• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Sounds good. I have no idea how to play the Yoshi match up. Some games i did pretty good, others were so awful.
The main thing I noticed was that you would put up your shield whenever I started approaching aggressively. The second game you fixed this by doing more short hop approaches as well as being more aggressive. When I was pressuring your shield with egg thorws that your cue to roll out of there and reset the position to neutral so I couldn't grab you out of shield.

Overall you had a good sense of which art to use and when to counter, that's always worth its weight in gold

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lol Good games, I really dont face that many other lucarios that much.

Marco Antonio Cobos

Smash Rookie
Is anyone down for some 2v2s? I have a friend over at my place. I used to play 2v2s ranked on allisbrawl so i'd say same rules.
FC: 0989-1742-6791

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Partner. Do you want me to be any character you may need practice against?

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Sparring sounds nice. I'd like to find out what are Jigglypuff's matchups in this game. Jigglypuffs slowness is just no match for little mac though

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
... My spar partner had to go I am assuming. Offline on both. Anyone looking for some toughening? Any Character match-up practice? Customs? Etc. etc.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Does anyone want to 2v2? I Have my partner? I'm ZSS, Samus, Ike and JIggly main. He's kind of a casual.
May I? I don't have a partner though. If you want or feel super tough, 2 v.1. As I am not casual, but just am prone to losing. I don't have a main.reason

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Looking to improve my Sheik or get familiar with uncommon Mega Man matchups. Any takers?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Okay, I'll add you after this For Glory match.

edit: / now. You want the Sheik or the Mega Man?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
If I turn my jump tap back on, I have a fairly good mega man.
^^; Sorry if that was a little unclear. I play Mega Man and was looking for some less commonly played characters. I'd love to see your Mega Man sometime though. It's always great to see how other people play the character I play most.

Marco Antonio Cobos

Smash Rookie
May I? I don't have a partner though. If you want or feel super tough, 2 v.1. As I am not casual, but just am prone to losing. I don't have a main.reason
Doth anyone offer to be tribute for this fine fellow?

want to 1v1v1 for now? Or I can play solo for now add me i Posted my fc earlier.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
^^; Sorry if that was a little unclear. I play Mega Man and was looking for some less commonly played characters. I'd love to see your Mega Man sometime though. It's always great to see how other people play the character I play most.
Not a problem!

So who now there is 3 of us and one open 2 v 2 match. . . What do?

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Add me for now. 0989-1742-6791

Also does anyone know how to change your screen name? Haha I swore it was asking for my 'official name' not a screen name.
You may need Mods help. I double checked the settings, and I did not find options that lead to screen name settings.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 GGs mate, excellent Megaman you have there, never thought of using him that way. I got pwned but i learned a lot xD. I would like to fight you again but I'm out for now, have a slight headache and im hungry.

What do you think of my Shulk and Mac, what do you think i need to improve?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'll give it a go
:) Lots of fun games. Shulk poses some interesting threats to Mega man that I'm not used to (mostly his sword canceling out lemons) and you're probably the first decent Shulk I've played. Also, I tried to change my playstyle to fight mac and get him off stage. You space with his ftilt really well to avoid grabs and I feel like you play against the "grab mac and throw him off stage" style as mac a lot. Once I got back to my own game of lemons, I felt a lot more comfortable even though the "safe space" between your range and the edge of my lemons is significantly shorter.

You know Mega Man pretty well, so it was fun to see how someone who knows the character plays against him. You threw out a little too many high-risk moves with Shulk and when you're at KO% for the mega upper, it can really hurt you (I'm looking at you, counter). Also, dealing with shield grabbing as Shulk seems like a little bit of an issue for you. You combo well with him and can really rack up % quickly... but I could tell when you really wanted the KO and you were fishing for it a little too much. My big advice for your Shulk (and your Mega Man) is to keep within yourself and the KO will come.

I hope you enjoyed my down throw mind games as much as I did. (Also, the crash bomb --> stage spike --> hard knuckle was the coolest thing I have ever done)

As for Mac... Like I said, you space with him well and deal with grabs much better than I'm used to. Something that I don't see in a lot of macs that could help is that your dash/pivot is just as fast as a roll and somewhat more effective. Instead of rolling, just run through people. Likewise, instead of rolling away from an attack, run right out of the range of it and then back in range for your attacks. You space well with the ftilt, so doing that should come relatively easy for you.

Really enjoyed the matches. Go get some well deserved food. :D

Top Bottom