• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Space Colony ARK

Geist

Smash Master
I was always thinking on the lines of the green forest fighting arena between shadow and sonic, but space colony ARK would be more intresting. that would be a huge stage though lol.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I was always thinking on the lines of the green forest fighting arena between shadow and sonic, but space colony ARK would be more intresting. that would be a huge stage though lol.
Came up with the same idea ages ago, yet some people do realize the fact it makes sense. ARK would be a big stage indeed.

finalark

SNORLAX
Big? Try huge. There are endless (okay, not endless but a lot) of possibilities you could do with the ARK. Like everyone's jumping abilities doubled and gravity halved on Cosmic Wall, or the Air Vents on Eternal Engine.

Drone 147

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think that Space Colony ARK is some-what reminiscent of the Death Egg from Sonic and Knuckles.

I may be wrong, as it has been a long time, but I remember the Death Egg having a giant weapon similar to the EC and being shaped similarly to the ARK as well.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well that is kinda true but the ARK is much more modern and more beneficial, due to some people could say the Death Egg was a rip off of the Death Star in Star Wars. The ARK isn't a rip off of either but more an evolutionary step

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
well that is kinda true but the ARK is much more modern and more beneficial, due to some people could say the Death Egg was a rip off of the Death Star in Star Wars. The ARK isn't a rip off of either but more an evolutionary step
And just how is the Ark NOT a "rip" of the Death Star? They share almost the exact purpose, shape (before ark revealed itself), and have similar weapons.

By the way, Final Hazard would be a fun little stage hazard while playing on the ARK, if there is such a level. Have the ark already falling to earth and such as well to give it the feel of the final level of Sonic Adventure 2.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... no not really, i prefer the travel from outside, to the control room to the cannon's core with the bio lizard as a stage hazard.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
... no not really, i prefer the travel from outside, to the control room to the cannon's core with the bio lizard as a stage hazard.
No, not really. I prefer the space of the outside of the ark, on the side, with the Final Hazard as a stage hazard.

See how irritating that sounds? At least give me your reasons next time.

finalark

SNORLAX
The Final Hazard could shoot those lasers at you... and spheres... and... I think that's all he ever did.

Other then try and

WARNING! SONIC ADVENTURE 2 SPOILERS!

pull the ARK into the earth.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Jajaja, Sonic adventure 2 was actually a GOOD game...(in fact the only sonic game I have played so far) mmm, maybe could be a kind of "rainbow cruise" stage, starting with a grinding platform, then advancing slowly trough the gravitational altered gadgets, then entering inside to the contrl room, and finnally boarding again the grinding platform...

I remember that it was my fav multiplayer stage...

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but anti grav stages have been done already, its just not worth doing another one, people will get tired of anti grav stages, like people get tired of lava stages from metroid

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
but anti grav stages have been done already, its just not worth doing another one, people will get tired of anti grav stages, like people get tired of lava stages from metroid
We've got that anti-gravity bit in Pokemon stadium. I don't think it's been done to death.

ARK would be cool, I think especially if they encorporated all the elements into the stage. Perhaps something with a moving background like Lylat Cruise, but having the things in the background effect the stage? In Cosmic Wall, a lot of that happened.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
why not do all the parts from the SA2B levels for the ARK?
There's a lot of material there, which makes this idea so exciting. Let's make a quick list:

Exploding walkways
Walkways apparently unprotected in the vaccuum of space.
Destructible panels that cause a breach and suck out all the air into space, (Eternal engine)
Power outages, (Lost Colony)
GUN robots,
Monorail platforms (Cosmic Wall)
Artificial Chaos
Meteors (Meteor Herd)
Gravity shifts (Crazy Gadget, Cosmic Wall, Final Rush/Chase)
Acid pits (Crazy Gadget)
The drill. . .wall . . .thing (Cosmic Wall)
Debris Chute (Final Rush)
The FinalHazard

and last but not least. . .

ECLIPSE CANNON!!

Yeah, there's a lot of material there. I doubt Sakurai could cram all this into a single level. . .but that would be awesome if her pulled it off. Maybe something involving Chaos Control to teleport you from one place to another?

I can just imagine it. . .You're fighting on the Cosmic Wall, battling for control of the platform while the defense systems in the background take potshots at you then (FLASH), you're indoors, in Eternal Engine, being harassed by GUN robots and destroying panels before (Flash) the main room from Knuckles/Rouge's Cannon Core levels, with lots of platforms before (FLASH) you're looking down the barrel of the Eclipse Cannon and praying that Chaos Control kicks in before. . .

Top Bottom