• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spamming A at edge of stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooitstheo

Smash Rookie
Edgegaurding technique maybe?
As i was playing a friendly against my lil' bro and his friend, his friend who played kirby would spam a at the edge whenever i'm recovering. it seemed really difficult to escape if you aren't a char that can jump more than once at that position. if you aren't you have only three options: 1. attack and get busted off the stage again because the spam cancels out with their attack
2. jump! only to fail and get hit by the enslaught combo hence back to right where you were
3. drop down and jump and attack preferably nair, only to find that it cancels ONLY with kirbys attack forcing you to franticly recover risking death.

annoying much? yes. effective? i think so!
apply it! see the results please

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
...or you could just use your ledge attack.
1. attack and get busted off the stage again because the spam cancels out with their attack
The jab will usually hit them, they're not invincible the whole time they're doing the ledge attack.

Vulcan Jab to edgeguard is pretty good, but not unbeatable. The easiest way around it is to press away from the stage to let go of the edge, and jump over. But like he said, this is hard for some characters.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
The jab will usually hit them, they're not invincible the whole time they're doing the ledge attack.

Vulcan Jab to edgeguard is pretty good, but not unbeatable. The easiest way around it is to press away from the stage to let go of the edge, and jump over. But like he said, this is hard for some characters.
Or you could just use the R-Button to do a Roll and get up behind him. I think it only works on CF. And it doesn't even work on him. It's mostly mind games.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is never a good idea. They'll get around it. Compared to your other options, this just in't viable in a regular matchup.

Besides. Most characters can release from ledge, double jump, and most nairs can either trade, or outprioritize our jab.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
i dont think this is the best thing to do since kirby has a lot more options than most chars and just vulcan jabbing is pretty easy to get past

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
This works against pretty much all CPUs (even level 9) cos their dumb enough to jump straight into it but human players can easily figure out a solution with any char. Typically if you get hit by the A then you can do your up-B against and recover over Kirby. This works with most chars. I don't think this will be that useful

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Seriously. This is not a good idea if you plan on winning a tournament with Kirby.
Feel free to do it against those fierce level 9's, though.

Few humans would ever get caught by this.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Seriously. This is not a good idea if you plan on winning a tournament with Kirby.
Feel free to do it against those fierce level 9's, though.

Few humans would ever get caught by this.
My point exactly. And I don't know what others are trying to say when they are implying level 9 CPUs are pro. It obviously means they're n00bs. Any good or average player can defeat level 9ers so easily. I can with many characters.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
you cant just joke about those lvl 9's,
they'll bring the pain:chuckle:
See. They weren't being sarcastic. They think Level 9ers are pro. No way. They will not bring the pain if you're a good player. You don't even have to read their moves that often to win against them. You do if you're playing a human. Try playing a human player then and see the difference

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You're too pro at recognizing sarcasm.
:chuckle: should've tipped you off.

Any kind mod want to lock this thread? We already explained everything, it's just not plausible.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
You're too pro at recognizing sarcasm.
:chuckle: should've tipped you off.

Any kind mod want to lock this thread? We already explained everything, it's just not plausible.
That's what I was thinking. Why wasn't this thread locked after the third post anyway? It's a useless thread in which will not be beneficial in discussion towards the improvement of Kirby's metagame. That A at the edge will fool no-one unless they've been mindgam'd into it

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
See. They weren't being sarcastic. They think Level 9ers are pro. No way. They will not bring the pain if you're a good player. You don't even have to read their moves that often to win against them. You do if you're playing a human. Try playing a human player then and see the difference
Either you're making a really bad joke or you're a bloody idiot.

EDIT-How the hell do you mind game with jab on the edge.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just jabbing at the end of the stage won't do anything. It'll just deal mediocre damage and waste time better spent gimping him.
This is not a plausible idea, anyone that has ever played as Kirby would realize this.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Just jabbing at the end of the stage won't do anything. It'll just deal mediocre damage and waste time better spent gimping him.
This is not a plausible idea, anyone that has ever played as Kirby would realize this.
I think I'll slowly step away from this useless thread :embarrass. Anyway, do you main Ness? Hey do you have any tips for me about Ness?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Man, I'm lol'ing so hard...
I'm glad I stepped into this thread after all...

HD, thanks for making my day.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
You can roll or depending on your character ex. Marth you can Ledge Drop to a Fair and then grab the stage to recover. Thats ONE EXAMPLE OF THE MANY THINGS YOU CAN DO.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nobody cares about what Marth can do. We're talking about Kirby here, and how bad his jab is on the ledge.
It just. Won't. Work.
Get it through your head.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You never did reply back, I asked if you needed help with Ness...
Xiivi, if you read this, go ahead and close this thread. It served it's /purpose/.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
You never did reply back, I asked if you needed help with Ness...
Xiivi, if you read this, go ahead and close this thread. It served it's /purpose/.
I did reply. I said 'Yes I did' when you said something like 'You wanted help with Ness?' and this was in visitor messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom