• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speedy-Norris Monthly Tournament #2! (Date Changed to November 15th!

When should this tournament take place...?

• Total voters

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Well guys, this tournament is now cancelled due to a lack fo particiaption and the disapearance of the primary host. Expect news of upcoming tournamets in this thread within thurty minutes

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Big plans are in the future tournanets. I shall be hosting the next tourney. Be ready for some news in thirty minutes. Sorry for letting you guys down. :(

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
*sigh*

That could've gone better.

Spirst

I think a good course of action would be to have registration and such be closer to the actual tournament date rather than weeks in advance. This keeps it fresh in the minds of the people who signed up so they won't forget or anything. Additionally, there should be check-ins about 3 days in advance to confirm the attendants.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Im looking forward to the next tourney then :D, since almost nobody uses Shulk, my Shulk is secured hue hue hue...:denzel:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I think a good course of action would be to have registration and such be closer to the actual tournament date rather than weeks in advance. This keeps it fresh in the minds of the people who signed up so they won't forget or anything. Additionally, there should be check-ins about 3 days in advance to confirm the attendants.
This isn't a bad idea, but what if peopel want to scheduoe it far in advance? At least this time I will have a set date. We will try this

Spirst

This isn't a bad idea, but what if peopel want to scheduoe it far in advance? At least this time I will have a set date. We will try this
If they want to schedule it far in advance, they should find another tourney. I'm positive we'll have more participants if the tourney is situated close to the registration dates. Spacing them out can lead to other things popping up, not prioritizing it, and simply just being forgetful.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay guys! Here is the news! Next tournament will be in January! This will allow everyone to take a small break and get used to... the Wii U Version! This will also give time for a good stage list.
Rules will primarily be the same for right now. Additionally, we will be in need of a streamer, or two even. These streamers would need to record footage for me to use, and the streamer can be... the.. forgot word darn it.. they can be the one who says what they people are doing xD So if you nknow anyone who will be willing to do this, that would be great!
The date will be January 17, 2015 (time to be later addressed). Mark your Calender. I will also go with Spirst's idea of a three day check in.
If you are a no show for that tourney, you will not be allowed to participate in any other one of our tourneys.
There will be an eshop prize of $20. This will be NA exclusive.
Thanks everyone for reading. Have fun!
PM over the period of December for streamers and any questions!
Also, you will be locked into one character, but there can be multiples of the same character! This makes counter picking simpler for beginners and takes less time.

Last edited:

Spirst

Alright, cool, let's see how this one works out. It's the Wii U, so it should be big. The $20 incentive will also be a big help, I'm sure. Will we be doing one character only still?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Okay guys! Here is the news! Next tournament will be in January! This will allow everyone to take a small break and get used to... the Wii U Version! This will also give time for a good stage list.
Rules will primarily be the same for right now. Additionally, we will be in need of a streamer, or two even. These streamers would need to record footage for me to use, and the streamer can be... the.. forgot word darn it.. they can be the one who says what they people are doing xD So if you nknow anyone who will be willing to do this, that would be great!
The date will be January 17, 2015 (time to be later addressed). Mark your Calender. I will also go with Spirst's idea of a three day check in.
If you are a no show for that tourney, you will not be allowed to participate in any other one of our tourneys.
Good, I should have a WiiU by then!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Alright, cool, let's see how this one works out. It's the Wii U, so it should be big. The $20 incentive will also be a big help, I'm sure. Will we be doing one character only still?
oh yes, I forgot to add that! You will be locked into one character, but there can be multiples of the same character! This makes counter picking simpler for beginners and takes less time.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
First Norris Smash U tournament hype!
hehe. We are still going to call it Speedy/Norris, but we will no longer be co-hosting them. We will just rotate every other month. Expect some sort of prize in my tourney though. Highlight reels from the streams will also be added to a youtube channel a friend and myself are going to make, TheNintenBits (No video uploaded until January though)

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
hehe. We are still going to call it Speedy/Norris, but we will no longer be co-hosting them. We will just rotate every other month. Expect some sort of prize in my tourney though. Highlight reels from the streams will also be added to a youtube channel a friend and myself are going to make, TheNintenBits (No video uploaded until January though)
So i guess you're not going to stream the January tourney?

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Rules will primarily be the same for right now. Additionally, we will be in need of a streamer, or two even. These streamers would need to record footage for me to use, and the streamer can be... the.. forgot word darn it.. they can be the one who says what they people are doing xD So if you know anyone who will be willing to do this, that would be great!
Also, you will be locked into one character, but there can be multiples of the same character! This makes counter picking simpler for beginners and takes less time.
Y u do dis D:, I can't handle multiple Sonic ;-;

Last edited:
Top Bottom