• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Yeah, I think so. I've started getting more used to him though I still do like :4bowserjr: a lot and have seen some pretty good stuff with him. Are you picking him up?
Nah i decided on Jr. He's soooo much fun xD
Sure. Im adding you now.
Omfg, another Shulk main, pls add me too

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Windmaster012 Windmaster012 good games. Sorry, I was trying some new stuff out and got cute. Consistent short hop lemoning is so hard... Your Shulk is really shaping up nicely. The smash boost is so deceptive in that it really adds to his KO ability. I need to do a little more homework on his moveset. :) Also, that FAir is really giving me trouble with the edge guarding and I'm not really sure why other than it has good range...

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Sure. Im adding you now.
GGs. Be less predictable with your counters, its where most of my kills came from trying to bait your counter in the air against my knee, then just charging up a smash for when you land since I knew you'd use the counter. Everything else was pretty well balanced. Try and use smash attacks a bit more sparingly just because Shulk's can be telegraphed a bit easier I find. GGs though

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
Thanks
GGs. Be less predictable with your counters, its where most of my kills came from trying to bait your counter in the air against my knee, then just charging up a smash for when you land since I knew you'd use the counter. Everything else was pretty well balanced. Try and use smash attacks a bit more sparingly just because Shulk's can be telegraphed a bit easier I find. GGs though

Thanks. Your grabs got me many times. You're really good.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Thanks

Thanks. Your grabs got me many times. You're really good.
Thanks. Grab game is huge, same with jab combos when playing as Falcon. I'm always scared of Shulk's UpB recovery since its a double hit so I was a little scared to jump off and gimp. You played much better than most do against me on Arena Ferox haha

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
@ SevenYearItch SevenYearItch Yo, can i play against you too? If possible. Im currently fighting a friend so in like 10 mins?
I should be around. Gotta go pick up pizza at some point soon since there's a WWE PPV on tonight haha I'll stick around as long as I can to run a set with you. Same rules as I posted above (first to 3, tourny legal stages, no items blah blah blah)

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I should be around. Gotta go pick up pizza at some point soon since there's a WWE PPV on tonight haha I'll stick around as long as I can to run a set with you. Same rules as I posted above (first to 3, tourny legal stages, no items blah blah blah)
Ok added

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
Anybody feel free to add me on here for a sparring partner - I main Marth and C. Falcon, so it'd be cool to play someone who mains projectile characters but I don't mind playing anybody :) FC is on the left under my name

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
GGs, I don't think I've ever SD'd one stock three straight games before. I want another crack at it later for sure
Hahaha, sure thing just tag me or pm me, ill be available all night i think. What do you think of my Shulk?

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Hahaha, sure thing just tag me or pm me, ill be available all night i think. What do you think of my Shulk?
Good Shulk. You make solid use of the Dair range, and you don't spam counter so you're not as baitable as others. If you get your spacing down on your edge guards, you'll be WAY better than you already are since there were many times I got on stage behind you and managed to recoup myself. Other than that, you probably still had the games won without the SDs, just a bit closer

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I am free for battle. I kinda want to have some battles with Custom Moves and Not Equipment. Anyone interested or just normal play?

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I have to go. Thanks for battling me. I really need to get better. Got any tips? @ Windmaster012 Windmaster012
Ggs. Np man, whenever you want to practice just pm or tag me, Ill gladly help with you your Shulk.

Well, try to use less visions because you become very predictable. Also use more grabs and bait opponents. I saw that you have the same problem I have, approaching with Nair, you will get shieldgrabbed if you dont space well with it.

Shulk is all about spacing and punishing, so take advantage of Shulk's reach with the Monado.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I don't have other programs running, so idk why the lag happened. Could be region related.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I don't have other programs running, so idk why the lag happened. Could be region related.
Mmmm... im not using any other programs either, and i have fast internet as well. Im in the US btw.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Mmmm... im not using any other programs either, and i have fast internet as well. Im on the US btw.
I am also in the US. Maybe you should try hosting plz. I do have fast internet, I think once every 3-4 hours though it has a hiccup, but it goes back to normal very quickly.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Hey! GGs! I got to go, it will get laggy. Family is using online 2 now lol. Thanks again!

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Well SevenYearItch guided me to post here so....here i am XD so ummm *clears throat*

Hello all im Dyz and well to keep things short im looking for some match up experience, these are the characters i use, if you would like to get some experience againts that specific match up let me know, otherwise i will just switch around characters
* FC: 1950-9945-5854

* Preferred Match Rules ( since if i feel the match was insanely awesome i wish to record them if its ok )
2 stock, Omega mode stages, no items

* Characters ( 1st = best skilled, last = lowest skilled )
Yoshi, Megaman, Little Mac, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Shulk, Villager

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Well SevenYearItch guided me to post here so....here i am XD so ummm *clears throat*

Hello all im Dyz and well to keep things short im looking for some match up experience, these are the characters i use, if you would like to get some experience againts that specific match up let me know, otherwise i will just switch around characters
* FC: 1950-9945-5854

* Preferred Match Rules ( since if i feel the match was insanely awesome i wish to record them if its ok )
2 stock, Omega mode stages, no items

* Characters ( 1st = best skilled, last = lowest skilled )
Yoshi, Megaman, Little Mac, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Shulk, Villager
You have time to play against a noob like me? I would like to practice my Mac and Shulk, as well as some others, but mainly those 2.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
You have time to play against a noob like me? I would like to practice my Mac and Shulk, as well as some others, but mainly those 2.
of course i would like some matches with you, i have now added you Kaze

EDIT2:
awww i noticed your online with another friend, guess i will wait then until you post again :3

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
of course i would like some matches with you, i have now added you Kaze

EDIT2:
awww i noticed your online with another friend, guess i will wait then until you post again :3
Ggs mate, you have a nice Yoshi and Mac xD

Top Bottom