• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What are your thoughts on current events? Who would you vote and why?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
so like where are we
Funnier - ok with dying
Raxxel - ok with dying
Exlight - trying to save his ass

Ranmaru is town-confirmed
Xivii - confirmed cop
Z25 - confirmed wolf
Pythag - confirmed town

Me - Chaotic Neutral
Kary - probably just the hunter

ExLight

Smash Lord
and whoever is town between funnier x raxx shouldn't be giving up either
grr

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What are your thoughts on current events? Who would you vote and why?
Z trying to frame Funnier basically vindicates my current town read on the latter. So I guess I was wrong, Z's content post-outing was worth looking at. I could be wrong, perhaps it's an act of genius reverse psychology. That's a stretch though. So, Funnier, with this plus as I mentioned him drawing a legitimately frustrated response out of UP is town imo.

I think Xivii made a genius play claiming he checked Z while actually getting a town flip on you. Had I not known this, going into the next day I definitely think I would've started looking at your slot too to reevaluate it.

It leaves Wiisp, Ex, and Kary. I think Ex's math is a town sign imo but they could also be doing it precisely because it ultimately requires little in the way of actual reads or interactions with players while making them look involved. They aren't cleared yet in my mind.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
How is it a town sign, but also easy too fake???
that's called being NAI

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
and whoever is town between funnier x raxx shouldn't be giving up either
grr
It’s not giving up if we win either way lame brain

I’d rather rely on the increasing number of confirmed town than my own judgement at this point

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
that's called being NAI
I'm giving two possibilities and weighing them. I didn't say it was easy to fake either. I'm saying it's a safer option.

Ultimately I lean on town Ex because I just legitimately believe a scum player in this wouldn't situation put the effort that it requires to PRODUCE the math. The actual act of math itself however, while being a contribution, is safe from too much interaction. It would be a time investment that I doubt most scum would want to bother with, but it's a worthy one. If that makes sense.

ExLight

Smash Lord
that's called being NAI
if this is about the mathies
I mean it's easy to fake because anyone can do it, but it's townie because scum wouldn't want to tell town which scenario is the best one
especially in an open setup where they can't wifom with unknown roles lmao

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if this is about the mathies
I mean it's easy to fake because anyone can do it, but it's townie because scum wouldn't want to tell town which scenario is the best one
especially in an open setup where they can't wifom with unknown roles lmao
no

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I'm giving two possibilities and weighing them. I didn't say it was easy to fake either. I'm saying it's a safer option.

Ultimately I lean on town Ex because I just legitimately believe a scum player in this wouldn't situation put the effort that it requires to PRODUCE the math. The actual act of math itself however, while being a contribution, is safe from too much interaction. It would be a time investment that I doubt most scum would want to bother with, but it's a worthy one. If that makes sense.
From your point of view how can you possibly town lean both me and Ex

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
In this wouldn't situation.

God I wish there was a grammar editing license in this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So you think it is between wisp and Kary. Of the two, who would you choose and why?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
From your point of view how can you possibly town lean both me and Ex
Y'know what. Lemme try and read through the interactions between you two real quick. Town on town seems absolutely plausible to me, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Im starting to doubt we win either way
I need Doop to answer my question

I need to know how this specific F3 works
1 wolf, 1 hunter, 1 vt

if the vt is lynched, does the hunter's special parity kick in? and town wins?
does mafia just win, as soon as the vt is lynched?
or does the game tie? going into the next day phase?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
yea

unless you think I'm really relying on my luck (yes I know I'm using a Komaeda pfp) to win this game I don't see why I'd give town the scenario with best odds in a silver plate
its still a hard no from me

ExLight

Smash Lord
Im starting to doubt we win either way
I need Doop to answer my question

I need to know how this specific F3 works
1 wolf, 1 hunter, 1 vt

if the vt is lynched, does the hunter's special parity kick in? and town wins?
does mafia just win, as soon as the vt is lynched?
or does the game tie? going into the next day phase?
the hunter counts as two players, so mafia can't reach parity against iirc

so it should be a draw
we should stil ask the host tho

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also there a difference between Funnier being ok with dying and Ex/Rax. Funnier is trying to make a show of it ("yawn," etc.) whereas the other two were just like "yeah I'm ok with being lynched."

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'll see if I have enough wim to case stuff tonight
when does this day phase end?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel, Z was trying to frame Ex not Funnier. Check out my case on Funnier!
Thanks for correcting me. I'm surprised nobody noticed that sooner.

Alright, lemme read what you have on Funnier. Can you quote it or should I just search this thread for posts from you involving his name?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
maybe, but there is also a difference between being ok with dying and still actively advocating against your lynch
which is the vibe I get from Ex

at this point I am not super certain on which way funnier goes

ExLight

Smash Lord
Thanks for correcting me. I'm surprised nobody noticed that sooner.

Alright, lemme read what you have on Funnier. Can you quote it or should I just search this thread for posts from you involving his name?
I literally corrected you before him

ExLight

Smash Lord
maybe, but there is also a difference between being ok with dying and still actively advocating against your lynch
which is the vibe I get from Ex
imagine me being an old man with a somewhat decent life insurance and my family needs money

if I die they'll get a bunch of money (aka the smaller PoE) which is great and I'm fine with that, but does mean I want to die? not really

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Being ok with dying as a statement is borderline appeal to emotion.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
being ok with dying is like, such an odd way to play, since its against your wincon
but more often than not, the people who portray this line of thought tend to sway more towards town
but given that the whole entire PoE is doing it, idk

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Raxxel Raxxel
Right now I’m in that place where I really want to think Wiisp is town cause if they’re not they’re extremely good at faking and taking of AtE and I’m okay losing to that kind of grossness at this point

Also that was a really good point about Poy voting Z and putting him at L-1 or whatever, I agree that was absolutely absolutely the stupidest possible move in the history of stupid moves to do that to a scum bud when you have no need for town cred

I know that Poy is a notorious busser but like lol that’s just really bad play,

Normally a bus can do a lot of good for a team but Sorcerors are literally there to prevent that from happening I mean like honestly

So while I won’t say it definitely didn’t happen there is definitely a really good chance that Z is just town there (or big tinfoil scum buds with Wisp I guess) so that makes the both of them look a lot better imo

Right now it’s kind of like Ran/Kary with a paranoid side of Ex and Rax in that order

I’m just paranoid about Ex in general though

Probably reply to things in the morning I really need to fix my screwed sleep schedule
The "tinfoil" speculation here doesn't make sense though. Why would Wisp being scum have anything to do with UPs behavior toward Z? The point Wisp brought up is good regardless of his alignment. If he were scum, that wouldn't make the reasoning itself invalid.

Vote: funnier

I'm confident on this. Ex isn't playing like someone that is going to flip red. Wisp has been obvtown today and he was spewed by UP based on the different way he treated the Lore and Z25 wagons. Kary has been brief but astute. Similar to Osies early play, it comes off to me as coming from a solving mindset. Rax is the toughest call to make. His voting pattern is suspicious, but his big D1 reads post was really good and I have a hard time seeing those notes as coming from scum. I also felt good about his posting last night. Funniers reasoning in the last quote I posted above does not come from a town mindset.
Is "so and so" referring to me? Why didn't you just defend against the point directly haha.

What I meant by by coming from a town mindset is that it's not logically consistent. You show logical consistency in your unvote post when you point out that Wisp is still townie for his point despite it being incorrect. But you showes logical inconsistency when you were previously speculating about it. You made it seem like the possibilities were that either UP putting Z at L1 meant town Z or that scumWisp was tricking you into believing so. The former being false doesn't lead to the latter, and this is highly indicative that your reasoning is not genuine.
It being tinfoil is irrelevant. What matters is that you specifically contrasted it with Z being town:

You were trying to make it seem like the point being wrong led to Wisp being scum. I believe that the logical mistep stems from your association with Z and you realizing that you were putting yourself out there for agreeing with the point. The tinfoil is a way for you to distance yourself from it.
He wanted Z to be read as town for UP putting him at L1, but he didn't want to be associated with making the point, so he made it clear that Wisp was the one bringing it up.
No. It goes like this:

-Funnier is Z's partner.
-Wisp is making the point that Z is town because UP put him at L1.
-Funnier is excited by this clearing of his partner and pretends to analyze it. (Look at his full post. He is way overanalyzing such a small point which indicates it is meaningful to him)
-Funnier agrees with the point, but because he doesn't want to be the one associated with clearing Z, he speculates that Wisp could be Z's partner and is making this point to make Z seem town. He's basically distancing himself from the point in case Z ever flipped.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Being ok with dying as a statement is borderline appeal to emotion.
did funnier tell about the game I literally almost cried after begging him for two days straight to lynch his best friend who he didn't want to believe to be scum

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
did funnier tell about the game I literally almost cried after begging him for two days straight to lynch his best friend who he didn't want to believe to be scum
I did see mention of that. Don't think that would work here.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii

firstly, LOL
secondly, I see your argument in 2267 but I want to hear what other points you for why funnier is mafia
That's really the only point. There's some other stuff that's suspicious about his play: not gaining a solid read on Ex, not having any reads D1, but I think his preoccupation with the point Wisp made on Z is the most telling.

Top Bottom