• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed-run Topic!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I said once that I might make a speed-run topic before;)
Okay, just speed-run any pokemon game on the hand-held systems that you want, and if it is a good time, just post it here, along with the game you played. The time is determined once you beat the elite four and champion and it shows your time(when you are being put into the hall of fame). No need to do anything else after you get the time and post it here.
If it could have been a good time, but you suddenly messed up and it cost you the game, just post what the time was, and where you were and what you were doing.

So far, I got to the safari zone in about 1 hour, 30 minutes(or 1:30), but I messed up another glitch that made me restart. A careless mistake.

Glitches are allowed!:)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
To SkylerOcon: Good Job! When did you do that?

Anyone else?:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Like three years ago. And before anybody gets confused and says 'zomg u did it in 11 minutes?!?!?! hax0r!!1' that's 11 hours. So it's probably not as impressive as it initially looks.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
how do you remember? Did you write it down or something?:)
I was speed-running today, but my file screwed up late in the game, and I have to restart!:mad:
I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try again.:)

Just so that it is clear, I am playing Blue version.:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
how do you remember? Did you write it down or something?:)
I was speed-running today, but my file screwed up late in the game, and I have to restart!:mad:
I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try again.:)

Just so that it is clear, I am playing Blue version.:)
Oh, it says the time that you first beat the Champion in Sapphire version. I'm not sure if it does that in Blue though.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it only tells you for a couple seconds right when you are entered into the hall of fame.:laugh:

Help me keep this topic alive!

Oh, and add me as a friend, if you want.:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think I beat Blue one time in like 15 hours or something. So I have the Blue record on this thread! (because nobody else posted!)

Yaya

Smash Champion
I finished Lance off in Crystal in 3 hours, 30 minutes, I did trade my Blastoise from Blue onto the game though so I did have a level 100.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Lol @ Ban3!:) Did you really raise 6 pokemon to level 100 for the Pokemon League?

To SkylerOcon: If I hadn't messed up one of the glitches I was using in Blue Version, I would have had no more than 4 hours!:) Maybe next time!;) I am going to wait a little while until I speed-run again. I need to do some other things.:)

Spire

III
BRoomer
hah i beat my blue in 121hrs cuz im a perfectionist and wants lvl 100 pokemon 4 the pokemon leauge XD
I'm sure you absolutely murdered the Elite 4. They weren't designed to take on level 100's.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
Lol @ Ban3!:) Did you really raise 6 pokemon to level 100 for the Pokemon League?

To SkylerOcon: If I hadn't messed up one of the glitches I was using in Blue Version, I would have had no more than 4 hours!:) Maybe next time!;) I am going to wait a little while until I speed-run again. I need to do some other things.:)
I'm sure you absolutely murdered the Elite 4. They weren't designed to take on level 100's.
actually i cut a corner:( i trained only 5 to a 100 and the other one was a lvl 96 jolteaon lol
and yeah lol they arnt meant to handle my uber pwnage blastiose and crew

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Only five level 100's!? I'm very disappointed!
Just kidding, but you must have had a lot of patience.:)
Still deciding whether to speed-run Blue or Emerald.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Red and Blue world record (legit)- 2 hours, 9 seconds by Ben 'Cygnus' Goldberg. (according to speeddemos. Twin Galaxies has the official record at 3:02:00 by Kevin M LaLonde)

Red and Blue world record (glitches)- 1 hour, 26 minutes Thomas 'Thomaz' Wennink.

Yellow world record (legit)- 2 hours, 28 minutes by David Kim

Gold and Silver world record (legit, includes Red battle)- 4 hours, 15 minutes by James 'Brown Bomber' Bunkley

This is all I could find as speeddemos didn't have anything related to Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, or Pearl.

If anybody on this thread wishes to attempt a speed run, it has to be recorded to be considered official by speeddemos or Twin Galaxies. Twin Galaxies has tougher restrictions than speeddemos (your party may not die, but usually people restart there games after this happens because it takes up way to much time).

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Good job Sonofthesky!:)

To SkylerOcon - are you serious about the whole "your party may not die"?!
You have to let your pokemon die to do a glitch in Blue Version!:) Wait, does Twin Galaxies allow glitches?

If you were wondering, the glitch that I mentioned in this post lets you walk through walls.:)
This is the glitch that made me restart Blue Version(because I messed it up):)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Twin Galaxy does not allow glitches. They are considered the 'official' place for all gaming related high scores, so if you're going for a record that might appear in the Guinness Book of World Records, then follow the Twin Galaxy rules when doing your speed run.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
So now we are talking about publicity:laugh:
Does the whole thing have to be recorded? Because it would be boring for them to watch all the resets. If you mess up, then reset the system, you will go back to the last save spot with no time added.This helps if you are going for a ton of critical hits for fast trainer fights, training, etc!:) But would you have to record all the resets?

The time to beat the game in game time may be 1:26, but it still takes a ton of resets.:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's suggested that you only do battles required by the game. And no resets are allowed for legit runs, and only resets required for glitches are allowed for glitch runs.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
So it has to be single segment with no resets? You can't save!?!
Oh, and if you could please explain your first sentence? (The one about "only required battles")
That could mean several different things.:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Battles that are required to beat the game (Gym battles, Elite Four, Champion). Like, if you can avoid the trainer then don't do the battle.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Oh, that makes more sense.:)
So does it have to be single segment? No saves?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I finished Diamond in 22 hours, and oddly I finished saphire and emerald in about 55 hours.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I got to the safari zone in 1 hour!

But I give up speed-running Blue Version now! I haven't been able to do one one of the glitches there once!

This topic is going to die.:(

Top Bottom