• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
SONIIIIC!!!!

i cant wait ^^

and ummm, Fox still looks like hes gonna be top tier. his side B goes MAD far.
smash thursday for sure, post up if your gonna show.

we may even do a mini tourney and or low tiers.
where????????

Koorii

Smash Cadet
I agree with kitsune, Sonic is going to be mad sweet...i know i'm definitly play him...he is one of my alltime favorite characters...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i used to think sonic in brawl would be a cheesy fanboy-service inclusion and that nintendo would never stoop so low. i think i was wrong in that with that mario/sonic game and sega's retro arcade on wii, sonic is a good addition, and that vid on smashbros makes him look like a falco/fox combination. w/e it should be fun to play him.

my theory: nintendo recently decided to add sonic due in part to all of the blabbing of fanboys, and so they had to delay production of the game for testing and making sure he wasnt 2x as broken as fox

EDIT: imho

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
seriously, this is NOT the sonic thread!

so WHO IS COMING TOMORROW???

5pm when the hell ever. bring set ups, if we get enough people we may do cheap and or odd tourneys.

and for the record, just about anyone can come if they want. unless i dont like you. and i like lots of people. girls are nice also. pretty ones. and lesbians.....<_<
so yeah, bring set ups and lesbians......ive got the camera...

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Sonic looks broken.
I'll be there thursday. I'll try to bring a extra setup too.
Sonic looks like what would happen if Yoshi and Fox had a baby.

**** would happen.

I'm guessing everyone is going to do the same, but I'm going to toy with all of the characters, old and new, to find out who's been changed, etc.

Fox still looks promising.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
So, a funny happening that took place today:

I was sitting outside of my school, talking smash with some friends, talking about how Toasty's Ness is amazing, Tope steals babies lollypops, blah blah. A very attractive young woman walks up to me and asks if I am talking about Super Smash Brothers. Of course I was, and of course I didn't care too much that she knew what the game was. It is, indeed, pretty popular even among casual gamers. Then she told me she was excited that Sonic was going to be Brawl. I was a bit impressed, and talked to her for a whole the thirty seconds or so before she said "Well, I have to go, but next time you catch me, maybe you'll be lucky enough to money match my Fox." I was in love. She didn't stick around long enough for me to get her number. Story of my life. Not the point, however.

The point is, I am wondering how many women out there play Smash on a serious level, or, for that matter, any video games on a serious level. I know a lot of women who play casually every once in a while, and that's fine. How many out there play on said level? I've seen a few playing at fests and such, but is the number quite as vast as the number of men who play?

Smash specific?

Video games in general?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman

I was sitting outside of my school, talking smash with some friends, talking about how Toasty's Ness is amazing, Tope steals babies lollypops, blah blah. A very attractive young woman walks up to me and asks if I am talking about Super Smash Brothers. Of course I was, and of course I didn't care too much that she knew what the game was. It is, indeed, pretty popular even among casual gamers. Then she told me she was excited that Sonic was going to be Brawl. I was a bit impressed, and talked to her for a whole the thirty seconds or so before she said "Well, I have to go, but next time you catch me, maybe you'll be lucky enough to money match my Fox." I was in love. She didn't stick around long enough for me to get her number. Story of my life. Not the point, however.

The point is, I am wondering how many women out there play Smash on a serious level, or, for that matter, any video games on a serious level. I know a lot of women who play casually every once in a while, and that's fine. How many out there play on said level? I've seen a few playing at fests and such, but is the number quite as vast as the number of men who play?

Smash specific?

Video games in general?

lies, girls don't play video games.

Ether

Smash Ace
lol...

Actually, my controller is officially broken. The R button sometimes activates and causes me to shield/airdodge randomly.

But there was a solution.

I dug through my collection of destroyed controllers, and I found one that I used during my Florida travels.

It is perfect.

So this is what it feels like to use a controller that works.

It feels godly.

CStick

Smash Lord
it looks like advanced play will be there, but I cant help but notice that certain chars and the gameplay in general looks slower than it is in melee. Did anyone else see that? Like for example, Samus' smashes are slow, etc. stuff like that

Wiggles: yea, its pretty much all wii and GCN controller compatible. Theres like 3 ways you can rig it with the wiimote, and you can still use the GCN controller or the GCN shell

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
that's what i saw too. i thought it seemed slower. guess we won't know yet.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
Ok i haven't made a thread for it yet b/c it is not official...The parents are going out of town 11/2-11/4, the first weekend of November, so i'm thinking of having a fest...only problem is it falls on the same weekend of nekocon. So PM me if you can do it that weekend, or just post it up here...if enough people are up for it i will make it official.

P.S. i really want to see Richmond again.

and i need to know by next weekend, so i can ask off and get planning underway.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet

Smash specific?

Video games in general?
I know there is a female group of pro Halo and pro Counterstikes players which are all females. The CS are all in California. Not sure about where the Halo players live, or how good they are. Also i know there are atleast two female smashers of repute. Also, Goodluck with that money match, maybe you'll four stock your way into a second date.

Knorr

Smash Ace
HEY FOOLS, just to keep you posted your bretheren down under arent hosting the next MP jubilee until begining of next year, probably janurary when people are free or possible closer/ at the release of brawl to explore the new game together. I will keep in touch to let the journymen know.

<3 NC

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Of course I'm going to be here. Living with Cory and whatnot.

Hey Tope, you down to train my fox on some downtime?

Top Bottom