• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**South FL NSU Tournament- 03/01/08**

Honors

Smash Journeyman
QDVS:

I'll see what can be done by speaking to the president since he is the one putting his money on the line, but it'll will depend on the attendence since it stands at 23 going and 16 maybe going, and it calculated that at least 30 people are needed to break even. Making this event possible with large prizes was no easy task, lots of paperwork needed to be done, making sure there were no legal issues, etc. Unfortunately making the prizes by percentage would classify it as gambling according to the school, even worse if prizes were money. If he is to agree with your request, the addition to prizes would be done at the event.
Although, I have no doubt that we'll get over that amount by estimating more people to come from different areas from broward and miami dade thanks to the flyers in Universities, high schools and lan centers.
I recently just got called by the University School that they allow flyers to place at their middle and high school, so there should be more people coming.

Let me know your terms, and I'll see if it is reasonable. If any of the prizes were to increase, it may be the 3rd and 2nd since 1st has a good chunk already. Remember that this is a fundraiser, so I'll try to be as flexible as possible, but you must also understand, be fair, and respect that we're trying to get some money from this event. Besides, I would like my revenge on you and rockrock after eliminating my bro and I in 03 at mav tournament, and you could bring back good old days back when SW FL was part of S. FL when you, rockcrock, and ssbmsheik came frequently. I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the consideration but I know 100% I can't come to this, I'm too busy anyway...I was just pointing out that attendance not upping the prizes at all is probably a deterent (sp?) for CFLians!!!

Though I didn't realize the circumstances, this being at a school and a fundraiser so that's understandable now!!!

Sorry you can't get revengsies!!!

>_<

:colorful:

Honors

Smash Journeyman
I will try to work things out with C. FL, but so far there hasn't been replies other than ColBol, Hiroshi, and Laijin aside from yours, and it is uncertain if they'll be coming .

Update!

These will be the people running the tournament (and if there are more I will notify the board):

Johnny (Host)
Kirsten (Co-Host)
Katherine (Food Distributer)
Ryan (Food Distributor)
Linett (Regiestration)
Juan (Registration)

Unfortunately, I'll be attending a Pre-Medical Conference that day, but I have confidence that they'll do a good job. I already told them what needs to be done, and what to do if there is something wrong. They do their best to give the best experience possible, and please respect them. I'll be giving them an overview again and the necessary paperwork needed the day before the touirnament. If I'm there, it'll be around 6:45-7pm when the event is about to finish. Hopefully when I get there I'll be hearing good comments.

Remember to bring the following

Have Consent form if under 18 and have no guardian over 18 with you

ID if over 18

10 dollars to enter area

All the pieces are set, and everything is in order, so there shouldn't be any problems. All that is needed are the final touches. Remember, if you can bring a gamecube + smash + memory card, and/or tv, that will be greatly appreciated. Hope you all have fun!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
I will try to work things out with C. FL, but so far there hasn't been replies other than ColBol, Hiroshi, and Laijin aside from yours, and it is uncertain if they'll be coming . I do understand that the set prize is a hindrance to them, but by having more reply expressing this concern stating that they'll come if the prize is higher like you did, I would have handled the problem much earlier. However, it is not too late if they speak up now.

Update!

These will be the people running the tournament (and if there are more I will notify the board):

Johnny (Host)
Kirsten (Co-Host)
Katherine (Food Distributer)
Ryan (Food Distributor)
Linett (Registration)
Juan (Registration)

Unfortunately, I'll be attending a Pre-Medical Conference that day, but I have confidence that they'll do a good job. I already told them what needs to be done, and what to do if there is something wrong. They do their best to give the best experience possible, and please respect them. I'll be giving them an overview again and the necessary paperwork needed the day before the tournament. If I'm there, it'll be around 6:45-7pm when the event is about to finish. Hopefully when I get there I'll be hearing good comments.

Remember to bring the following

ID if over 18

10 dollars to enter area

All the pieces are set, and everything is in order, so there shouldn't be any problems. All that is needed are the final touches. Remember, if you can bring a gamecube + smash + memory card, and/or tv, that will be greatly appreciated. Hope you all have fun!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
is it too late to sign up..???

cuz ill be there
nope, not too late to sign up, you could just show up. Be sure to have the following:

ID if over 18

10 dollars to enter area

To Everyone:

If you get lost, need directions, or coming late, then call at:

954 328-9194

If the person is not present when called, then the match will be postponed and the other matches will continue. If all the matches in the first row were completed and the person hasn’t shown, then the person not present will go to the corresponding letter on the loser’s bracket and the person present will advance in the winner’s bracket.

The “bye” can be used if people come in late and the round hasn’t be reached yet by picking the remaining number. Otherwise, anyone late will go to the loser’s bracket by picking the remaining numbers in the bag if the round in the winners brackiet has passed.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
na man no vids. Linguini brought his recorder but was too lazy to set it up

Whoa!! Xif chill wit all dat nonsence. Bcc>any crew u can come up with

snowmann

Smash Cadet
o yea and everybody i (Nicky) got six place. Should have had third but i got attacked by a fish lol.

snowmann

Smash Cadet
has xifs crew ever even won a crew match???? lol o yea and mcscruff i think u tied for 8th

Top Bottom