• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sounds like if these characters would have made it, everyone would be happy

volbound1700

Smash Master
If Sakurai would have put in the following characters:

Mewtwo
Megaman
Ridley
Geno
Krystal

It sounds like everyone would have been generally happy with the roster. I was personally shocked Bowser Jr. didn't make it. However, Roster still has MANY new faces that are awesome. Personally I think roster is good, especially with Sonic.

I hear the Isaac fans calling but it seems like the ones listed above are the main ones all around the internet I have seen people complain about.

BTW ROB will be a good character, stop bashing him.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Those pretty much were the most wanted and requested characters that didn't make it in. Minus Mewtwo, only because everyone assumed he was in...still Mewtwo didn't deserve what he got...

I'm perfectly fine with the roster. Remove Toon Link, and replace him with someone that matters (Mewtwo), and it will be a great roster to me (I'm fine with ROB, don't like him, but at least he's not a clone/undesrving like Toon Link).

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
you know, if you dwell on the things that can not happen, you're only going to cause yourself more grief.

CELEBRATE!
Brawl is going to be the most fun you're going to have on Wii.
IT'S ALMOST HERE!
WOOOOOOOT

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'll admit, Ashley was cute, and Bomberman is one of my all time favorite video game characters. But even still, I'd be fine without them (prefer to save them for SSB4 in 2016). Megaman, Geno, Krystal, and Mewtwo are all I wanted left for Brawl. But considering Brawl has Meta Knight, Sonic, Snake, Lucario, Wolf, and STS (Skin Tight Samus), I'm satified enough. The only thing that makes me deeply upset about Brawl way the severly unnessicary removal of Mewtwo.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman

Mewtwo
Megaman
Ridley
Geno
Krystal

It sounds like everyone would have been generally happy with the roster. I was personally shocked Bowser Jr. didn't make it. However, Roster still has MANY new faces that are awesome.
*tastes* Hmm... Needs more Isaac.

Seriously, though, if only one of those five made it (except for possibly Mewtwo) the roster would go from "blarg" to "meh", at least in my opinion.

LordLocke

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Isaac.

HOW DARE YOU!? D:
In other words: No, it wouldn't.

No roster would make everyone happy. If we got Geno, Krystal, and Ridley, we'd just get complaints about Issac, Andy, and K.Rool instead. I'd have loved to see Jeff or Paper/RPG Mario as playables, but, especially considering all we're being given, I'll live. We've gotten an absurd number of surprises through the Dojo this past year- who'd have seen Pokemon Trainer coming?

May we only be so lucky that Sakurai and company never actually visit this forum, lest they figure we're biting the hand that feeds and gives us another delay for spite.

Shark X

Smash Lord
who'd have seen Pokemon Trainer coming?
Me.

May we only be so lucky that Sakurai and company never actually visit this forum, lest they figure we're biting the hand that feeds and gives us another delay for spite.
Well, I know why one delay occured, and currently, the one month delay for us has no explaination, so I'm thinking Sakurai already came here early this month.

...And who's Andy?

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Any one of them would have made a decent addition to the roster. I don't see the point in having a random slot, when in melee you could just press start or pick outside of the roster area (or was it just to the left and right of the bottom row, I forget?) :)

But, I'm pretty happy with what we have now, bar ROB.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace

Mewtwo
Megaman
Ridley
Geno
Krystal

It sounds like everyone would have been generally happy with the roster. I was personally shocked Bowser Jr. didn't make it. However, Roster still has MANY new faces that are awesome.

I would be happy if they choose Krystal over one of the two Fox clones, and given ROBS spot to a character that is much more deserving.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I would be happy if they choose Krystal over one of the two Fox clones, and given ROBS spot to a character that is much more deserving.
ROB being a classic Nintendo item made him a great addition to Brawl. Just like how I wish the NES Light Gun would hurry up and replace the Ray Gun. It's Toon Link thats the major waste of space.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why everyone is saying "you can never make everyone happy."
You can't, but they would've made us a hell of a lot happier in general. There's a difference between being content with the roster and being disappointed with the roster.
This roster would've been much stronger if even ONE of those characters made it in.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ive said it in other threads, i'll say it again, toon link is a waste, it could have been a new character, or an actually broken form of mewtwo. i'd rather see a new character, cuz with lucario and pokemn trainer in there are enough pokemon as it is...peace

-hiro

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'd rather kick out Red for Mewtwo anyway if the number thing is everyone's problem. But we have 4/5 Zelda characters (counting Sheik makes 5), 6/8 Mario characters (if you count Donkey and Diddy), but only 4/6 Pokemon characters (if you count Red as 3 characters instead of 1). So whats wrong with one more Pokemon, Mewtwo? Numbers has nothing to do with it. Mewtwo in no way deserved what he got, and I will be 1,000,000 times more pissed than I am now (which is an *** load of alot as it is now) if Mewtwo doesn't return in SSB4.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Roster isn't bad, IMO it is just missing that one or two great character that would blown everyone away (from a new series or something).

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, Geno, Isaac, K.Rool and Masked Man would have done the trick. Yes there are a lot of other wanted characters but these seem to be the ones people are the most upset over.

Saying that, I actually like the roster regardless of a few missing favourites.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
I don't understand why everyone is saying "you can never make everyone happy."
You can't, but they would've made us a hell of a lot happier in general. There's a difference between being content with the roster and being disappointed with the roster.
This roster would've been much stronger if even ONE of those characters made it in.
I agree. Toon link I see is a waste of space They should have added another newcomer (maybe from a different series like advance wars) and as I said before if added another female It would have that roster bearable.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, Geno, Isaac, K.Rool and Masked Man would have done the trick. Yes there are a lot of other wanted characters but these seem to be the ones people are the most upset over.

Saying that, I actually like the roster regardless of a few missing favourites.
No one's really upset over Masked Man, considering...who the hell is he? I sure as hell never heard of him, and I'm sure barely anyone else has.

As for Isaac, same thing actually. I never even heard of him until people started complaining that he's not in.

And ****...I thought I was the only one who used Jack...guess I need to find a new exclusive avatar.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Masked man's from mother 3 which is a Japan only game. Yeah he's not as mourned as the other characters, I just snuck that one in because I really wanted him ;). Though I just found out that "Masked man" unmasked is confirmed as an alt costume for someone (better than nothing).

and haha, don't worry about that. You're the only other Jack user i've seen and I don't post often =)

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
I just don't understand why Ness is in the game. Lucas has already been confirmed as possessing all of Ness moves, and now from the gameplay we see that Ness remained intact. So now we have two small psychic children with yo yos. Awesome... And Toon Link IS young Link, he just looks different. I cannot believe they kept these two characters with other such deserving characters waiting in the wings.

I still don't believe that this is the final roster. Until I hear it on the Smash Dojo, I will continue to tell myself that there are still some ridiculously hard to unlock characters in the game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The only things that have me disappointed are one, the fact that Wolf is in instead of Krystal, and they didn't even really bother to do anything particularly unique. Furthermore, apparently they're just giving the landmasters out these days, because last I checked, Wolf didn't have one.

Two, Toon Link is indeed a horrible waste. I already don't care much for having two Links on the roster, but if you're going to have two, make one have a reasonably different moveset. Maintaining clone movesets is just infuriating to me. This also applies to Ganondorf. It's a real shame IMO.

Finally, Zamus' FS sucks ***. I've said it before, but it bears repeating and will bear repeating for quite some time. The only thing that might be good is that it gives you Samus, but I even have to wonder about the usefulness of that sometimes.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I ALSO WANT A PONY, AND A KITTY, AND A WHIRLY-TWIRLY, AND A SHINY PINWHEEL AND A NEW BIKE, AND ANOTHER PONY...

Guys. :/ Seriously. Yes, it would make everyone happier, but you're asking for a crapload all things considered.

krynny

Smash Cadet
my only problem with the roster is that there are 3 SF chars, all with super similar specials and the same FS. Kyrstal would have been so unique that i was hoping she would have been an obvious choice. WOlf may be a better SF rep, but another version of Fox isnt what i was hoping for.

Besides that i think i am happy.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Mewtwo
Megaman
Ridley
Geno
Krystal

It sounds like everyone would have been generally happy with the roster. I was personally shocked Bowser Jr. didn't make it. However, Roster still has MANY new faces that are awesome. Personally I think roster is good, especially with Sonic.

I hear the Isaac fans calling but it seems like the ones listed above are the main ones all around the internet I have seen people complain about.

BTW ROB will be a good character, stop bashing him.
yeah, i agree.. maybe, maybe maybe, a golden sun char and a advance wars char.. but i thinkl that they are the esential five... (maybe, just cut megaman cuse is more difficult to implement)

NOTE: Im'm not supporter of krystal not geno... not megaman.. but for fans sake, i will still be happy of they made it XD... somehow..

still... im grieving mewtwo :(

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Thing is though, Sonic isn't much of a 'OMG' to be honest. I never doubted for a minute he WOULDN'T get in, thing is, the doods been on soooo many games on soooo many platforms, he'll be pretty much forgotten in brawk, IMO, Sonic was too obvious of a choice, now if CRONO was in the game.... Roster would have went from good to amazing.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
In other words: No, it wouldn't.

No roster would make everyone happy. If we got Geno, Krystal, and Ridley, we'd just get complaints about Issac, Andy, and K.Rool instead. I'd have loved to see Jeff or Paper/RPG Mario as playables, but, especially considering all we're being given, I'll live. We've gotten an absurd number of surprises through the Dojo this past year- who'd have seen Pokemon Trainer coming?

But the fact was that Geno Krystal and Ridley were wanted by many, many, many, many, many more people than those other three, those other 3 were maybe - un likely at best, Krystal and Ridley were almost shoe ins and the fact that 4 clones got in before them...

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I was most upset about Mewtwo getting cut.

Mewtwo is the only original character to get cut...the rest that cut the cut were all clones (Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Roy)....I consider Toon Link to be the equal of Young Link so...meh.

It's really a shame that he got cut....as I said "the only thing that this game needs [besides the additional character] for me to be happy is Fox and Mewtwo"....well, Nintendo fouled up...I'm not happy. I'll definitely get the game, enjoy it, and like it....but seriously? Why not Mewtwo?

my only guess would be that if they get enough "Why did you cut only one original character?" comments/mail/etc they could add him as a downloadable character...but I highly HIGHLY doubt it.

Top Bottom