• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
The two of you are treated as a single slot. Usually, you share an account, but because this is a game within a game you can just use your individual accounts and play like normal!
oh mkay

##funrun
##Pixel

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Usually you are about to post something but your account posted something and you think "wait I didn't post anything yet... oh right it was my hydra partner".

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
hey, Kary
Have you heard of the Monty Hall problem
yes

Let's assume I'm the goat behind the door, you choose right now (D2) that my slot as the scum
badabee, badaboo, 6 people died, there's me, you, and another person left
and they say one of these people is scum, and the other is town; would you change your vote?
who I would vote for in final 3 would depend on who else was there.

whether or not I should change my vote in final 3 is not a monty hall problem.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OK #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary I think I have some solid evidence on Wisp. First, Z was fully aware that I probably targeted him, but Wisp has been playing all day without any reservation in giving his reads. Before I came online, he made this read list with Z as highly town. It's not the kind of list you make before you know what the cop check was:

1. #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary
  2. Z25
  3. ExLight ExLight
  4. funnier6 funnier6
  5. ranmaru ranmaru
  6. Raxxel Raxxel

we have this PoE, we can subtract one after we get Xivii's check
which means we just have to auto in this PoE
wolves will have work hard for this game that's for sure

Kary gives me that uninformed/no partners vibes, doing his own thing
Ex doesnt feeling malicious in the slightest, could possibly be wrong here IDK
Z25 is the second most natural player in this game next to Osie IMO, and no one cared about their train in the slightest
Raxxel, no read at this time, quick read through of his ISO, doesnt push me either way, need more time

so bye PoE we get Ranmaru/Funnier

Wisp

Xivii
Pythag

Z25

Kary
Ex

Raxxel

Ranmaru
Funnier

thought this is kind of lazy since I dont really have a read on Ranmaru/Funnier, its just process of elimination. I'll work on that another day to see if this makes sense

Funnier is playing this aggressive 20 questions game, with a lack of understanding which comes from the typical power wolf, the problem is very rarely see these kinds of players, but that also doesnt mean its not happening here

can think of anything to say on Ranmaru as of right now, Osie thinks they are town, I don't really have a reason to agree at this point and time

These are just some of many posts that come off as pure to me. The first two give me the impression that they are coming from the mind of someone who is paying attention thoroughly enough to pick up on subtle scumtells and discrepancies that might otherwise be overlooked. The third post isn't the type of approach scum take toward making a scumread. This reads more like Wisp is trying to figure Ranmaru out.
Your reads feel like someone who is trying to hide TMI, rather than being truly hedgy
what exactly does this post do for anyone?
Do you think Funnier is town?
Do you think you don't deserve a town read?
I have you as a wolf read ranmaru ranmaru
Thoughts?
to be fair I didnt really make a case on you yet, wont happen tonight

What about my wolf read on Funnier? do you think I am wrong?
or any of my thoughts on other players?

Lastly, and I think this is the strongest point, Wisp reacted the exact opposite way a wolf would when I began hinting at a Wolf check. Ex asked me to provide my result, and I responded here:
Once everyone has had a chance to post their pre-result thoughts
Wisp continued to play completely normally and continued with his thread reading/posting his thoughts:
Reread the whole thread
still think its just {Funnier, Ranmaru}

Raxxel
Kary

both of these slots don't have an agenda at all

I am not making/doing a real ISO of Ranmaru as of yet, don't feel like its needed
if this gets me voted, then w/e

I'll take this team to my grave

peace
Why the hell is Ranmaru such a strong read for all of you...

if I am wrong about Ranmaru, then
evaluate Kary/Raxxel, starting with Raxxel

ExLight ExLight
did you post town/mafia games in the thread for yourself?
if not, can you?
I want to be more confident with my read of Exlight
idk, I just want to be able to confidently build a case on you, that isnt just, "He is pure"
in the off-chance I do die
hmm I am going to work on a team that make sense in the off chance that funnier is town here
There's no hint AT ALL that he was under the impression that I had a guilty result on Z. You can tell from Z's (and Funnier's) responses however that they were cognizant of the fact that I was about to come out with a wolf result.

ExLight

Smash Lord
There's no hint AT ALL that he was under the impression that I had a guilty result on Z. You can tell from Z's (and Funnier's) responses however that they were cognizant of the fact that I was about to come out with a wolf result.
that's an interesting point

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Final Vote Count
UtopianPoyzin - 6 - Pythag, Kary, Ranmaru, RaxxeL, Z25, osieorb18
Z25 - 2 - UtopianPoyzin, Xivii
Kary - 1 - Wiisp,
Ranmaru - 1 - funnier6
Xivii - 1 - ExLight

UtopianPoyzin: osieorb18(4) -> Z25(17) -> Unvote(42)
Mamboo07/Kary: Z25(3) -> Replaced by Kary(18) -> Z25(?) -> Xivii(35) -> UtopianPoyzin(40)
Xivii: ExLight(1) -> Mamboo07(12) -> Z25(14) -> Unvote(22) -> UtopianPoyzin(23) -> Wiisp(33) -> ExLight(34) -> Z25(44)
Z25: Lore(20) -> UtopianPoyzin(48)
Pythag: funnier6(13) -> UtopianPoyzin(30)
Lore/Wiisp: osieorb18(11) -> Replaced by Wiisp(24) -> Z25(26) -> Pythag(32) -> Unvote(40) -> Kary(41)
ExLight: Pythag(21) -> Xivii(36) -> Unvote(38)
funnier6: ExLight(7) -> Ranmaru(27)
Ranmaru: funnier6(6) -> OsieOrb18(9) -> Unvote(10) -> Z25(19) -> ExLight(25) -> Pythag(29) -> Xivii(37) -> UtopianPoyzin(39) -> osieorb18(45) -> UP(46)
RaxxeL: Lore(5) -> Pythag(31) -> UP(47)
osieorb18: Ranmaru(2) -> Xivii(8) -> Unvote(15) -> Lore(16) -> Pythag(28) -> Unvote(32) -> Kary(43)
Raxxel Raxxel Why is your voting pattern on the low side? (Lore(5) -> Pythag(31) -> UP(47))

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I play with good players... sometimes the subtle tells is what distinguishes a wolf and a town
great iso btw

I didnt really care about your information, because I wanted to get their own my own anyways
the only sad thing was I wrong about Ranmaru, I am hoping that I am right on funnier, but Im not super hopeful
like I get two feelings

1. Power wolfer, pushing anything with the lack of understanding
2. His reaction to Z just didnt feel like someone who realized he now had to play this game solo

number two is contrary to the feeling I get from Ex/Raxxel

like kary is doing **** all, but like they feel alone, and they are posting w/e they feel like, oblivious to the backlash they may receive, as well as they are also the bomb (99% certain on that)

ExLight

Smash Lord
as well as they are also the bomb (99% certain on that)
why the **** you keep insisting on that
we all already agreed that outing the bomb is bad for town

the bomb gives us a 3rd attempt to hit scum but can also hurt town, and hitting them is the only thing that can cause scum to win and even thought you already pointed out it yourself you keep poking that
so, like, if you truly believe anyone is the bomb you should keep the thoughts to yourself :smash:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
the bomb doesnt die today or tonight
maybe night 3, but they have a PoE to kill in
so regardless of who they kill, they are shortening the PoE
and I do not want to win due to the hunter's 1v1 mechanic

ExLight

Smash Lord
the bomb doesnt die today or tonight
maybe night 3, but they have a PoE to kill in
so regardless of who they kill, they are shortening the PoE
and I do not want to win due to the hunter's 1v1 mechanic
they're not going to kill the bomb N3 with a town conf around

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if we are not killing Z today, then we have to kill him tomorrow
but it still seems so pointless to leave a wolf alive, just to try to PoE the second wolf, or outright kill them

ExLight

Smash Lord
if a bomb has to go off it has to be during N4 for us to have a 3rd attempt of hitting scum

lynching Z25 right now only leaves us with 2 opportunities of trying to hit scum

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok i am not leaving Z alive, Exlight is insane
vote: Z25

****ing kill this, I swear to god

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if we do not kill Z today, I am not voting for the rest of the game
and that is a threat

ExLight

Smash Lord
SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE DECISIONS (keeping Z25):

=======

Lynching the bomb earlier (D2 or now):
(D4) 3v/1s > (N4) 2v/1s > (D5) 1v/1s - Parity!

We can not mislynch twice, no luck intervenes with the game

=======

Not Lynching the bomb + scum hits it:
(D4) 1b+2v/2s - we're forced to lynch Z25 > (N4) 1b+2v/1s

Scenario a)
If scum knows who the bomb is they hit it 100%; bomb hat to pick scum out of the three remaining people (67% of town losing)

Scenario b)
If scum doesn't know who the bomb is they have a 33% chance of hitting it, but if they do the bomb has a 67% of hitting town (33%*67% = 22% of town losing)

We can not mislynch twice; but our chances of not losing can be either 32% or 78%

=======

Not Lynching the bomb + scum doesn't hit it N4:
(D4) 1b+2v/2s - we're forced to lynch Z25 > (N4) 1b+2v/1s > (D5) 1b+1v/1s
Bomb claims, we guarantee a draw if we mislynch; or we guarantee a win if we lynch correctly
SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE DECISIONS (lynching Z25 today):

If the bomb survives until D4:
(D2) 1b+6v/2s > (N2) 1b+5v/1s > (D3) 1b+4v/1s > (N3) 1b+3v/1s > (D4) 1b+2v/1s

If we lynch correctly (25%) we win
If we lynch the bomb (25%) we'll have a 67% chance of losing and 33% chance of winning;

If we mislynch a vanilla (N5) 1b+1v/1s (50%) we'll have a 50% chance of scum hitting the bomb during the night (if it hasn't claimed), and 50% chance of the bomb hitting scum; if scum hits vanilla we get at least a draw (so, in this scenario, a 50% of a draw, 25% of winning, 25% of losing).

In this scenario we can afford to mislynch only once

========

If the bombs gets mislynched before D4 (aka D3 because that's the only thing in between):
(D2) 1b+6v/2s > (N2) 1b+5v/1s > (D3) 1b+4v/1s

20% chance of winning (hitting scum), or 80% of hitting town and us going to: (N3) 0b+3v/1s > (D4) 2v/1s, which means a 3-way LyLo

well that's pretty much the same scenario from the first example; we get to try two mislynches, no luck factor involved

ExLight

Smash Lord
Scenario a) and b) both became 50% with ran's green check I think
I need to redo the percentages considering it, but the idea stays the same

Top Bottom