• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South FL SMASH FESTS

Delslayer

Smash Cadet
maby depending on if im driving and how far out of the way it is. how long this thing last anyway

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
Really? I live on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, about 30 minutes north of Vortex. I'll pay gas money if you can.

Edit - It lasts till 2.

Delslayer

Smash Cadet
wait is it a tourny or just a bunch of matches cause i dont know if i can stay till 2. also i kinda live 40+ minutes in the oposite dirrection.

Delslayer

Smash Cadet
alright so all i got to bring is a control and money. well im gonna be leaving soon.

and culinary im sorry man but i cant give you a ride home my dads driving and the cars all filled up

Delslayer

Smash Cadet
so do you guys have any pointer for what i can improve on aside from L canceling and waveshining which i couldnt really do with the control i had to use.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
He left way before you guys came.

Kevin needs to come more, he has a nice Link.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Where is this place in relation to the Wellington High School area? I might have to give it a visit during spring break.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Where is this place in relation to the Wellington High School area? I might have to give it a visit during spring break.
Wellington? hmmm since your west of where i am....id say....hour drive...at most. Hahah, i didnt even know people played smash in wellington.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I'm just about the only one in Wellington who does. There's a few other people that i know but they suck by comparison. Maybe some people that I don't know though. Someone's gotta represent Wellington :p

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
Anyone coming this week? I know LTEC is pretty early the next morning, but some people should still be able to make it, right? :)

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
Went by Vortex yesterday and the owner said Smash Night is cancelled. So yeah, Smash Night is cancelled. :urg:

Ray$

Smash Apprentice
Well 2 things would be helpful here.
1. Where the hell is ZP, someone hook this thread up with an address for myself and others. Depending on how far it is I might still be going and blitz i'll still hook you up with a ride.
2. Someone could verify the whole "Canceled" thing. How much is reg consoles and whats the deal? Are they just gonna kick out all the smashers.

Btw. Good job to whomever spilled the sunkist last week and caused us all to get shafted. If you just spoke up and said something it would have been cool and we could have stayed, but no.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
1. Subzero lies about as far as 1 street down from vortex

2. ZP is yet another place to go to

3. Peoples houses are always an option

So i dont know why anyone really cares if Vortex isnt doing it anymore.
Besides 2 people who worked at Vortex as well as The Will and some other guy, the majority of the people who played on the PCs were just annoying as hell.

Edit : Nexus opens soon ;)

Ray$

Smash Apprentice
I honestly dont care where it is, We just need to come up with 1 location for everyone rather than a split opinion. Im still up for driving wherever. If nothing goes down for this week I can take a few of us to my place for a while. I just need a second / Third TV. I can hold a good 5-6 before it gets too crowded. So anyone Local to me or anyone who wants to drive to delray we can probably set something up for Friday if no one can figure out where to go.

vortexgamecenter.com

Smash Rookie
Smash Night is NOT cancelled! You guys just need to not make such a big mess everytime you come in (sodas and trash all over the floor). Whats the big deal with taking your trash to the garbage can when your done with it or just letting one of us know if you happen to spill some soda so it can get mopped up before people track it all over the store? We do appreciate your business, but not the huge mess you make. so again SMASH NIGHT IS NOT CANCELLED just please keep your area clean.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Guess it was a misinterpetation on my side, my bad. So, normal people coming this week?

Top Bottom