• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTW Competitions?

plural

Smash Journeyman
Teaming sounds fun.

also, who's gonna tally up the votes? i mean, that 1.2.3. method takes a while to tally up, doesn't it?

A_man13

Smash Master
There's this great new product called a calculator. You should try it sometime.

Anyways, joking aside, I think that would be a better way of voting; that way we have a clear 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It may take a bit to adjust to, but give it a few weeks and it'll work like a charm.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Ehh... The host usually counts the votes, it´s his job as the frikking host! Lmao! And yeah, teaming sounds fun. Wondering who was the genius who suggested it, gotta give him props for his superior inteligence. He´s probably very handsome, too. Gotta love that guy.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Ehh... The host usually counts the votes, it´s his job as the frikking host! Lmao! And yeah, teaming sounds fun. Wondering who was the genius who suggested it, gotta give him props for his superior inteligence. He´s probably very handsome, too. Gotta love that guy.
Yeah I am pretty awesome aren't I. Ok Pistolz I'll team with you.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I want confirmation on team SOTW. I think it would be so much fun and I 'd participate every time. Team aspect would add a fun twist.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Up to host, but if he says no we flood his inbox with hatemail and protest in front of his house?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
^watch out, i have auto-turrets equipped with gatlings!
the team thing sounds like a good idea, although i'll probably need gflare to direct me to the site so i can check the team rules thoroughly.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Ehh... You can ask me any questions, I ran a team there. If you really want the link I´ll link you, but you´d have to register, get enough posts, etc. I guess, we skip the protest and jump straight to the hatemail? Not willing to get shot right now, especially while I have this terrible ache on my shoulder from tennis. Good to know the idea was accepted, expect party with fireworks.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
^watch out, i have auto-turrets equipped with gatlings!
pfft gatlings....

I have 20 sentinels 2 to carry and 1 of each on a specialized turrents that hold sentinels that I can easily mont around you and fire with guided missiles.
lol jk
I'd be really scared if i were you.

plural

Smash Journeyman
so hows about some promotion of sotw?

maybe ask if the winning sig can be displayed on the home page or something, telling its the sotw winner and leading here...

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
According to host, the teams thing is actually gonna happen, so I guess we can start recruiting now. Is it according to the rules to post new topics asking for recruits?

Grandeza

Smash Master
^^

i DONT THINK THAT WOULD BE AGAINST THE RULES BUT MY QUESTION STILL STANDS. hOW MANY PEOPLE PER TEAM?

edit-sry caps lock was on.

Sleisl

Smash Cadet
I'd be up for this.

I used to run a SOTW at another site... the voting fairness problem was pretty difficult to solve. A poll thread worked allright, but eventually the results would be skewed by popularity, not skill.
I tried a panel of knowledgeable critics, but the public users still claimed shenanigans, because they felt they didn't have control. The best way would probably be anonymous voting; you see the sigs you could vote for, but there was no name by them. Even if you could recognize art style it could still deter blind voting for friends by making people think a bit before they vote.

Also I think a 3 member limit per collab team would work; any more and you might end up with all the stronger artists on a single team each week, with no incentive to switch.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Ok so 3 members per team it is. Now to find a 3rd member for my team. I have o discuss it with PiSToLZ. I think it'll be Mojo just cuz we already know him, but idk. Right now I see the people I am think about as

(no particular order)
1. Mojo Man
2.Rollerking
3.Doomdragon
4.GFlare(he probably has someone with more skill in mind)

[/monologue]

Roller

Smash Legend
[/monologue] rofl.

I might join your team if you want me to, but if Mojo wants to I would encourage choosing him, you know him on a more personal level and you guys could even meet up and work together on the same sig on 1 computer.

Grandeza

Smash Master
That's why he's probably my number one choice as of now. He lives a lil far from me and PiSToLZ but he still comes once in a while so I think he's our best bet. Now does each team member submit a sig or does the team submit one sig as whole.(hopefully the former)

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i dont think 3 person teams would be plausible since we're so under-publicized. there would only be a few votes in total. let's keep it to two and as the art forums become more prominent, increase it to three.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
It´s one sig per person, that´s how it was on the other boards. I don´t really know how many people are active here, but if there´s like 12-15 I think 3 man teams could work. People on the same team can´t vote for each other, but they can and will vote for people on other teams. This would make this 15 votes at the very least, plus others who aren´t participating. Should be fine, but that´s up to you mate.

Top Bottom