• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

Netsurfer733

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm pretty new to the whole 3DS scene (my fiancee just bought me one because she got a job!), so I'd love to get some games on with her, which we can't seem to do unless we have friends :p

So how do we find/exchange friend codes? (Sorry for not reading the past 24 pages heh)

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
I need good players of top tier characters such as Rosaluma, ZSS, Yoshi, Mini McDonalds, Greninja and Sheikto bust my *** so I can learn how to bust yours.

A little about my smash history:
I played melee, when I started to find out about competitive, my friends all switched to brawl so I never got good.
Played a TON of brawl (not competitively), mained Falco/Lucas/Mario. Was decent
Found out about smashboards a week ago or so, ordered a 3ds and smash, I'm going to have a copy tomorrow (I've been playing For Glory on my friends DS, he let me borrow it ftw)
I play Mario, gonna work on Link&Greninja.

Other characters I'm looking to practice against:
Link
Ness
Diddy
DK
Capn
Mario

I live in NYC, and will usually be on during the day between 12-2pm and 8pm-4am.
#citythatneversleeps.

Friend code is 3196-5542-6971 (shoot me a message with yours and I'll be honored to play with you)

I look forward to playing with and learning as much as possible as I can from the wonderful folks of the SmashBoards community.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I need good players of top tier characters such as Rosaluma, ZSS, Yoshi, Mini McDonalds, Greninja and Sheikto bust my *** so I can learn how to bust yours.

I played melee, when I started to find out about competitive, my friends all switched to brawl so I never got good.
Found out about smashboards a week ago or so, ordered a 3ds and smash, I'm going to have a copy tomorrow (I've been playing For Glory on my friends DS, he let me borrow it ftw)

Link
Ness
Diddy
DK
Capn
Mario

I live in NYC, and will usually be on during the day between 12-2pm and 8pm-4am.
#citythatneversleeps.

Friend code is 3196-5542-6971 (shoot me a message with yours and I'll be honored to play with you)

I look forward to playing with and learning as much as possible as I can from the wonderful folks of the SmashBoards community.
@ Spirst Spirst can probably satisfy your Greninja needs. He doesn't sleep either and is on the East Coast.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427

Link
Ness
Diddy
DK
Capn
Mario

#citythatneversleeps.

I have a decent Mac and Mario. I mostly use Shulk, Megaman, and Wii fit trainer. I would gladly play against you.
My FC is on my profile but ill just type it anyways: 0473 8259 2427

Last edited:

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
I'm gonna get my copy of sm4sh tomorrow, so during the weekend and all of next week and the next 3-4 weeks after that, smash is all i'll be doing :D

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Woops, my connection dropped suddenly there, good games. Still need to find a way to avoid those annoying grabs @ Spirst Spirst >.<, and your megaman is as good as always @ Locke 06 Locke 06 .

Spirst

@ Windmaster012 Windmaster012 You still want to go or what? Logan, if you're there, we can do a rotation.

Ah, alright. Yeah, Greninja's grabs aren't amazing but they're quick and keep the rhythm going.

Last edited:

Spirst

Do you actually use Bowser Jr? I've been meaning to pick up him or Duck Hunt and don't really know what I'm doing.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Do you actually use Bowser Jr? I've been meaning to pick up him or Duck Hunt and don't really know what I'm doing.
Actually this is like the 3rd time I use him, but i really love his playstyle and moveset, plus he's really fun to play, im deciding if i should use him seriously or not.

Spirst

Actually this is like the 3rd time I use him, but i really love his playstyle and moveset, plus he's really fun to play, im deciding if i should use him seriously or not.
Ah, yeah, I agree. I love his design too and design of the characters plays a big part of my enjoyability with them.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Ah, yeah, I agree. I love his design too and design of the characters plays a big part of my enjoyability with them.
Same here, i like duck hunt but i just dont know yet, im just no feeling it with him for some reason, i just use him if im bored or trolling my best friend. Btw are you gonna buy the Wii U version? I would like to play with you and @ Locke 06 Locke 06 as well when it comes out.

Spirst

Same here, i like duck hunt but i just dont know yet, im just no feeling it with him for some reason, i just use him if im bored or trolling my best friend. Btw are you gonna buy the Wii U version? I would like to play with you and @ Locke 06 Locke 06 as well when it comes out.
Coming from a Shulk main, I'm going to say that was intentional. Duck Hunt is weird. I really do want to like him but there are some aspects I found off-putting after having played Greninja since the beginning.

You bet I'm getting it. That game looks amazing as hell. Mewtwo is a character I'm definitely going to pick up too right up there with Greninja.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Go to sleep you fools. And yes, I'm planning on buying it day 1... and I guess maybe the GC adapter :/. But I'm looking forward to playing the Wii U version with people as well. Can't wait to land the Mega Upper in HD. Also, stage builder. I am so looking forward to a limitless stage builder with online sharing.

Spirst

Go to sleep you fools. And yes, I'm planning on buying it day 1... and I guess maybe the GC adapter :/. But I'm looking forward to playing the Wii U version with people as well. Can't wait to land the Mega Upper in HD. Also, stage builder. I am so looking forward to a limitless stage builder with online sharing.
Says the one who actually claimed to be going to sleep like twenty minutes ago. The GC adapter may be an annoying add-on to spend money on but it's worth it. No other controller does the game justice.

I love how stage builder looks. There's so much stuff I'm going to be making.

Spirst

That's strange, got DC'd. I take that as a cue that I should stop playing. Those were fun, @ Windmaster012 Windmaster012 . Shulk vs Greninja is an interesting matchup for sure.

Spirst

Shulk vs Greninja is really fun, how do you think my Shulk is shaping up?
It's gotten a lot better in comparison to when I first played it. I don't see many Shulks taking advantage of the Monado Arts. I also learned about Shulk's combo potential from our games which is something I had initially thought he was lacking. The speed art can rival Greninja's mobility but I also noticed that the shield one, while reducing knockback, also makes follow-ups like an uthrow-uair easier for me since you get tossed closer. The n-air approaches with Shulk have more range and less lag than you would think. I notice you struggle with platforms though. I'm not sure if it's a player issue or if Shulk legitimately has issues with platforms. All in all though, I like the progress thus far. And my little froggy?

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
It's gotten a lot better in comparison to when I first played it. I don't see many Shulks taking advantage of the Monado Arts. I also learned about Shulk's combo potential from our games which is something I had initially thought he was lacking. The speed art can rival Greninja's mobility but I also noticed that the shield one, while reducing knockback, also makes follow-ups like an uthrow-uair easier for me since you get tossed closer. The n-air approaches with Shulk have more range and less lag than you would think. I notice you struggle with platforms though. I'm not sure if it's a player issue or if Shulk legitimately has issues with platforms. All in all though, I like the progress thus far. And my little froggy?
I think the platform struggle is from my part, haven't had enough practice with Shulk in a stage with platforms. Shulk has great combo potential, but it also depends on the character i'm facing and the monados they all have a downside so i have to learn how to deal with them. Your froggy is excellent and your playstyle is different in a good way, almost no greninja ive faced so far takes advantage of his grab like you do. I really dont play Greninja so i cant give you a advice but I think your Greninja is only gonna get better when u get a GC controller.

Spirst

I think the platform struggle is from my part, haven't had enough practice with Shulk in a stage with platforms. Shulk has great combo potential, but it also depends on the character i'm facing and the monados they all have a downside so i have to learn how to deal with them. Your froggy is excellent and your playstyle is different in a good way, almost no greninja ive faced so far takes advantage of his grab like you do. I really dont play Greninja so i cant give you a advice but I think your Greninja is only gonna get better when u get a GC controller.
Yeah, I noticed the downsides of the arts. I'm not sure which one it was but one made you ridiculously light to the point where I was able to get an uthrow KO at a relatively high % but not one that would have regularly killed you.

Thanks. Greninja's grab is basically a semi-tether and is useful for more than just the uthrow-uair. I'm not sure why I don't see other Greninja's utilize it as much. A dash grab or a pivot grab works wonders in pressure and disorientation and can lead to some other setups. Greninja is really adaptable. I notice some of the other Greninjas tend to try and play rushdown or follow a cookie-cutter pattern instead of being reactionary, where he shines.

LEEWAKA23

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for some new people to play online my friend code is 2680-9258-0864. Shoot me a message I would love to play!!

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Did I see people here that could help me improve my matcup ? I should've come earlier :troll:
Could any one here help me improve my R.O.B matchup ? I didn't meet enough of them in For Glory:ohwell:
I'm looking for some new people to play online my friend code is 2680-9258-0864. Shoot me a message I would love to play!!
Well, I'm okay to play against you.

Last edited:

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Anyone out think they can handle this;)

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Gettn bored and hungry past couple matches one more and I'm out

PeachPlumPear

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I noticed the downsides of the arts. I'm not sure which one it was but one made you ridiculously light to the point where I was able to get an uthrow KO at a relatively high % but not one that would have regularly killed you.
Probably Smash, the red (?) and last one. It increases Shulk's knockback significantly but also makes him one of, if not the lightest character(s) in the game.

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Just a matter of findingwhat toto eat xD

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Marth matches are my favorite! Lemme fuel up cus I'm startin to feel sick lol then I'll be bak

Last edited:
Top Bottom