• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speedy-Norris Monthly Tournament #2! (Date Changed to November 15th!

When should this tournament take place...?

• Total voters

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Anyone watching the Royals/Giants game?
Yes. Madbum flashing the leather all night.
I'm not that invested in it as the teams I like are out... so of course I'm rooting for KC. Iunno... this whole post season had so much star power and it ended up coming down to the teams with the least interesting players.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Yes. Madbum flashing the leather all night.
I'm not that invested in it as the teams I like are out... so of course I'm rooting for KC. Iunno... this whole post season had so much star power and it ended up coming down to the teams with the least interesting players.
I want the Royals to win because the giants beat my beloved cardinals. Plus, who doesn't love an underdog story?
Sadly, Giants win game 1, 7-1
I honestly actually like some of the royals players too. They have some good fielders and short stop.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I want the Royals to win because the giants beat my beloved cardinals. Plus, who doesn't love an underdog story?
Sadly, Giants win game 1, 7-1
Oof. Sorry. Rough season for you guys with Molina. My boss is a huge Cardinals fan, so I hear about your pain often.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
yeah. I was honestly surprised that they even got to the play offs. But they DID have an amazing comeback one game.
What team do you prefer?
I'm a Mariners fan through and through... it's been a tough... decade. Lol. We could've been really dangerous if we got into the playoffs with our rotation and bullpen, but the A's couldn't fully collapse for us.

Other than that, I'm just huge fan of the game in general.

I guess I'm also an LA fan, mostly because of their players (Kershaw/Kemp, Trout (just ridiculous) and I've loved Pujols since he was on your Redbirds). Also the Marlins because of Stanton and Fernandez (I was so sad when he went down with the injury).

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I'm a Mariners fan through and through... it's been a tough... decade. Lol. We could've been really dangerous if we got into the playoffs with our rotation and bullpen, but the A's couldn't fully collapse for us.

Other than that, I'm just huge fan of the game in general.

I guess I'm also an LA fan, mostly because of their players (Kershaw/Kemp, Trout (just ridiculous) and I've loved Pujols since he was on your Redbirds). Also the Marlins because of Stanton and Fernandez (I was so sad when he went down with the injury).
That's cool! I bet in a few years, maybe even next year, the Mariners will hit it big. :)

Spirst

I'm personally going for the New Jersey Rangers. The touchdown they got last inning during the World Cup was so spectacular.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed mind giving an update for everyone on how the tournament is going? Maybe a quick run through of what we need and what we have?
For example, we still need a streamer or two.
Yes. I would advise everyone, if they could, to be on the look out for someone who can stream for us. If you find or know someone, please inform me or Norris. Ty!~

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Yes. I would advise everyone, if they could, to be on the look out for someone who can stream for us. If you find or know someone, please inform me or Norris. Ty!~
Anything else? For instance, how the character selection went, if there are still spots available, and stuff like that?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Anything else? For instance, how the character selection went, if there are still spots available, and stuff like that?
Character selection went smoothly, albeit slowly in comparison to last time. We already have everyone's friendcodes ready to go for the tournament.
There is only one slot left open as of now.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Let's try to keep this thread at the front of the page guys!
Anyway, I hope the tourney thing for online will have double and single elimination styles instead of a points system. That would be great!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Let's try to keep this thread at the front of the page guys!
Anyway, I hope the tourney thing for online will have double and single elimination styles instead of a points system. That would be great!
Indeed. I'm really looking forward to applying this new feature to our tournaments. It will make things a lot easier and manageable.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Well... at least when Sma5h is released, we can just upload the videos online.
we cannot give up. One of the main things about tournaments is live viewers. Plus, I can garuntee not everyone would be able to upload their videos, and it would be a mess trying to gather them all. Therefore, we need a streamer.
Maybe pay someone to stream?
We could... but I do not have the funds for that. I can barely give out a prize for the tournaments I host, let alone pay a streamer however much. :/

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
Maybe pay someone to stream?
Being able to stream the tournament is essentially making the streamer money or at least helping them get to the point they could make money if they're not a partner, even if the streamer isn't paid by Captain Norris or Speed directly. A tournament will bring a streamer at least some new viewership they wouldn't normally have from here and putting the tournament in their title would likely attract some people from Twitch that didn't know about it but like watching Smash tournaments. I think the issue is largely that there's not many people with 3DS modded for streaming, and most that do are likely already established streamers who have their own plans so may be harder to interest in streaming the tournament. There's also the potential issue that someone may be capable of streaming but not want to be a commentator, and without commentary they'd be less likely be gain much, if any, benefit from the extra exposure.

Once the Wii U version is out it'd likely be easier to find a streamer since regular capture cards are much cheaper and versatile than the modded 3DS.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Being able to stream the tournament is essentially making the streamer money or at least helping them get to the point they could make money if they're not a partner, even if the streamer isn't paid by Captain Norris or Speed directly. A tournament will bring a streamer at least some new viewership they wouldn't normally have from here and putting the tournament in their title would likely attract some people from Twitch that didn't know about it but like watching Smash tournaments. I think the issue is largely that there's not many people with 3DS modded for streaming, and most that do are likely already established streamers who have their own plans so may be harder to interest in streaming the tournament. There's also the potential issue that someone may be capable of streaming but not want to be a commentator, and without commentary they'd be less likely be gain much, if any, benefit from the extra exposure.

Once the Wii U version is out it'd likely be easier to find a streamer since regular capture cards are much cheaper and versatile than the modded 3DS.
which is why I am heavily thinking of changing December's tourney to a Wii U Tourney.

Top Bottom