• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speedy-Norris Monthly Tournament #2! (Date Changed to November 15th!

When should this tournament take place...?

• Total voters
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
I wanted to inform everyone of the reason for my absence. I had been called in to work at a time I was not originally scheduled and I absolutely had to be there. I am terribly sorry for all the problems I've caused....
I couldn't forget about this event- and I'd hate for everyone to believe I just up-and-abandoned this. :(

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
I wanted to inform everyone of the reason for my absence. I had been called in to work at a time I was not originally scheduled and I absolutely had to be there. I am terribly sorry for all the problems I've caused....
I couldn't forget about this event- and I'd hate for everyone to believe I just up-and-abandoned this. :(
we figured something came up. You weren't alone on the large list of no-shows though. ;)
I informed everyone of the future of the Speedy/Norris Monthly tournaments, and how The next tournament will be in January.

Smilkerson

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9201-7475
Well I better get the wii u version quick. Hopefully I'm not busy this time. But can't wait for the falcon ditto hype! Nothing can get better than that!

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
Well guys, this tournament is now cancelled due to a lack fo particiaption and the disapearance of the primary host. Expect news of upcoming tournamets in this thread within thurty minutes
Aw Man that sucks, sorry that happened, I also want to apologize about my absence for this tournament, I had something come up and I didn't get home till about 4 pm sadly, and then I was distracted and then forgot about it.

Again Sorry guys! I look forward to the Wii U Tournament!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

@Finsom25

@Fathom778

@SSNC Luck

@lijero13ss

@LuigEzz

@ RCyclone RCyclone

@Pitismyangel

@ Merged Merged

@ Gidy Gidy

@Ehn Jolly

These are the people that are a no show. There's also Jonftl who isn't even on Smashboards and some people who are invisible so I can't see their last activity. This makes it 11/28 people who are gone. I think this warrants being cancelled or at the least, postponed again.
The wall of shame. My apoligies, guys. I had family issues :/

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
For future reference, why not have a closer playtime to the announcent of the the tournements? And possibly prizes as well?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
For future reference, why not have a closer playtime to the announcent of the the tournements? And possibly prizes as well?
please read my post above. It was Speed's decision not to have a prize. Really though, a prize should not be the reason to play in these tournaments, or even care about them. It is about interaction with the community and making friends. I am not necessarily speaking to you.
My tournaments will have a prize out of my own pocket though. It will be Speed's decision to include prizes for his months.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
please read my post above. It was Speed's decision not to have a prize. Really though, a prize should not be the reason to play in these tournaments, or even care about them. It is about interaction with the community and making friends. I am not necessarily speaking to you.
My tournaments will have a prize out of my own pocket though. It will be Speed's decision to include prizes for his months.
I agree with you, but prizes and a earlier play time to announcement of the tournament will keep players here.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I agree with you, but prizes and a earlier play time to announcement of the tournament will keep players here.
they shouldn't have signed up if they weren't going to show up (unless an emergency happened of course)
That is why the next tourney thread and sign up will not be until a week before the tourney.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
they shouldn't have signed up if they weren't going to show up (unless an emergency happened of course)
That is why the next tourney thread and sign up will not be until a week before the tourney.
Okay, that's good! Might I ask when it is?

Spirst

Okay, that's good! Might I ask when it is?
Not to be a **** or anything but you wouldn't have needed to ask any of these questions if you read what's happened in this thread recently. He gives a whole explanation of what's going down right here:

Okay guys! Here is the news! Next tournament will be in January! This will allow everyone to take a small break and get used to... the Wii U Version! This will also give time for a good stage list.
Rules will primarily be the same for right now. Additionally, we will be in need of a streamer, or two even. These streamers would need to record footage for me to use, and the streamer can be... the.. forgot word darn it.. they can be the one who says what they people are doing xD So if you nknow anyone who will be willing to do this, that would be great!
The date will be January 17, 2015 (time to be later addressed). Mark your Calender. I will also go with Spirst's idea of a three day check in.
If you are a no show for that tourney, you will not be allowed to participate in any other one of our tourneys.
There will be an eshop prize of $20. This will be NA exclusive.
Thanks everyone for reading. Have fun!
PM over the period of December for streamers and any questions!
Also, you will be locked into one character, but there can be multiples of the same character! This makes counter picking simpler for beginners and takes less time.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Not to be a **** or anything but you wouldn't have needed to ask any of these questions if you read what's happened in this thread recently. He gives a whole explanation of what's going down right here:
Thanks Spirst! @ Gidy Gidy sorry for being rude to you earlier. I was...cranky...

Merged

Smash Rookie
Sorry I couldn't make it this saturday, unexpected things came up, also is there going to be another tournament?

Spirst

lol Spirst. You're always just ahead of me.
Am I the only one who reads through posts to make sure I don't ask the same question?
I don't get how people look through a thread without reading it to see if their question has already been addressed. It's literally on the same page.

Top Bottom