• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Source Gaming] Is Sakurai a Liar?

No.

For the past year and a half, Source Gaming has been collecting all the information, interviews and Famitsu columns, that it could get its' hands on. The collection of information has corrected a lot of misinformation and misconceptions within the Smash fan base. Taking information that is from only credited sources, Source Gaming is truly living up to its' name. Previously, Source Gaming has published The Definitive Unused Fighter List, Sakurai Didn't Say That!, Timeline of Masahiro Sakurai's Life and various articles detailing Sakurai's statements on various topics.

A common statement within the Smash fanbase is, 'Sakurai is a liar!' or 'Sakurai is a troll!'. PushDustIn decided to ask the community for their proof for these statements, investigate the claims and publish his findings.

For the full rundown, check out Source Gaming. This is only a preview of the full article!

1 lie.
4 cases of 'fake outs'
1 debatable cases.
12 cases of quotes being taken out of context, mistranslated or just made up.
4 cases of fans projecting their expectations.
2 cases of made up quotes/ quotes lacking sources.

Cases of Lying:
Stating that Zero-Suit Samus wasn't in Smash for Wii U/3DS, and then moments later admitting he was lying.

Cases of 'Fake Outs':
"Ness was in Smash up until now”
This quote comes from the Brawl site - Not a mistranslation, but it's not intended to sound so “definitive” (Japanese link). It just means that Ness was in all the previous Smash games up to that point. It was not a direct confirmation that Ness was or wasn’t going to be in Brawl.

Cases of Quotes Being Taken of Context:
"No DLC for Smash for Wii U/3DS"
This quote was taken out of context. Sakurai said that he and his team were not working on DLC at the time of the interview (November 19th), which for all we know, is true.

We believe that Samus is the best character in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS"
This was in reference to the E3 invitational build (video link to the quote). This is probably his sincere opinion at the time, so it’s not a lie. On top of that, Sakurai states that he’s still balancing, so things would have changed since then.

Cases Lacking Sources:
”No more clones”
According to several threads on this topic, this is something that Sakurai has never said. In none of the Brawl interviews that Source Gaming has yet to translate, or has translated, were they able to find this. It is possible that eventually a source could turn up, but we will have to consider this misinformation since one has not been made available. According to Kinnian, it was made up by a user on Gamefaqs, and accepted as truth despite it lacking sources. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen this happen and is the reason why people should always, always ask for a source.

Some of the more infamous cases are highlighted here, but be sure to check out full rundown on Source Gaming.

This kind of research takes time. A lot of time. If you like this kind of investigative research, please consider donating to Source Gaming's patreon. Rewards include financing a particular translation or research topic, and more!

PushDustIn always sources his stuff. Do you? Follow him on Twitter for more goodness.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

First of all, you don't understand why I need proof... that someone did something? Second of all if you went back earlier in the credits sequence other people are credited with designing the characters special moves, however no one is credited with their regular moves. Not convincing.
As for the film director question, how about every single one ever?
The director's role is too broad in order to accurately place everything he did on the team, you won't have enough space on the credits to do so.
That's why sakurai has such broad sweeping descriptions, which mean you can't prove either way what he did.

But his intended job is to over see everything (getting things like game design, planning, direction, all super general and related to almost every aspect of the game creation), and given the fact that he is very hands on, I don't think its an unreasonable assumption to say he might have had a hand in quite a lot of things that are not explicitly stated.

As for the film thing, examples?
An anime example, but a lot of people took harsh issue with the director of the Unlimited blade works (2014) due to his show don't tell nature, and their guess was right on the money. (Disregarding the stand alone quality, I'm not judging that. I'm just saying that what you know about the director heavily influences how the final project comes out.)

The director's role is too broad in order to accurately place everything he did on the team, you won't have enough space on the credits to do so.
That's why sakurai has such broad sweeping descriptions, which mean you can't prove either way what he did.

But his intended job is to over see everything (getting things like game design, planning, direction, all super general and related to almost every aspect of the game creation), and given the fact that he is very hands on, I don't think its an unreasonable assumption to say he might have had a hand in quite a lot of things that are not explicitly stated.

As for the film thing, examples?
An anime example, but a lot of people took harsh issue with the director of the Unlimited blade works (2014) due to his show don't tell nature, and their guess was right on the money. (Disregarding the stand alone quality, I'm not judging that. I'm just saying that what you know about the director heavily influences how the final project comes out.)
I don't like making assumptions. So far the only credit in terms of Smash's competitive aspect is to HAL Labs. This means as of right now only HAL Labs can be credited as having something directly to do with the competitive side. Also for the film thing M. Night Shymalan and The Sixth Sense comes to mind. The cast and the producers practically made that film.

I don't like making assumptions. So far the only credit in terms of Smash's competitive aspect is to HAL Labs. This means as of right now only HAL Labs can be credited as having something directly to do with the competitive side. Also for the film thing M. Night Shymalan and The Sixth Sense comes to mind. The cast and the producers practically made that film.
The reverse is the bigger assumption.

Well the poll is official and it was made by sakurai so it's legit proof.
I already know he is owned by Square Enix why do people repeat this to me a lot of Times?
SMRPG was developed by square Enix but it's still a Nintendo franchise just like Diddy kong being created by rareware (I know they don't own him but still) but he is still a Nintendo franchise character that never leaved Nintendo console
That still doesn't mean that Geno really deserve to be in Smash, and there's already a Mii costume, so stop putting this up.

I think it's a pretty good article :p
Agreed.
If he wants me to believe him then he needs to send me a link to the translated articles from an accurate unbiased source.
And that accurate unbiased source is...: go learn Japanese by yourself bro...

You aren't listening to any arguments that GENUINELY debunk you're whining. I say it's been proven Sakurai does pretty much everything hands on, something Push can back up. 'Nuh uh, he only did the story in this article' is more than enough to prove you're not going to listen. Good night sir
All Push did is just translating those articles and find some mistranslations. And I'm not really sure what PragmaticEnigma PragmaticEnigma is whining about, Sakurai did a good job making Smash games, and of course other develops share this kind of respect. I don't think it really matters whether ATs really created by Sakurai or not. I won't bother that people argue about the game not being Melee, but this kind of aspect saying "Sakurai didn't do this, he did do that etc..." is just lame.
Within this article he has shown that a bunch of times things are mistranslated. So he's still going to have a damn hard time proving it to me.
So how can he prove it to you may I ask?

Can't believe you are still whining about this trifle thing rather than enjoying the game itself.
The translate button in chrome was a complete failure.
Pff....this is not a deep dark secret on the Internet bro... that's why we still need "people" to translate books, and articles like this...

Last edited:
That still doesn't mean that Geno really deserve to be in Smash, and there's already a Mii costume, so stop putting this up.
Oh here we go again...
I am not talking about "why the character is deserving" and I could start giving reasons why I think he is deserving, but no I didn't come here to disscuss about this.

Oh here we go again...
I am not talking about "why the character is deserving" and I could start giving reasons why I think he is deserving, but no I didn't come here to disscuss about this.
That's my line on PragmaticEnigma PragmaticEnigma 's...

I know you are upset about Geno not a playable character in Smash, perhaps Sakurai just think that Cloud is a more better choice. Nonetheless, the conclusion of "Smash4 is an awesome game" and "Sakurai did a great job on Smash4" doesn't change. Even with some trifle stuff we don't like in the game.

So just what are the part that you are upset about Smash4 then besides? I'm all ears, I do admit that everyone can give out their opinions no matter if it's unpopular or not.

That's my line on PragmaticEnigma PragmaticEnigma 's...

I know you are upset about Geno not a playable character in Smash, perhaps Sakurai just think that Cloud is a more better choice. Nonetheless, the conclusion of "Smash4 is an awesome game" and "Sakurai did a great job on Smash4" doesn't change. Even with some trifle stuff we don't like in the game.

So just what are the part that you are upset about Smash4 then besides? I'm all ears, I do admit that everyone can give out their opinions no matter if it's unpopular or not.
I am not really upset about Geno not being playable but rather happy because he is finally getting recognized by Nintendo and Square after those 19 years of waiting and he could easily appear in future games.

What are things that I am upset about in smash 4? Not having Alex Kidd mii costume and not having a Golden sun rep and Wolf not coming back and too much fire emblem characters and this game has no story like it did in brawl and Cloud being choosed as the Final fantasy rep instead of classic Nintendo history character like Black Mage (and it also means that Black Mage chances are dead even in future smash games because of Cloud already representing the whole Final Fantasy seires).

Last edited:
I am not really upset about Geno not being playable but rather happy because he is finally getting recognized by Nintendo and Square after those 19 years of waiting and he could easily appear in future games.
Ok.. then I'm not sure why you kept arguing about Geno (And many other trifles of Smash4) in your previous posts then...
Not having Alex Kidd mii costume and not having a Golden sun rep and Wolf not coming back
First off never expect having an Alex Kidd costume, he's nearly a buried dead character to SEGA, not to mention having cameo appearance on other games.

I'm never upset about Issac or any other Golden Sun rep not have a playable character in Smash, even though there were many hints before (No Issac as assist trophy). I really have to agreed with you that I'm very disappointed that no veterans (Especially Wolf) announced, but we'll see.
too much fire emblem characters
As in anti-anime Smash fans aspect, I will agreed with you, but as a FE fan's and anime lover's aspect, I can only give you a face palm... glad that you didn't say "too many sword characters"...

Okay,okay, you aren't the only one who thinks that there are too many FE characters. Me and my brothers are pretty much a FE fan, and so is Japanese gamers. So I bet Corrin is not only an advertise for the upcoming FE Fates, and also a feedback for the Japanese fans who bought the game. If you did not know, FE was nearly going to be the next Earthbound and F-Zero. But after Awakening, FE got a lot of popularity over the west. And if you have not seen the last article on Sourcegaming that Sakurai talks about FE having too many reps, he does admit it, but that's because he really loved the series. So yeah, Sakurai can be biased sometimes, but there's nothing we can do about it...
this game has no story like it did in brawl
The only pity for Smash4 I can say... I was a bit disappointed after hearing this, and ever after the game's release.
Cloud being choosed as the Final fantasy rep instead of classic Nintendo history character like Black Mage (and it also means that Black Mage chances are dead even in future smash games because of Cloud already representing the whole Final Fantasy seires).
Um... again, you can go try to make a poll, see fans if they want either Cloud or Black Mage. Maybe there were a number of people want Black Mage rather than Cloud, but that won't make me hype. Cloud's inclusion not only made the Internet explode but also made us excited for the possible FF7 remake on the upcoming NX.

The conclusion is even there are some things you are upset about Smash4, don't take your wishes for granted, in my opinion, Sakurai made more better and surprise choices than our choices.

Last edited:
Ok.. then I'm not sure why you kept arguing about Geno (And many other trifles of Smash4) in your previous posts then...

First off never expect having an Alex Kidd costume, he's nearly a buried dead character to SEGA, not to mention having cameo appearance on other games.

I'm never upset about Issac or any other Golden Sun rep not have a playable character in Smash, even though there were many hints before (No Issac as assist trophy). I really have to agreed with you that I'm very disappointed that no veterans (Especially Wolf) announced, but we'll see.

As in anti-anime Smash fans aspect, I will agreed with you, but as a FE fan's and anime lover's aspect, I can only give you a face palm... glad that you didn't say "too many sword characters"...

Okay,okay, you aren't the only one who thinks that there are too many FE characters. Me and my brothers are pretty much a FE fan, and so is Japanese gamers. So I bet Corrin is not only an advertise for the upcoming FE Fates, and also a feedback for the Japanese fans who bought the game. If you did not know, FE was nearly going to be the next Earthbound and F-Zero. But after Awakening, FE got a lot of popularity over the west. And if you have not seen the last article on Sourcegaming that Sakurai talks about FE having too many reps, he does admit it, but that's because he really loved the series. So yeah, Sakurai can be biased sometimes, but there's nothing we can do about it...

The only pity for Smash4 I can say... I was a bit disappointed after hearing this, and ever after the game's release.

Um... again, you can go try to make a poll, see fans if they want either Cloud or Black Mage. Maybe there were a number of people want Black Mage rather than Cloud, but that won't make me hype. Cloud's inclusion not only made the Internet explode but also made us excited for the possible FF7 remake on the upcoming NX.

The conclusion is even there are some things you are upset about Smash4, don't take your wishes for granted, in my opinion, Sakurai made more better and surprise choices than our choices.
It was just about Geno being counted as Mario rep.

You probably have no idea about Alex Kidd history...
Alex Kidd is one of the most important character in SEGA history and he was SEGA mascot before Sonic, he is a gaming console mascot (Sega master system) just like Sonic (Sega genesis) and Mr. Game & Watch (GAME & WATCH) also the Sega Master System is the longest-lived game console (30 years and continuing) due to its popularity in Brazil and it has sold Worldwide like 13 million (not including recent Brazil figures) Alex Kidd is not dead only his franchise is dead because of Sonic but Alex Kidd still continue to appear in every new SEGA crossover games and gets a lot of cameos so Alex Kidd is not dead to SEGA especially when he appeared in the Sega and Capcom crossover Archie comic when they choosed his franchise instead of a lot of other SEGA franchise like Virtual fighter or Super Monkey balls, the fact that Alex Kidd couldn't at least get a Mii costume in smash when a lot of other 3rd party franchise did really make very dissapointed, they even have Gil which he didn't get a game since 1994 so there is no excuse to not include Alex Kidd as a mii costume too.

Alex Kidd is one of the most important character in SEGA history and he was SEGA mascot before Sonic, he is a gaming console mascot (Sega master system) just like Sonic (Sega genesis) and Mr. Game & Watch (GAME & WATCH) also the Sega Master System is the longest-lived game console (30 years and continuing) due to its popularity in Brazil and it has sold Worldwide like 13 million (not including recent Brazil figures) Alex Kidd is not dead only his franchise is dead because of Sonic but Alex Kidd still continue to appear in every new SEGA crossover games and gets a lot of cameos so Alex Kidd is not dead to SEGA especially when he appeared in the Sega and Capcom crossover Archie comic when they choosed his franchise instead of a lot of other SEGA franchise like Virtual fighter or Super Monkey balls, the fact that Alex Kidd couldn't at least get a Mii costume in smash when a lot of other 3rd party franchise did really make very dissapointed, they even have Gil which he didn't get a game since 1994 so there is no excuse to not include Alex Kidd as a mii costume too.
Just because I, an ordinary gamer doesn't really know much about Alex Kidd's history means that he really isn't notable.
To a majority of people, he is the old SEGA mascot. There isn't much people regarding him as a console's mascot. I can still admit he is the representative of that console. (Like you can't call Mario the mascot of NES, kind of weird to say Sonic is the mascot of Genesis, since most people regard him as the current mascot of SEGA), if you want to brag about Mr.G&W, don't forget this is Smash Bros, still a Nintendo game. Of course they will put their old forgotten console rep in. And Mr.G&W is a Melee character, so it's kind of wrong suppose he wasn't in Smash4.
And sadly I don't really think that is somewhat a huge feat that can let him in. Master System maybe the longest-lived console doesn't mean it's the most popular gaming console, it sold less then GC if it doesn't count for Brazil... also Brazil isn't a country that is known for video game industry.
Ok, you can be disappointed, but don't whine. It's done, Alex Kidd will never be in, and probably never will.

Last edited:
Just because I, an ordinary gamer doesn't really know much about Alex Kidd's history means that he really isn't notable.
To a majority of people, he is the old SEGA mascot. There isn't much people regarding him as a console's mascot. I can still admit he is the representative of that console. (Like you can't call Mario the mascot of NES, kind of weird to say Sonic is the mascot of Genesis, since most people regard him as the current mascot of SEGA), if you want to brag about Mr.G&W, don't forget this is Smash Bros, still a Nintendo game. Of course they will put their old forgotten console rep in. And Mr.G&W is a Melee character, so it's kind of wrong suppose he wasn't in Smash4.
And sadly I don't really think that is somewhat a huge feat that can let him in. Master System maybe the longest-lived console doesn't mean it's the most popular gaming console, it sold less then GC if it doesn't count for Brazil... also Brazil isn't a country that is known for video game industry.
Ok, you can be disappointed, but don't whine. It's done, Alex Kidd will never be in, and probably never will.
Calling Sonic a gaming console mascot is not weird since he is both the mascot of SEGA and a video game console mascot at the same time.
Brazil doesn't really need to be known for video game industry it's still a huge country.
There is always a chance in the future smash games, I will never give up my hopes, 3rd party character that we are getting in smash are started to become more like "special in video game industry" than "special in Nintendo history".

Brazil doesn't really need to be known for video game industry it's still a huge country.
Not huge for "gaming industry" and yes, it has to. Master system isn't successful in NA and Japan.
There is always a chance in the future smash games, I will never give up my hopes, 3rd party character that we are getting in smash are started to become more like "special in video game industry" than "special in Nintendo history".
We aren't sure if the next Smash Bros will be like that. Don't lose your hope then.

Not huge for "gaming industry" and yes, it has to. Master system isn't successful in NA and Japan.

We aren't sure if the next Smash Bros will be like that. Don't lose your hope then.
Because NES was selling heavily in NA and Japan wich is why Sega master system couldn't do well but however in Brazil and Europe where the Sega Master system managed to become very succesful and they are huge countries so the console didn't fail and it's still alive to this day.
Just because it didn't sell well in NA and Japan doesn't mean we should forget about the other countries around the world where the system did become very successful.

Because NES was selling heavily in NA and Japan wich is why Sega master system couldn't do well but however in Brazil and Europe where the Sega Master system managed to become very succesful and they are huge countries so the console didn't fail and it's still alive to this day.
Just because it didn't sell well in NA and Japan doesn't mean we should forget about the other countries around the world where the system did become very successful.
There's no direct indication that console sells well in specific region means that console's best selling game's character will be in Smash. It's way too far fetch, since this has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Last edited:
There's no direct indication that console sells well in specific region means that console's best selling game's character will be in Smash. It's way too far fetch, since this has nothing to do with Nintendo.
I never said "will or won't be in smash" at least Sega master system games are in wii virtual consoles, but even if Alex Kidd has nothing to do with Nintendo, Cloud was able to join without needing doing anything special to Nintendo history so it's not really a problem for Alex Kidd since 3rd party choices started to look like they are being picked for "Gaming industry history" rather than "Nintendo history".

I never said "will or won't be in smash" at least Sega master system games are in wii virtual consoles, but even if Alex Kidd has nothing to do with Nintendo, Cloud was able to join without needing doing anything special to Nintendo history so it's not really a problem for Alex Kidd since 3rd party choices started to look like they are being picked for "Gaming industry history" rather than "Nintendo history".
Well, you are in luck, PushDustin recently translated another article on Sakurai and Nomura talking about Cloud. Maybe you'll know something new.
http://smashboards.com/threads/saku...-cloud-newcomer-illustration-and-more.429004/

Dude, Alex Kidd isn't important, stop pretending what you like is iconic. Alex Kidd hasn't had a game in DECADES. Gil is from a franchise succesful enough for an anime in 2008 and was part of a franchise called Babylonian Castle Saga, which had it's last entry in 2007

Dude, Alex Kidd isn't important, stop pretending what you like is iconic. Alex Kidd hasn't had a game in DECADES. Gil is from a franchise succesful enough for an anime in 2008 and was part of a franchise called Babylonian Castle Saga, which had it's last entry in 2007
Alex Kidd is very important to SEGA history he is what Mr. game & Watch is to Nintendo.
1. He was SEGA mascot before Sonic came in.
2. he used to be SEGA biggest hit and the biggest franchise in SEGA before Sonic came in.
3. He is a gaming console mascot (the Sega master system)
4. The console that he was a mascot of is the longest lived gaming console.
5. The console that he was a mascot of sold like 13 million.
6. Still being used in every new SEGA crossover games and a lot of cameos.
Just because he didn't have a game since 1990 doesn't mean he isn't important to SEGA, his franchise is just dead because of Sonic but Alex Kidd himself is still alive and being used, if your telling me that a mascot of a company isn't important to the company that created the character then there is something wrong with you (even if the mascot was switched and still being used), either you just don't like the character or you just wants to dissagree to everything I say as always.

Last edited:
Alex Kidd is very important to SEGA history he is what Mr. game & Watch is to Nintendo.
Also, Mr.Game & Watch is not actually a rep for a video game, but also the rep of the handheld GAME&WATCH itself.
But the current mascot is still Sonic, he's in Smash and so are other SEGA's fighting game reps.
2. he used to be SEGA biggest hit and the biggest franchise in SEGA before Sonic came in.
I have never heard he was a "big hit" for SEGA, maybe he was popular before Sonic. But the original intention of creating Sonic was actually because SEGA wanted a character to replace Alex Kidd in order to compete with Nintendo's Mario.
Oh dear... that doesn't mean Alex Kidd deserves a spot in Smash. I'm actually on the side that Smash shouldn't become a series that stuffs so many video game characters that are old and not known by the new gamers. Not to mention a playable character. Mr.Game &Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt are the only exception, since they are Nintendo's golden age rep.
I'm pretty sure that even Wii U is catching up to that number. NES sold like nearly 62 million.
But SEGA just don't put him in Smash even as a cameo, what can I say?
And once again, Smash Bros is still a Nintendo major focused title. Don't really take Alex Kidd's inclusion in Smash as a cameo for grated. It all makes sense if you name up some characters that are popular, has it's achievement in game history. Many of the 3rd party characters in Smash so far all fit in those criteria. Whereas Alex Kidd lacks the popularity, even his achievement in game history is even doubted.

Last edited:
Also, Mr.Game & Watch is not actually a rep for a video game, but also the rep of the handheld GAME&WATCH itself.

But the current mascot is still Sonic, he's in Smash and so are other SEGA's fighting game reps.

I have never heard he was a "big hit" for SEGA, maybe he was popular before Sonic. But the original intention of creating Sonic was actually because SEGA wanted a character to replace Alex Kidd in order to compete with Nintendo's Mario.

Oh dear... that doesn't mean Alex Kidd deserves a spot in Smash. I'm actually on the side that Smash shouldn't become a series that stuffs so many video game characters that are old and not known by the new gamers. Not to mention a playable character. Mr.Game &Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt are the only exception, since they are Nintendo's golden age rep.

I'm pretty sure that even Wii U is catching up to that number. NES sold like nearly 62 million.

But SEGA just don't put him in Smash even as a cameo, what can I say?
And once again, Smash Bros is still a Nintendo major focused title. Don't really take Alex Kidd's inclusion in Smash as a cameo for grated. It all makes sense if you name up some characters that are popular, has it's achievement in game history. Many of the 3rd party characters in Smash so far all fit in those criteria. Whereas Alex Kidd lacks the popularity, even his achievement in game history is even doubted.
I am not talking about his importance to Smash/Nintendo I am talking how important he is to SEGA.

3. He is a gaming console mascot (the Sega master system)
Just because he didn't have a game since 1990 doesn't mean he isn't important to SEGA, his franchise is just dead because of Sonic but Alex Kidd himself is still alive and being used, if your telling me that a mascot of a company isn't important to the company that created the character then there is something wrong with you (even if the mascot was switched and still being used), either you just don't like the character or you just wants to dissagree to everything I say as always.
He isn't Sega's mascot anymore. BECAUSE HIS GAMES FLOPPED HORRENDOUSLY
See above
Being a mascot isn't important, but being a successful one is.
Bull****, the Xbox360 exists
That's very low, not to mention it's not something to do with Alex Kidd
Cameos aren't ****ing important you dolt. Otherwise Cid and Gilgamesh are the most important Final Fantasy characters.
btw, stop saying 'MUH GAEM HUSTOHREE' whenever you talk about a character you want. You ALWAYS do it. Geno? 'HE WAS IN A GAME NINTENDO HISTORY!' Grovyle? 'HE WAS IN MYSTERY DUNGEON NINTENDO HISTORY' and Alex Kidd, a ****ing failed mascot who hasn't gotten a game in decades. 'IMPORTANT TO SEGA HISTORY'. ****ing stop using this when it clearly doesn't work

He isn't Sega's mascot anymore. BECAUSE HIS GAMES FLOPPED HORRENDOUSLY
See above
Bull****, the Xbox360 exists
That's very low, not to mention it's not something to do with Alex Kidd
Cameos aren't ****ing important you dolt. Otherwise Cid and Gilgamesh are the most important Final Fantasy characters.
btw, stop saying 'MUH GAEM HUSTOHREE' whenever you talk about a character you want. You ALWAYS do it. Geno? 'HE WAS IN A GAME NINTENDO HISTORY!' Grovyle? 'HE WAS IN MYSTERY DUNGEON NINTENDO HISTORY' and Alex Kidd, a ****ing failed mascot who hasn't gotten a game in decades. 'IMPORTANT TO SEGA HISTORY'. ****ing stop using this when it clearly doesn't work
Alex Kidd didn't really fail there is millions of people who played his game and most people who owned Sega master system has Alex Kidd game build in the system, he was successful but he couldn't stand a chance againts Mario.
If you don't care about the history then you are just disliking the character.

Last edited:
Alex Kidd didn't really fail there is millions of people who played his game and most people who owned Sega master system has Alex Kidd game build in the system, he was successful but he couldn't stand a chance againts Mario.
If he was successful and sold millions, why is he ****ing dead? Give me sales results to prove Alex Kidd did well enough to sell millions, not to mention there's a difference between liking the character and saying they are important to gaming history at all. Heart from Kamen Rider Drive is my favourite villain in anything, yet he isn't 'SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT TO TELEVISION HISTORY'

I am not talking about his importance to Smash/Nintendo I am talking how important he is to SEGA.
Even though he is important to SEGA, doesn't mean it is taken for granted for him to have a cameo appearance in Smash. So what exactly is your deal? Again you can be disappointed about it and give out some 2 cents to us, but all of those doesn't mean that SEGA has to do this or has to include that, or this ******* character should/shouldn't be in Smash etc.
A game mascot are often from successful game series...

Even though his game isn't a failure, it is forgotten.

Look I do think that Alex Kidd could have the chance making a cameo appearance in Smash, but don't give out those and think he should make an appearance in Smash.

Even though he is important to SEGA, doesn't mean it is taken for granted for him to have a cameo appearance in Smash. So what exactly is your deal? Again you can be disappointed about it and give out some 2 cents to us, but all of those doesn't mean that SEGA has to do this or has to include that, or this ******* character should/shouldn't be in Smash etc.

A game mascot are often from successful game series...

Even though his game isn't a failure, it is forgotten.

Look I do think that Alex Kidd could have the chance making a cameo appearance in Smash, but don't give out those and think he should make an appearance in Smash.
Mascots can be failures for other reasons. Alex Kidd flopped big time and was overshadowed by Sonic. Some car insurance dropped their mascot because of too much *ahem* mature content on the internet

If he was successful and sold millions, why is he ****ing dead? Give me sales results to prove Alex Kidd did well enough to sell millions, not to mention there's a difference between liking the character and saying they are important to gaming history at all. Heart from Kamen Rider Drive is my favourite villain in anything, yet he isn't 'SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT TO TELEVISION HISTORY'
I was trying to search about him but I couldn't find it because the game was free build inside the Sega master system.
His franchise is dead because Alex Kidd couldn't stand a chance againts Mario so SEGA created a blue fast cool design character that brainwash kids in SEGA commercials to earn more money.

Mascots can be failures for other reasons. Alex Kidd flopped big time and was overshadowed by Sonic. Some car insurance dropped their mascot because of too much *ahem* mature content on the internet
That's right, video game mascots are usually the successful franchise. When their franchise goes down hill, they will eventually get replaced.
His franchise is dead because Alex Kidd couldn't stand a chance againts Mario so SEGA created a blue fast cool design character that brainwash kids in SEGA commercials to earn more money.
Don't every video game companies do that back in the 1990s?

Top Bottom