• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, I was hoping for a mac ditto on that one in the boxing ring. Was not expecting you to switch.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Alright man, I gotta go to bed. Your megaman is a pain in the ass for real. Maybe Saturday we'll play again

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah. I know he is. He and I have a love hate relationship sometimes and today I was hoping to bench him for annoying me yesterday. But you brought him out with your own good play and the Mega Man boards are trying to analyze the Yoshi matchup, so I thought I'd see how it felt.

Edit: If you don't mind, we'd probably appreciate hearing your side of that specific matchup when you get a chance.

Edit 2: I think it might be worth echoing, but the constructive criticism about recovering high too much with Yoshi is definitely a thing. If you can fall off stage and double jump to the ledge, you're pretty much guaranteed the ledge due to your super armor (I think. I haven't really touched Yoshi that much). Regardless, making your opponent respect all of your options is never a bad thing.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Let me finish this classic round really quick. Should be like 10 minutes or so.

Ryik

Smash Cadet
That Rest in the first match was completely worth it.

As well, I completely forgot taunt text.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Not really sure what is up with the connection. How is the lag on your end? My connection has been pretty meh as of late. The rest was best.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Okay this is my last game then I gotta bail for the night. Fun games.

Last edited:

Ryik

Smash Cadet
GGs.

As you can see I'm not the best player.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Don't sweat it man! You have the basic fundamentals down for your characters. You just need to work on mixing up your options because it became pretty easy to read your movements early on.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Yeah. I know he is. He and I have a love hate relationship sometimes and today I was hoping to bench him for annoying me yesterday. But you brought him out with your own good play and the Mega Man boards are trying to analyze the Yoshi matchup, so I thought I'd see how it felt.

Edit: If you don't mind, we'd probably appreciate hearing your side of that specific matchup when you get a chance.

Edit 2: I think it might be worth echoing, but the constructive criticism about recovering high too much with Yoshi is definitely a thing. If you can fall off stage and double jump to the ledge, you're pretty much guaranteed the ledge due to your super armor (I think. I haven't really touched Yoshi that much). Regardless, making your opponent respect all of your options is never a bad thing.
Alright, I'll just start off saying that mega man's ability to create a wall using his neutral a shuts down a lot of yoshi's approach options, save for egg tossing which becomes extremely predictable after a short time. Whenever I felt I was being too aggressive you would follow up with a f-air or gear toss to grab, due to the hitstun from the pellets the punish window is almost nonexistent save for perfect spacing from yoshi, which is unrealistic for the entirety of the match.

Worst case scenario, the yoshi player trades egg tosses for residual damage through pellets and gear tosses and bait an unsafe or laggy option from mega-man. In this case the best offense is a great defense from megaman and the yoshi player must be very patient and capitalize on every single mistake that megaman makes. That's all I have for now, unless Locke has more to add

Ryik

Smash Cadet
My c-stick cover keeps falling off >_>

Hence the suicides.

Except for the Ganonderps. Those are 100% stupidity.

Last edited:

Spirst

I'd love to fight somebody.

If @ Spirst Spirst sees this, I gotta play your Greninja some more.
Yeah, man. I just stepped outside right now but if you're here when I come back in about an hour, I'm up for it. If not, I should be free most of later.

EntropeVI

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0989-1742-6791
Does anyone want to play 2v2 with a friend of mine who is local?
If you don't have a partner we can recruit anyone.

Top Bottom