do you think maven just full quoted lasers first post and insta voted him? do you take that vote as RVS?
Honestly I didn’t give much thought to Maven’s content. He’s honestly an enigma to me most of the time lol. He’s very hard to get into the head of most of the time I’ve played with them.

My best guess if it isn’t RVS, is maybe the sheeping Sabrar comment felt unnatural to Maven, as I don’t think Laser usually goes into an rvs like that. Or Maven could have been against a mass claim, although given the setup I don’t know why.

If your RVSing though, you probably don’t just quote a random post from the user. So my guess is something was off there that Maven picked up on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m still sticking with my best read right now and

##vote: Swiss

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you don't understand why townies like to use all the available time to get information...
what info did u get from getting me to -1
anyone votting for me sus?
anyone not voting for me sus?

or how about the poeple who voted for me but then unvoted as soon as it was -1
who did you think would have hammer'd me?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm back! Rehearsal ended earlier than expected, thankfully

Ik the vote was less-than-ideal, but I had been told multiple times to vote, and figured it would be better to vote for the wagon I would prefer and at least show where I stood than disappear for the day having never voted, right?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have Swiss as town-lean regardless of LaserGuy, didn't analyze their interaction.

Laserguy has proven to me he can maintain highly consistent tone as both alignments so I actively give tone reads with him far less weight than other parts of my calculus

Fate has not demonstrated to this to me and given his style of play I don't think his tone is as controlled as laser's and therefore there is more to glean. I dont think he has the polish to obscure tone tells that laser does

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you answer my questions first? Afraid to give opinion?
because i dont trust taxi drivers/bus drivers/whatever driver he is
which is a moot point now because the fact roles are not NAI got hammered into my skull

updated list

Vote
LaserGuy
Sabrar
Darkpit
Somitomi

Not Vote
FrozenFlame
Z25
bessie
Swiss

Top Bottom