• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Has fortnite actually got any Disney Disney characters though. Like I know it has Marvel and Star Wars but is there a Goofy, Mulan, Snow white or Mickey Mouse blasting the battlefield. I feel Sora fits more with the traditional Disney characters and I don't think Disney likes licensing them out much... Or not, I'm not Disney I don't know what they want... haha...
Ralph Breaks the Internet seems to have appeared in Fortnite, but I can't find any examples of actual content. Just an in game advertisement. Marvel is still very much their own entity within Disney, and they maintain control over their properties. Same with Pixar. I'd imagine Star Wars is in a similar situation as well. So what happens with those properties isn't really indicative of the conditions for Sora.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Ralph Breaks the Internet seems to have appeared in Fortnite, but I can't find any examples of actual content. Just an in game advertisement. Marvel is still very much their own entity within Disney, and they maintain control over their properties. Same with Pixar. I'd imagine Star Wars is in a similar situation as well. So what happens with those properties isn't really indicative of the conditions for Sora.
I just feel that Sora has closer ties to the Traditional Disney properties. I'm not sure that the same Disney that would deal with Sora has much in the say for Marvel and Star Wars gaming content. Most Disney stuff is done by multiple branches so Marvel content in games is controlled by a different group that does the Star Wars games.

But you're right in that none of this means anything in terms of Sora. I was just interested if there was any knowledge on the goings of internal Disney gaming properties. Well I guess speculation can be a pretty good insight but properties aren't always handled ideally... UGH its so frustrating not knowing what Disney's rules with Kingdom Hearts and crossovers in other games.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
To add to this Ralph got a free emote added to the game called the Hot Marat dance. It wasn't just the in game ad that some people saw in the Risky Reels point of interest location. I would know.... because I have the emote and I saw the ad.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
so what youre saying is that because the internet is nasty you might as well be nasty as well and contribute to the problem rather than try and solve it? that is toxic
[/QUOTE]
No I don't go out my way to try and be quote unquote Toxic. What I mean is that I just don't care if I come of as that way to people. How people feel about me on a personal level on the internet means absolutely nothing to me. I speak how I speak, as an adult I don't have to force myself to be pretend nice to people. Like I said in that original comment of mine you commented on. I'm just a naturally blunt person, I'll tell people outright what I'm thinking even if it may offend them.

Anyone can choose to or not take offense on their own, that **** depends on the person. And I don't really care if they do or not so long as I say what I want to say and they understand what it is I'm saying. People are always so afraid of calling people on the **** they say for fear of seeming toxic. But that is not my mindset, I'm of the mind that sometimes people need to get told they said some dumb ****. Otherwise we get self entitled mother ****ers who just say **** without thinking, but think their opinion is somehow the "right" opinion based on nothing. People just don't like having their thought process challanged. For an example of what I mean, I had a guy get mad at and get me a week ban on twitter because I called him a stupid, asshole for calling Elliot Page mentally challanged for coming out as trans. The guy literally had the audacity to say it was okay he was being a horrible **** head because "jesus will save us all". His entire argument against being called out was "WeLl THaT's JuSt MY OpiNIon!?" Having an opinion does not mean it is inherantly a good opinion or a valid one.

**** like that is why I refuse to be pretend nice or fake respectful to people who haven't earned it. People are not entitled to being respected. Anyway rant over just wanted to give my two cents.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No I don't go out my way to try and be quote unquote Toxic. What I mean is that I just don't care if I come of as that way to people. How people feel about me on a personal level on the internet means absolutely nothing to me. I speak how I speak, as an adult I don't have to force myself to be pretend nice to people. Like I said in that original comment of mine you commented on. I'm just a naturally blunt person, I'll tell people outright what I'm thinking even if it may offend them.

Anyone can choose to or not take offense on their own, that ** depends on the person. And I don't really care if they do or not so long as I say what I want to say and they understand what it is I'm saying. People are always so afraid of calling people on the they say for fear of seeming toxic. But that is not my mindset, I'm of the mind that sometimes people need to get told they said some dumb . Otherwise we get self entitled mother ****ers who just say * without thinking, but think their opinion is somehow the "right" opinion based on nothing. People just don't like having their thought process challanged. For an example of what I mean, I had a guy get mad at and get me a week ban on twitter because I called him a stupid, asshole for calling Elliot Page mentally challanged for coming out as trans. The guy literally had the audacity to say it was okay he was being a horrible * head because "jesus will save us all". His entire argument against being called out was "WeLl THaT's JuSt MY OpiNIon!?" Having an opinion does not mean it is inherantly a good opinion or a valid one.

**** like that is why I refuse to be pretend nice or fake respectful to people who haven't earned it. People are not entitled to being respected. Anyway rant over just wanted to give my two cents.
but this isnt about respect or what makes a good opinion this is about being civil on a website that was made for civil discussions, even if it doesnt always work out that way. you dont have to be nice but you cant go around calling people idiots with a "i call it how i see it" attitude causing owning it doesnt excuse it and other people saying horrible things doesnt allow you to be nasty. so if you cant get into a debate without insulting people you really shouldnt be on an internet forum.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yo, hope this thread is doing well. I've only occasionally lurked here a long time ago as I just didn't have much to say.

I've never played Kingdom Hearts but I've been interested in the series for a long while. I've watched some kingdom hearts videos from different youtubers and im currently watching youtuber NicoB's walkthrough of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.
A couple months ago I saw a playstation 2 at a second hand shop for 40 euros. The first thing that popped into my head was finally being able to play kingdom hearts, but alas, I ended up not buying it, since... well, im still in school and while I could afford it, I've already got a switch soooooooooo... yeh.

Sora is probably my 4th most wanted, Sora would be REALLY exciting to see join the fight, and I doubt Sephiroth really damages Sora's chances much at all since I'm pretty sure Disney owns the character and franchise while Square makes the games.

And honestly, with how bat-**** crazy ultimate dlc has been in terms of breaking boundaries and having all sorts of variety, I think Sora has a pretty darn good shot.
Sora-Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate.jpg

edit:btw if theres a sort of supporters list here then id like to join

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Has fortnite actually got any Disney Disney characters though. Like I know it has Marvel and Star Wars but is there a Goofy, Mulan, Snow white or Mickey Mouse blasting the battlefield. I feel Sora fits more with the traditional Disney characters and I don't think Disney likes licensing them out much... Or not, I'm not Disney I don't know what they want... haha...
I'd argue that Sora's in the same boat as the Marvel and Starwars cast of characters, with the exception that he isn't anywhere near as famous. If Sora fit with the likes of traditional Disney characters, he'd have started off as a cartoon character.

I was chill when I asked that. I was legitemately curious. Now as for me insulting him, look bro I'll tell you what I tell anyone else. I am a self acknowledged asshole, and I don't censor myself to be pretend nice to people I could give less of single **** about on the internet. Who I'll also more then likely never talk to again. I'm a blunt person by nature, that's just who I am. The internet isn't a safe space.
You can very easily be blunt without insulting someone's intelligence. Even more so in your situation where the insult was completely unnecessary. I don't care what kind of justification you try to use for it, keep it at the door.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guess whos birthday it is!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I think the legalities for KH might be a little easier to go through than people claim;
  • For the general KH license, you go to Disney
  • For the characters and locations, you go to Nomura
  • For music (well, most of it, anyways), you go to Yoko Shimomura (who's been on board for Smash since Brawl)
From my point of view, it's certainly easier to go through than Dragon Quest.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I think the legalities for KH might be a little easier to go through than people claim;
  • For the general KH license, you go to Disney
  • For the characters and locations, you go to Nomura
  • For music (well, most of it, anyways), you go to Yoko Shimomura (who's been on board for Smash since Brawl)
From my point of view, it's certainly easier to go through than Dragon Quest.
2 and 3 probably wouldn't be TOO bad. It's just number 1 is that nobody is quite sure how stingy Disney is with Sora and that's the main roadblock.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I've said it before and I'll say it again; if merch makers can get the KH license no problem, I doubt it'll be much trouble for Nintendo.

I don't disagree. But I would argue that merch vs spot in a game like smash a very different. Crappy merch isn't going to "perceive to hurt" Sora's image as much as Smash would from Disney's perspective.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So if Sora did get into Smash? What would you guys prefer for his main outfit? His KH1/2 or KH3?
KH 1 is his most iconic and the most used one.
KH 2 is the fan favorite
and KH3 is the most recent one.

But with KH2 and 3 we can have a Cloud/Sephiroth/Joker situation with Alts to swap them out since they have the same body build, unlike KH1 where he's SMOLL- and beside, KH1 can get a reference with Limit form KH2 colors

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So if Sora did get into Smash? What would you guys prefer for his main outfit? His KH1/2 or KH3?
I feel like they would go with 3 if there weren't any alts. beyond palette swaps but my favourite design is 2.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember getting into an argument about whether or not KH1 Sora can just be an alt straight up.

And no, I don't mean the KH1 colors from Limit Form.
They'd have to:
A. Change the proportions which you can't do for an alt. costume
B. Resize Sora so he's the same across each costume which would be jarring imo
C. Pull a KHII and have current age Sora wear his old clothes that no longer fit him which would be hilarious
alt discussion.png

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
While on the topic of alts, do you think if Sora gets in there might be world specific forms?

Vampire Sora is actually popular enough to get merchandise so that could be a possibility.

I also had a weird thought, what if we get concept Sora. Would be wild to see that actually get fully realised in 3D.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
It would probably be KH2 & 3. They're well suited to palette swaps, and already have some available via forms. As far as my preferred outfit, at this point it would be KH3. Originally I didn't like it since it reminded me too much of Sora's 3D outfit, but it's grown on me because of how sleek it is.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I'd prefer 3. The costume's grown on me something fierce. I ended up even liking it more than the KH2 one.
While on the topic of alts, do you think if Sora gets in there might be world specific forms?

Vampire Sora is actually popular enough to get merchandise so that could be a possibility.

I also had a weird thought, what if we get concept Sora. Would be wild to see that actually get fully realised in 3D.
If Sakurai were the type to want references to the Disney movies in Sora's gameplay, this'd be the best way to do it to be honest. But there's only a handful of them to begin with. Personally I'd rather have a Roxas and Xion alt, but if you were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose which Disney world alts, then my top picks would be the Pirates of the Caribbean, Timeless River, and the variuos Halloween town costumes. Monsters ink and the Toystory costumes were incredible too, so that'd definitely be on my wishlist. Add the original KH3 and KH2 options, and that makes 8 total right there, jam packed with all kinds of references. If they're allowed to do it, we could even get those world specific keyblades to go along with the costumes. All of which would be altered to be the same length as the kingdom key, of course.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Here's some ideas for skins:

Alt 1: His look from KH3
Alt 2: His KH2 outfit
Alt 3: KH3 Guardian Form
Alt 4: KH2 Limit form
Alt 5: KH 3 Blitz Form
Alt 6: KH 2 Wisdom Form
Alt 7: KH 3 Ultimate form
Alt 8: KH2 but all black (similar to the dark Links, a reference to Anti form)

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
Here are my ideas for skins:

KH3 Sora (default)
KH2 Sora
Limit Form KH2 Sora
Anti Sora
Roxas (Org Coat)
Xion (Org Coat)
Roxas (Normal Clothes)
Xion (Normal Clothes)

For me, this would be the best case scenario for Sora’s alts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom