• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sotp north attleboro MA 11/28

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Some friends and i are planning a tournement in North Attleboro MA. it is in an improv comedy place called the Speed of Thought Players(sotp)

39 north washington st,
north attleboro, MA

PRICING AND SCHEDULE
This is a melee only tournement.
Melee Singles - $10
Melee doubles-$10 a team/$5 a person

All Events will be a 50/25/10 Split. sotp will take 15% of the total.

Doors are open at 12 pm.
registration starts right away
melee singles will start by 1 pm.
melee doubles wil happen if there is time.
We have to be packed up by 9pm there is a band playing then.

Melee rules:

• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), Wobbling is banned

Stages:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams(except for doubles)

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:

• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

This will be a lot of fun. This is also my first tournament so if any of you tourny-having veterans out there want to offer me any suggestions that would be sweet.

The speed of thought players have good food as well. there are also places to eat around the area.
if you need anything pm me and i will do my best to help.

Also setups, setups, setups!!! We need them!!! T.V.'s especially it would make it run so much smoother

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
On the exact same day as another MA tourney.... sweet!

Until I realized this is for melee.

....Sweet! I'll be here

Prawn

Smash Master
was gonna complain that this is on the same day as mine but its for meree.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Uh Mafia you make it sound like I drive to every tournament I go to.

On that note: Got my permit Thursday. I can technically apply for my license at any time because I am now 18

Prawn

Smash Master
you should do dubs at 1, singles after,

if you have to be out by 9 you have plenty of time and if you start singles at like 4:30-5 then me, fatal and some others might come out

Prawn

Smash Master
ill prolly be attending this if i can get my tourny run fast enough XD

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
that sounds like a good idea prawn. i think i will do it like that.
Prawn thx for the suggestion but I think singles should be done first. The fact of the matter is more people will be there for singles then they would be for teams. In the first post it says your going to run singles first so you should stick to what you say or people will get mad. This is also for people who can't find a teammate and don't want to wait around because you decided to change the line up on the fly. Just read my suggestion down below and if you follow it everybody should be happy.

What sounds even better is if you run both tourneys at the same time. What I mean by that is once singles get down to 5 matches or less start running teams because it would just go alot faster that way and it would all get down on time. No breaks you just have people let you know when there getting food to hold off on there matches. I am pretty sure I am going to be there and I could help you run your tourney if you like.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Sry for double posting but I think I found a way for it to work out for everybody. Psykoplympton if you do what I mentioned in the last post on the second page and get started right at 1pm you could have another singles tourney but with a smaller entry fee so that way there is no special treatment for anybody and Prawn and his friends could just enter the second singles tourney. I am pretty sure there are people willing to help make this happen so if your down with this idea let us know. Psykoplympton if you are ok with this idea then I ask everybody who is willing to step up and help run this tourney the way I just mentioned?

Bring lots of set-ups people!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
doubles always comes before singles though >_<
While this is very true with most tourneys except MLG's back in the day but he put on the first post that singles is going to be first. People plan around tourneys like myself and shouldn't have to wait because people are going to be given special treatment. An example would be if one of the players shows up expecting there to be singles first and as soon as he gets there not only would the player be irritated that he drove from where their from but now he has to leave because he had plans at 5pm. The player just wasted time and gas just to find out the TO decide to change something on the fly and it's still no excuse to use they should have read the threads because most of the players find out through word of mouth. What if that person never finds out about the change? Then the player would feel the way I described in the example. Prawn will you remberse somebody for their gas they just wasted. There will always be more people for singles then there is for doubles because of the fact that there are people who just don't want to team up with anybody and just want to play singles. Those people shouldn't have to wait and especially since your running your own tournament and it's Brawl. Those matches take very long to finish and it doesn't help that your 45 to an hour away from this melee tourney. There's no guarantee that your even going to make in time or the actual event so the suggestion I made seems like it would be the best way to proceed to ensure that everybody is happy.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Sry for double posting but I think I found a way for it to work out for everybody. Psykoplympton if you do what I mentioned in the last post on the second page and get started right at 1pm you could have another singles tourney but with a smaller entry fee so that way there is no special treatment for anybody and Prawn and his friends could just enter the second singles tourney. I am pretty sure there are people willing to help make this happen so if your down with this idea let us know. Psykoplympton if you are ok with this idea then I ask everybody who is willing to step up and help run this tourney the way I just mentioned?

Bring lots of set-ups people!
That sounds good and thanks for the advice. also i would appreciate alittle help thank you for offering. even if there is time for a low teir tourney would every one be down for that? 5 bucks?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Well if prawn wanted to come and enter singles we should probably have another singles tourney. If he doesn't come then we could do whatever.

Top Bottom