• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Jersey MONTHLIES! Smashtivism for the Red Sweater Project!

Ryu777

Smash Ace
After much deliberation and the realization that my class schedule next year is gonna be LIGHT, I've decided to make Smashboro a monthly event (or as close to it as possible). You're welcome, SJ. Next one is set for Saturday, May 13th!

ALL MELEE. Mentioning Brawl will get you booed.

Getting Here:

Coming from NJ 295, get onto Route 55 (you'll see signs for Rowan U). Take exit 50A and drive straight on that road (Route 322/Mullica Hill Road) until the first traffic light. Make a left at the light then go about a block and turn right into the campus when you see the big sign for Rowan. Drive a couple hundred feet until you get to the gravel lot and park there because that's where you won't get ticketed. Call me if you need help: 609-332-6017

Who:
Hosted by the Rowan Environmental Action League (REAL) - I'm the president, so we were able to reserve the space under them. Thank the environment!

Where:

Science Building Atrium @
Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028

About 2 hours from New York
Half an hour away from Philly

When:
- Saturday, May 13th
- Doors open @ 12 PM
- Tournament starts @ 2 PM

Money:
Venue Fee: We are getting the space for free, but I'd like to propose a $5 mandatory donation to the Red Sweater Project, a charity very near and dear to my heart. The project is committed to building schools for children in Africa and they are currently constructing their second project in Tanzania! The founders were good friends of my sister who passed away recently. I am a little biased, because the school is to be named in her honor. Learn more and check out their website here: http://www.redsweaterproject.org/

Singles: Either $5 or $10 (depends on attendance and interest)
Teams: $5 per person

Rules:
- 4 stocks, 8 minutes, no items
- Sets are best 2 out of 3
- Quarterfinals and up are 3 out of 5
- Ties will be decided on stocks and then by percentage
- For stage striking, players will alternate until only one neutral stage is left. Just be gentlemen about who goes first, but if you're gonna go crazy about it, lower controller port chooses
- Standard Dave's Stupid Rule w/ Gentleman
- If controller port gets contested, just flip a coin or play rocks paper scissors
- Using glitches, stalling, and modding your controller get you immediately DQ'd
- wobbling is banned
- For teams: team attack is on, life stealing is allowed

Starters/Neutrals 1v1:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
DK 64

Starters/Neutrals 2v2:
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpicks 2v2:
DK 64

Other Info:

If you get lost and stuff, call me at 609-332-6017
Campus has decent food in the student center a 2 minute walk away, fast food and pizza places a five minute drive or less away

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
over a hour away would love to make it but wow its far specially if getting good results lately is considered 14 people lol shout outs to smelly cat

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Totally, you gotta represent South Jersey, man. I've been meaning to get owned by you eventually anyway. Plus, if you 're in other people might show some more interest.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Yo, some people I talked to weren't feeling the tournament fees. You wanna do 5$ per single and $10 per team?

Also, if people you play with aren't on the boards but wanna come, let me know. Got make sure there is enough setups and stuff.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
WTF
im sitting here waiting on smelly cat and velocity to open their homes so i can pay for toll roads to get there while this is being planned 5 minutes from where i live. ive waited sooooo loonngggg for something to be in south jersey :((((((

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hahaa the callout. I'll bring Neptune if we can get a ride :D.

Oh yeah fix the title, it has a p lol

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
'sll be my first melee tourney.

Anything I should know? Back when I played Brawl I went to like 1 or 2 tournaments so I know BYOC and all that lol.

If anyone wants to, I'll probably playing a **** ton of friendlies, looking for pointers.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Alright, added directions. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN BRING SET UPS! I have at least 4 tvs and 4 gamecubes/wiis but help a brotha out.

Also: Get hype!

GOTM

Smash Champion
Holy **** I didn't even know about this. It's kind of last minute, but I'm not going home this weekend anymore so I might be able to come to this.

Velocity are you going?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'll go if Shoopman is willing to drive me.

Prolly won't enter since I main low-tiers.

GOTM

Smash Champion
So how good of a chance do you think there is of this starting on time?

I really want to go to this seeing as it's only an hour away, thought it was closer to 1.5 hours at least. Would anyone want to team? I can confirm tomorrow if I'm going or not so no one's left without a teammate.

Top Bottom