• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
Yes...yes...oh god yes... but crushing a space animal is so much sweeter.

*feels threatened* :ohwell:

Hey guys, great news, Azen PMed me back. He said he'll come down (and I'm assuming bring his crew with him) IF we can get more of Team Arlington to go. I should PM g-reg about this....What do you guys think? Of course, we'll have to up the entry fee...and I'm thinking about chipping in for people's gas for travelling long distances. I really want to play these top smashers...

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
*feels threatened* :ohwell:

Hey guys, great news, Azen PMed me back. He said he'll come down (and I'm assuming bring his crew with him) IF we can get more of Team Arlington to go. I should PM g-reg about this....What do you guys think? Of course, we'll have to up the entry fee...and I'm thinking about chipping in for people's gas for travelling long distances. I really want to play these top smashers...
Tell ya what if you can find a venue, have it on a saturday that falls on a bi-weekliy and, supply atleast 2 tv's and cubes... Then you can up the tourny cost to whatever you want, ill cancel my tourny for that day in place of this and, ill bring all the tv's cubes and smashers i can. other than that my house is just too small to host a tourny of that size.
im down for this but the only real thing is finding a cheap venue. just think, 250$ venue...30 smashers (thats almost 2X the amount of my biggest tournout thus far), 5$ venue fee....you'ed end up PAYING 100$ just to throw this tourny.
im not tryin to say dont do it. by all means lets get it cracking. hell ill even do what i can ot get the word out. i just cant do it at my place. to small man V_V

Also...Blackheart Lee is one of the greatest smashers ive ever played. his exstinsive knoledge of the game, and off the wall tactics have helped me come a looooong way in smash. since he first started playing hes mained DK, Zelda, C Falcon and for a short time i think bowser's in there someplace(this was before my time on the east coast).
I think hes deffinitly one of east coasts greates players. he just effs up all the time XD

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys really want Azen and TA to come to this? >.<

If you're serious and can up the price I'll see about bringing some of them or something.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Ether, what have you done!?!?!!?

Also, haven't you said that you have your own place? If you could find a way to get 5 or 6 tvs set up then you could host it yourself. I'd bring a TV and cube

oh yeah, and I think beating sheik is far more satisfying that beating a space animal. I really don't think space animals have that good of an advantage on Ganon. and ganon probably has and advantage over them at a few levels. But sheik....

Ether

Smash Ace
Ether, what have you done!?!?!!?

Also, haven't you said that you have your own place? If you could find a way to get 5 or 6 tvs set up then you could host it yourself. I'd bring a TV and cube
I do have my own place, but it is also too small. I'm thinking about having it at the ODU gameroom. It's basically twice the size of CStick's garage. I'll have to make sure, but I think you can rent the room out. One night, I was playing the ODU smashers, and someone came and kicked us out cuz of some party they were about to throw, so, I'll find out the details.

If I have to pay $100 to throw this, I will. o_O Or we'll just pay for it with like a $5 venue fee.

I'm not looking to throw this until december sometime.

So Tope, I'll probably PM you and/or g-reg and others when I get some more details. Can't wait.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Ok then, this is gonna be your sova project. you should start a thread about it, untill that weekend things are gonna keep going as usuall.
Set a date, figure out the cost and, your rule set.
you should name this thing also, something like: CLASH! Nova invades Sova!!! ^_^

Gai Daigohji

Smash Rookie
Hey O-NO. Thanks for informing me of this. Im really looking forward to it. My current second part-time job has me working on Saturdays from 9-3. So im gonna tell them I can no longer work Saturdays. I dont think i'll make it to this Saturday's. But if I can. I'll definitely post it here and let ya know.

Gai Daigohji

Smash Rookie
Sure thing. I think my cousin is interested. He's a lot younger...just turned 12 few days ago. Will this be appropriate for him to attend? Like...I've never been to one before, but with the ones you've hosted do people ever smoke or drink? Ya know, things he's not suppose to be around.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Hey..it's that guy that got beaten by O-NO! in the first round by his first encounter to shine pillaring...O_o @ going up and down, up and down...

Lol, if everything permits, me and Team Best From Now should be coming again...don't know what the deal with them though. *shrugs* Think it depends if Dragonz can get the day off...

I've been practicing though...the BreakDancing King Mario will have his venegance!

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Do you think you are going to have one dec. 9th??

if you know in advance that you aren't then that would be helpful because I could use that day to work. But I'd rather make 5 bucks winning teams like last week.

btw, did you have a fest this last saturday? if so, how did it go?

Gai Daigohji

Smash Rookie
Hey. I managed to get off Saturday morning so I'll definitely be there. As far as my cousin, he hears cursing all the time...mostly from me. lol. So that won't be a problem. When is the earliest we can arrive?...or should I just call when on the way? My first time, sorry for all the questions. But I would like to get there before signups so the MLG format could be explained to me properly.

Gai Daigohji

Smash Rookie
Hey O-NO. I liked how you put that "this my friends, is just the beginning." I too would like to help out anyway I can. So if there is anything I can do to help out, just ask. I know those sentences were repititious. >< Talk to ya later

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
i think cowzorz and i are gonna team at this, but if he cant show up, im gonna need a teammate......other than that, saturday looks like its gonna be fun.

hopefully like 20, 22 people show up to this....good ****z.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
i hope so to, im gonna try to text some smashers i know and see if thay will be showing. theres also small tournys around here ive been told about on weekends. im gonna try to stop there and let people know about them. its funny that some smashers still dont know about the boards!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i got word from a few people that thay may make it today. since im not them in just going to say thay might make it, but it seems like a nice turnout. going to the bank for change/ sotre for fewd.
BRING YO OWN SNACKS! fewd aint free and i aint rich! theres a farm fresh and other snack getting placeses not to far from my house. if need be we can have a fewd break.
see youall soon.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
Everyone that doesn't come should know they're missing the most intense tournaments there'll ever be. All kinds of insane things happen at O-NO's S^5 biweelies. White becomes Black, rain falls upside down, it snows in July, and Bowser wins tournaments! (Alright it's not that insane, but still)

Plus if you haven't come, chances are I haven't claimed your soul in the name of the Death Goddess, and this simply will not do. So make your way here like the good sacrifices you are! < (^_^)-b

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Everyone that doesn't come should know they're missing the most intense tournaments there'll ever be. All kinds of insane things happen at O-NO's S^5 biweelies. White becomes Black, rain falls upside down, it snows in July, and Bowser wins tournaments! (Alright it's not that insane, but still)

Plus if you haven't come, chances are I haven't claimed your soul in the name of the Death Goddess, and this simply will not do. So make your way here like the good sacrifices you are! < (^_^)-b
I will eventually come to one of these. Do you want to do a $5 mm 3/5? =)

Top Bottom