• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It's literally the most hyped Smash character since Cloud got in. Problem is, he's a really difficult character to get as he is basically a fourth party character.. Let's hope he makes it!
Lets stop with the whole 4th party thing. Not only is that not a real term, but Sora's a videogame character first and foremost so it doesn't even apply to him.

I wonder if they would bother having him voiced in english if he made it in.
They most likely wont. Word from the grapevine is that Nintendo doesn't like working with Union workers, and HJO is a part of a union himself. If Sora gets included, we're probably looking at a Cloud and Sephiroth scenario where he'll only speak Japanese.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I never understood the term “fourth party”. I mean, I get what it’s referring to; characters from non video game mediums (example: Goku and Shrek), but the term itself doesn’t make sense to me.
Also! On a Kingdom Hearts related note, I’m trying to beat Yozora in III for good luck! It’s…not going well.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
They most likely wont. Word from the grapevine is that Nintendo doesn't like working with Union workers, and HJO is a part of a union himself. If Sora gets included, we're probably looking at a Cloud and Sephiroth scenario where he'll only speak Japanese.
Lmao they should reevaluate that stance since they work on a CROSSOVER fighting game where characters come from across the industry.

edumolon11

Smash Cadet

In his last post Sakurai said to the Japanese audience "you may not know the final character" and Sora is pretty popular there. I think that we must temper our expectations...
It's also speaking to the general gaming public, so it could be a hype character too.

It is important to note that he has not put that same message in English, I think this is important for Halo, but we will see.

On the other hand, Harada tweeted this and deleted it afterwards.

20211004_114550.jpg

Didn't Harada unlock a Sora for Smash account months ago?

Men, I hope we win tomorrow, but hype responsibility and all that hahaha

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
It's also speaking to the general gaming public, so it could be a hype character too.

It is important to note that he has not put that same message in English, I think this is important for Halo, but we will see.

On the other hand, Harada tweeted this and deleted it afterwards.

View attachment 332979

Didn't Harada unlock a Sora for Smash account months ago?

Men, I hope we win tomorrow, but hype responsibility and all that hahaha
Harada is a massive troll though, he maybe knows the character but he is ****ing around
I'm being honest, that japanese tweet kinda ruined it for me-

TraaP

Smash Cadet

In his last post Sakurai said to the Japanese audience "you may not know the final character" and Sora is pretty popular there. I think that we must temper our expectations...
Definitely take this with a grain of salt, there are many gamers who do not know of Kingdom Hearts’ existence. Think of those who only play esports, like League, Fortnite, etc - I have friends who play games but don’t know Kingdom Hearts.
For example, I followed Smash speculation avidly since Ultimate’s announcement in March 2018 but I had never heard of the Persona series before Joker’s reveal.

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
Definitely take this with a grain of salt, there are many gamers who do not know of Kingdom Hearts’ existence. Think of those who only play esports, like League, Fortnite, etc - I have friends who play games but don’t know Kingdom Hearts.
For example, I followed Smash speculation avidly since Ultimate’s announcement in March 2018 but I had never heard of the Persona series before Joker’s reveal.
But why saying that only for the Japanese audience?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

Here's a take from Push Dustin after translating Sakurai's comments.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here's a take from Push Dustin after translating Sakurai's comments.

so basically saying that as in theory any video game character could be unheard of its a meaningless statement? or have i misunderstood what theyre saying?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
so basically saying that as in theory any video game character could be unheard of its a meaningless statement? or have i misunderstood what theyre saying?
You're kind of on the mark? Wouldn't go as far as meaningless, but the overall assumption here is that Sakurai's statement isn't implying much.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
22 hours remain! Here’s hoping for Sora! But remember: if he doesn’t get in the game, that’s okay. Just relax and enjoy all the wonderful characters we have already~
Though it’s hard not to support Sora right now because of how much chatter is going on about him. People have been supporting him and having him trend on Twitter almost every time there’s a Smash announcement! That’s pretty impressive.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Not to jump on board a rumour train, but I guess for the final character for Ultimate I'm going around on boards of characters that I would be quite satisfied with if the end results would be them coming in as the last fighter, and for Sora personally, I think he would be pretty badass.

I have only played KH2 and KH3 personally, and love the fan creation of him in Super Smash Flash 2, which gave me the perfect idea on how he could function within Smash Bros, making me even more excited for Sora if he were to be the last fighter.

No matter the outcome, I believe Nintendo is fully aware of the popularity of the character, and what that means for the future, and how either Disney or Square would like to play ball (or both if necessary), then I could see it as a possibility. Good luck, may your heart fill with hope, and the heartless dissapear.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Good luck. There's a lot of hype around Sora and he'd be a great pick! I can't really imagine another character who'd bring as much hype and shock. :)

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

I don't think this means anything really. This is literally just Sakurai advertising the event.

I've somehow ended up with some hope for Sora before this direct but as per usual I don't really expect it. I'm fairly certain it will be a 3rd party character (especially from this tweet), but as for Sora's chances - I dunno. All I can really say is that its been a wild ride and I love the game already so Sora is just the icing if he gets in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here’s hoping!
And I FINALLY defeated Yozora in KH3! I decided to dedicate myself to beating him today for good luck for tomorrow, despite how nut-bustingly hard he is.
May your heart be your guiding key, folks! And remember, if it isn’t Sora, don’t get salty!
dont worry i only ever get salty over who it is not who its not

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
We are within the final hour before the smash direct starts and I just want to say its been a pleasure supporting our boy with you guys. Let's hope its him coming but if not let's not be angry and just celebrate that this miracle of a game was made into existence at all. Even if Sora doesn't make it in I know damn well you guys will be back to support the boy even harder than before in the next game. So here's to ya Sora4Smash!!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guess I'll see if I can play through Kingdom Hearts 2 before October 18th. (I've beaten KH1 and Chain of Memories, and seen the cutscenes for 358/2 Days and re:Coded, but I haven't beaten KH2, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, or KH3)

Top Bottom