• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sound Effects Guide - Now Stop Hassling me.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
can you explain more about the Revolution SDK modkit? I searched for it on google and didnt find one page about it. Is "Revolution" some game?

Michi

Smash Apprentice
Is there really no way to run Smashbox with a 64bit Computer? :(
I want to do that :S

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Where do I get all of this stuff. I've got the smashbox, Riivolution, audacity, and the hexworkshop but where do I get the .exe file?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
About step 9.

I'm editing MK's sound effects, meaning I'm looking in snd_chara_group_metaknight.

0x2AB has the sound effects and 0x1E6 has the VO.

I'm doing the sound effects first so what do I do when the offset of both datas are 0x0???

Here's what I mean.

Data1Offset - 0x0
Data1Length - 0x6FA0
Data2Offset - 0x0
Data2Length - 0x65880

Wizz

Smash Rookie
About step 9.

(...)
The guide isn't clear. In step 9, you aren't working with "smashbros_sound.brsar" anymore. You have to open "WaveGroup.rwsd" to extract "Waves.spd" from it (using Data2Offset), and open "SoundGroup.rwsd" to extract "Sounds.spt" from it (using Data1Offset).

stickman

Smash Apprentice
There will be a new guide on Saturday released on kc-mm.com
This will clear everything up.

/advertisement

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The guide isn't clear. In step 9, you aren't working with "smashbros_sound.brsar" anymore. You have to open "WaveGroup.rwsd" to extract "Waves.spd" from it (using Data2Offset), and open "SoundGroup.rwsd" to extract "Sounds.spt" from it (using Data1Offset).
I have to thank you.
After this, I finished using joe's steps, and they all play perfectly in Smashbox.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
everything? :3
Also that people with 64bit computers can do that?
I can't help if SmashBox doesn't like 64bit computers (I didn't program it :ohwell: ). The best I can say is get VirtualBox or something like that to run a virtual 32bit system.

LSDX

Wah!
On KC:MM, there are SFX to download that have the following directions:

(Sonic Ryan Drummond)

How to install

1. Open ryansonic.hex, and your smashbros_sound.brsar in your hex editor ex. Hex Workshop.

2. Copy the contents of ryansonic.hex by "Select All" (Ctrl + A) and then "Copy" (Ctrl + C).

3. Now in the .brsar, "Go to" (Ctrl + G) offset 1C23300.

4. "Paste (overwriting current data)" (Ctrl + B)

8. "Save" (Ctrl + S).

9. Enjoy!
It was going fine until step 4. I went to the correct offset and pasted everything right after going to it. I did everything else, but it didn't work in-game. Can someone post screenshots of what I should be doing when I'm using the hex files for the voice pack please?

Croi

Smash Lord
I don't think what I'm doing is totally correct.

When I add Data1offset and Data1length together, is it supposed to always equal Data2offset? If not, I'm dumb and don't know a thing about hex.

When I ctrl+G my Data2offset and my Data2offsetlength, is my second position supposed to be a good twenty minutes of highlighting away from my first, just to cut/paste?

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I'm looking at this right, but if I need the Wii SDK file, then the only way to make custom sound effects is through illegal ways? T_T

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
You won't go to jail. If you've ever even downloaded an edited file of the game you're in legally (though not morally since copyright laws are stupid) dubious territory, hence why this subforum is so buried. Just use google and use the file. I wouldn't worry about it.

:phone:

Top Bottom