• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speedy-Norris Monthly Tournament #2! (Date Changed to November 15th!

When should this tournament take place...?

• Total voters

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Oh, one thing.
When you say "Starter" stages and "Counter-pick" stages, what does that mean?
Would both the people need to agree on it if it's a counter-pick?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh, one thing.
When you say "Starter" stages and "Counter-pick" stages, what does that mean?
Would both the people need to agree on it if it's a counter-pick?
Starter Stages- The stages you use in the first round. They may also be used in later rounds.
Counter-Pick Stages- Stages that are meant to counter a character you're having trouble with. They may only be used in rounds after the 1st one.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
After a few days, results have come in. With a staggering 22 votes against 9 votes, the people do NOT want Smash Balls in the tournament. Thanks!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thank you Norris.
It also seems clear that the date of the tournament will be on November 8th.
Wow...you guys sure are eager, aren't ya? <3

Spirst

Thank you Norris.
It also seems clear that the date of the tournament will be on November 8th.
Wow...you guys sure are eager, aren't ya? <3
Yeah, I'm pretty eager to beat you in finals this time. ;)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
As eager as I'm sure people are... myself included... could we maybe wait a little bit for sign ups? I, for one, don't really feel comfortable making plans 3 weeks in advanced. (but if other people are... I guess I'm out of luck). I say this, because I check this thread and especially when I see Speed or Norris post, I feel like I have to look.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Can UK folk join? It'll be at 2am here, that's what you call eager!!

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Good luck you will take them down next month. Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to attend this one.
Well, that's too bad. I wanted to fight your main in this tournament.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Can UK folk join? It'll be at 2am here, that's what you call eager!!
Although I cannot speak for Speed, this one does not deal with money, so I guess UK are more able to join. You gotta take it up to the big man though for this tourney.
Good luck you will take them down next month. Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to attend this one.
Aw. :( Well, I hope to see you again at another tourney! We may have the wii u version in December, IDK.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Although I cannot speak for Speed, this one does not deal with money, so I guess UK are more able to join. You gotta take it up to the big man though for this tourney.

Aw. :( Well, I hope to see you again at another tourney! We may have the wii u version in December, IDK.
I hope so. I'll be making the switch from the 3DS to the Wii U, so this will probably be my last tournament for the 3DS version.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Is the time for the tournament US Eastern Time?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Depending on what time the tournament is, I might be able to do it. Plus my new Nintendo 3DS Smash themed might be here by then, so I can actually take full advantage of my Internet speed~

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Is it November 8th?

If not, I would want a space.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
It is likely that our tournaments will shift over to the Wii U version after this one.
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris , what do you think? Sound like a good plan?
I will personally be finishing this year with the 3ds version. New year, new system. We can do some tests on teh 3ds version, people will be more used to the controls, and more custom moves will be unlocked probably.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I will personally be finishing this year with the 3ds version. New year, new system. We can do some tests on teh 3ds version, people will be more used to the controls, and more custom moves will be unlocked probably.
Well there ya have it, folks.
But I assure you- I will have the January tournament star the Wii U version. ^.^ Like Norris said; New Year-New System

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Question for @ Captain Norris Captain Norris :

Captain Norris said:
I will say this: If you are not able to participate in this tournament, and you signed up for this one, then you will be reserved for the next one.
Does this still apply, or due to the demand of the tournament, is this statement no longer valid?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, will the people who were on the waiting list for the last one have to actually participate in the mad rush that was signing up for the last one? Cause' I think there was some sort of deal going on about it last time..

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So, will the people who were on the waiting list for the last one have to actually participate in the mad rush that was signing up for the last one? Cause' I think there was some sort of deal going on about it last time..
Due to the sheer amount of people who wanted to attend the previous tournament....we would be filled up without even posting sign ups. I think its best to just have it be first-come, first-serve once again.
However, Norris might want to recycle that list for his next tournament.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys, I know Smashboards is being a bit...well, wonky at the time. I will post the link to the new thread and sign-up as soon as things settle down enough to do so...
Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Maybe it's just me, but it's clearing up a little. Hopefully when the Challonge link is posted, the site doesn't crash again. I really don't want to miss my chance to be in this tournament!

Spirst

I can actually use it for more than a minute now without it crashing.

Top Bottom