• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Jersey MONTHLIES! Smashtivism for the Red Sweater Project!

GOTM

Smash Champion
So I'm 100% now. Chibo let me know if you're definitely going and we could team, otherwise I'm still looking for a teammate.

GOTM

Smash Champion
how many people do you think we'll have at this? i can post this thread in a couple places and see if we can garner more hype. i'm fine with this being small through as it will prob run faster and we can get out earlier.

also, how about tv's/setups? i can bring a full setup on a small *** tv.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Good ****, glad people are coming on board. I was getting a little worried lol. Anyone help out smelly cat and others from central with a carpool?

Yes, so far Gotm is the only one saying he'll bring a set up. I've got 4 or 5 tvs and possibly 3 to 4 game systems (and only 2 or 3 copies of the game at that). SOOOOOO....

setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.setups.

setups.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hope this turns out really well, Neptune won't be here.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Sorry I couldn't stick around for singles guys. I was starving so Chibo and I just decided to go grab a couple beers and food at Landmark. Fun stuff though I had a good time playing people for the first time in a while.

Just a tip, next time if there's less than like 6 teams, try doing a round robin instead of a double elim. I didn't really care but it would give people more matches :)

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Results: www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14242576#post14242576

Nice, everybody! Shout outs to Chris and EmuKiller for helping me set up and to Dan_Zodiac and KidneyBeans for helping me breakdown! Good games to all, pretty sure I played almost everyone. Nice tourney matches from Red, CopyCat and EmuKiller... I'll get you last two next time.

Speaking of which, April isn't gonna work, but I'm looking to put something together for May. Probably in perfect time to train for Zenith! Let's make this a recurring thing.

P.S. Special thanks to my lovely fiance, who helped me so much to pull off my first (of many) tourneys

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Alright, ask and ye shall receive! I've now made Smashboro a monthly! Check the updated tourney window for more info.

Considering this month was my first time ever organizing a tournament (and it was on relatively short notice), I'm pretty confident the next ones will go even better, especially since central jersey and Philly have more time to get carpools and stuff together. lus, who doesn't need some pre-Zenith training?

Also, I wanted to take the time to thank you all for your contributions to St. Baldrick's Day on behalf of Me and my fiancee Brooke (she was handling the money and sign-ups last Saturday). Thanks in large part to you, our team, "The Odd Couple" RAISED OVER $1200 for research in the fight against pediatric cancer!!! Good ****, smash community.

Here's a picture of She and I, bald heads and all, as my thanks. LET'S KEEP THE SMASHTIVISM GOING!

GOTM

Smash Champion
I'm going to try and come to the next one, but do you have an exact date for it yet?

Edit: And.....nvm. I'm an idiot.

It's 3 days before my birthday but, I'll try!

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I haven't been too worried about this considering finals have been owning my life.

For how many people said they were interested in this, there doesn't seem to be much. Let me know, otherwise I'll just pass on organizing these. Post up!

namlolman

Smash Rookie
Are these still happening??? I'm not going to be in the area for this upcoming one, but if there are more I'd be down for this. Philly people were you at? Haha.

(also, if anyone just wants to play some Melee over the summer, PM me!)

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Hey everybody, I just wanted to apologize for the lack of clarity on the cancellation. Smash kind of took the back seat as my brother and his family made the surprise announcement that they were moving to Germany. So I basically had to help them pack their life in a matter of weeks and manage the house that they short-sold... yeah, it was as strange and annoying as it sounds. Anyways, hopefully more to come in the future.

Top Bottom