• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spiking at Smash Village

emoklops

Smash Cadet
Hi Snake users.

I just played online with Snake just for fun when I spiked a ROB, but incredibly nice. I used a planted C4 in the center of the stage and the ROB tried to hover below the stage to the other side when I blasted the C4 by accident. Result: The explosion penetrated the stage and spiked ROB while he was below.

I found that worth sharing, even though it might not be useful at all in a real competitive play.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a stage spike to me. I like planting a C4 right before the edge, then when someone tries to fly under the stage, I detonate it. I never knew the C4 can penetrate through the entire stage though!

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah thats sweet. probably useful against pit/ other gliders/ amazing recoverers. i dont think this is known...

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ive never herd of this either dude thats pretty freaking cool. lol someone should use it more often on smashville. did u put it right on the center? it hit him below? im guessing his head is touching the bottom center of the stage.

cool anyway good stuff. mk gliders beware

SAID!

Smash Rookie
Yeah I did that on Pokemon Stadium too I laughed soo hard. I don't think you would get a MK glider with it at least when I glid I don't really come too close to the stage.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Problem is, this only works with really thin stages. That limits when and how you can use this. Smashville is just thin enough that the hitbox of C4 extends slightly below the stage itself, but in turn, the other guy is going to have to be pretty close to the stage (touching it) for this to work.

ROB, yeah. Pit, most likely. MK, I don't know, I doubt it, considering the flight path he'll need to take to get back on the stage. Charizard... yeah, and no. Big enough, problematic flight path.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Did it spike him, or did he get "thrown" up into the stage and bounce off of that?

This needs testing...

Since I can't get to the Wii right now, trying planting a C4 on the platform that moves on Smashville, or the top platform on battlefield. Battlefield might work better. Have your opponent jump. Iif they're below the platform, you detonate, and they go down, kudos. Otherwise they go up and hit the stage, which can be teched.

Still, if they don't expect it, it could be nice to do. :) Good find regardless.

EDIT: Did some testing. The explosion sends them at an upward trajectory. So what happened was your friend bounced off the bottom of the stage, and flew down. It's probably possible to tech this, but if they don't know it's coming, I can see this working once in a while.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... stage spike. Thought everyone knew that the C4 causes upwards trajectory. Stage spike is all it is, but the hitbox under the stage is hard to get.

Top Bottom