• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speeding up

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
how do I get faster?

people keep telling me that I'm slow and I need to be faster, but I have no idea how to actually do that...
or really what they mean at all :S

should I just dash dance a lot more or what?

somebody please explain .~.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
needless to say if you don't already l-cancel everything, do that. Dash dance more for sure, throw in wavedashes, essentially just improve your movement in every manner. You need to be able to move around as smoothly as possible.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I never miss L-cancels... and I wavedash a lot...
ICG told me to wavedash less since I do it too much :\

still have no idea what they mean.

HOW I GET FASTER.

tubes

Smash Ace
do you waveland? on platforms? when landing from jumps? from short hops? do you pivot? do you pivot aerial moves? are your wavedashes as close to 90 degree's as possible? You want your wavedashes to cover as much ground as they can at all times.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I do all of those...
wavelanding not so much as pichu though... because it goes nowhere... I'll do it if i hit the end of a platform though...

Pichu's waveland is like 1/3 of a platform, doesn't help to much in most cases :\

&Low

Smash Rookie
perhaps they're talking about the specific times where you connect a hit, but are slow to follow-up? i know i had this problem for while. Video def helped.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Okay, based off of these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kuj0Bxw0vY&feature=related (Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_SuePA518&feature=related (Falco)

I would say that you stand still too much. You'll wavedash very frequently like you said, but after you often just stood still. Try dash dancing more frequently, it makes it harder for the opponent to predict you, makes spacing easier and like you're asking for, makes you move more quickly. I don't know if I'd call it reaction times, but it seemed like you would sometimes wait a while before attacking/punishing, you seem a bit too hesitant. Of course, I'm not a pro, but thats what I have to offer.

Pi

Smash Hero
just for a while play super aggro rush down always try to get that next hit in no hesitation, but do it smartly
do this for a while it should speed u up

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
What about as a puff player; what's the best way to get 'faster?'

Zodiac

Smash Master
most of the time being faster has everything to do with your reaction time, most players have the capability to go as fast as top players, they just dont hone their reaction time enough.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
The advice about playing super aggro sounds good

You need to give your opponent no space to breath in to play super aggro, and you need to react to everything your opponent does in order to lock them

So playing aggro will force you to hone your reaction speed in order to win

Zodiac

Smash Master
how does one hone their reaction time?
honestly it just takes practice, memorizing habits helps, because you recognize when your opponent is going to do a certain move earlier, thus react quicker. And the more you see these reads the better your reaction time gets.

D

Deleted member

You dont have to be moving as fast as ****ing possible

It doesnt matter that you can do the thing you want to do quickly. It does matter that you can use the thing well

Dashdancing as fast as possible virtually makes you stand still. Using dash dancing well means you're threatening their space, controlling your character and baiting

Wavedashing everywhere really fast is dumb unless youre using the wavedashes well

You can be driving the fastest car on teh racetrack but if you're driving it the wrong way, youre not gonna win

Varist

Smash Lord
or a better analogy would've been

if you're driving it into other cars, you're not gonna win.

unless you drive it into EVERY other car.

then you win.

Top Bottom