• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
You know if Sora does join his final smash will be shown off against Robin (Yellow eyes, White hair, and possessed by a creature of darkness in his game.)

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Honestly I dont think getting Sora in smash is not a issue why how come Disney dont promote Kingdom Hearts property in their stores but only Gamestop or Anime Stores I think. I dont think Disney wont mind Sora in smash I mean they got Nintendo characters in Wreck it Ralph and they the ones that created Kingdom Hearts characters. But it worrying that Disney may want some Disney reference in Sora move sets thats the issue Im worrying about.

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Honestly I dont think getting Sora in smash is not a issue why how come Disney dont promote Kingdom Hearts property in their stores but only Gamestop or Anime Stores I think. I dont think Disney wont mind Sora in smash I mean they got Nintendo characters in Wreck it Ralph and they the ones that created Kingdom Hearts characters. But it worrying that Disney may want some Disney reference in Sora move sets thats the issue Im worrying about.
Hmm I mean Sora mainly uses FF style of fighting.

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
that is true but his fighting style is always changing as is final fantasy's though im not aware of final fantasy summoning amusement park rides yet
If anything it makes more sense to use that part of his fighting style as a final smash. Besides the ones you mentioned are from the new game that hasn't been released yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If anything it makes more sense to use that part of his fighting style as a final smash. Besides the ones you mentioned are from the new game that hasn't been released yet.
i know, but it would be amusing to see it in smash

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
i know, but it would be amusing to see it in smash
Yeah I completely agree. It would be something. Which is why it'd be cool if Sora was announced as DLC maybe we could see some KHIII stuff implemented in his moveset. They better at least include his KHIII outfit.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd pop in as someone wishing for Geno to make the roster (and never played KH): may both wind up there in some way, even if one or both is DLC.

I guess there is a connection between the two source games, like the same composer (Yoko Shimomura).

Last edited:

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd pop in as someone wishing for Geno to make the roster (and never played KH): may both wind up there in some way, even if one or both is DLC.

I guess there is a connection between the two source games, like the same composer (Yoko Shimomura).
It'd be awesome if both of them were in. According to some recent leaks that may be the case!!

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
All these rumors about Sora coming to smash are driving me crazy!! It's getting my hopes up and I'm gonna be bummed when it doesn't come true.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I realy want Sora in Smash.

Agumon as well...

Sad that people see Agumon as **** and all, i can't even talk about him in the General.

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Disney would not allow Sora to be punched or kicked in a fighting game:

Lmao this made my day thanks!

I really am getting impatient and need Sora to be revealed asap!
Although they'd probably save him for last cause the hype he'd generate would be insane.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Geno has a higher chance. Normally I feel like it'd be hard to tell, but it can't be denied that most people think that Sora's chances are non-existent because of his ties to Disney. Heck, even a huge KH fanboy like Skywardwing thinks like this, and he WANTS Sora in Smash. If Sakurai thinks that it'd be pointless to even try, then Sora's chances instantly becomes zero until we beg him to try. Put that up against Geno, who isn't tied to Disney and even got a costume for Smash 4 and there's no contest. Even if we could confirm that Sakurai thinks that it's possible to get Sora's rights, the fact that Geno has a direct reference to his character in Smash 4 still edges him over Sora since it proves that Sakurai is capable of getting his rights.

It'd be awesome if both of them were in. According to some recent leaks that may be the case!!
Look, I know leaks are fun and all, but please don't use them to assure us of anything. It's just downright cruel and unusual punishment.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Still, it's really anybody's guess as to whether or not Disney would be considered or be easy to work with. Every single thing we say about Disney is just speculation. Sure, some of it is past trends, but we've had no official confirmation that they wouldn't want Sora in the game or that Sakurai is above asking them for him because we've never had a chance to reflect on Disney involvement in Smash.

On the other hand, while we again can't be sure of any specific information about Geno, we know that Square Enix has been stingy in the past with Smash, with the primary example being us only getting two songs. However, even this isn't good info, because Sakurai said that songs cost a lot to license and implied that FF songs are owned by too many people and are too much of a hassle. Maybe SE was actually being generous, but Sakurai couldn't foot whatever bill they threw at him to include more content.

These "Disney is difficult to work with" and "SE are too cheap" are interesting points to work with, but they're not hard and fast rules.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just realized I never dropped in to show my support of Sora. Kingdom Hearts is great and Sora’s iconic, and he’d bring so much to the table.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you guys see? theyve confirmed some of the actors reprising their roles for kh3 confirming a previously unknown (but presumed) character

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
you guys see? theyve confirmed some of the actors reprising their roles for kh3 confirming a previously unknown (but presumed) character
For those who don't know who it is (I just had to look it up), it's
Mother Gothel from Tangled. She hasn't been seen yet.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for Kingdom Hearts 3! and I would be unbelievably happy if those talks of both Sora and Geno getting ended up being true! I'm kinda in a weird placing being someone who wants both.... if it really is just one of them it's gonna be real interesting being in the middle of all those different reactions between the two fanbases. I'm just hoping we can all be civil about it no matter what happens. because both groups are really invested at this point with that Mystery "Square Character" floating around.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for Kingdom Hearts 3! and I would be unbelievably happy if those talks of both Sora and Geno getting ended up being true! I'm kinda in a weird placing being someone who wants both.... if it really is just one of them it's gonna be real interesting being in the middle of all those different reactions between the two fanbases. I'm just hoping we can all be civil about it no matter what happens. because both groups are really invested at this point with that Mystery "Square Character" floating around.
Not sure if Sora would even be counted as a square character if I'm being honest. It would be a big misconception if Geno and Sora are "fighting it out" for the Square Enix spot. I think a lot of people here agree that Geno is most likely the square character that's rumored for the base game while Sora would be more fitting for DLC.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I feel sora has just as much of a chance as geno does just for the sheer fact he does more for square than geno would.
This what I've been feeling. Geno might top online polls, but go out onto the floor of E3 or poll real people picking the game up (in the hypothetical that they're considered for DLC) and I'm sure Sora would come up way in the lead.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just wanted to jump in and say good luck to all of the Sora fans! I'm from the Geno community but I think it would be amazing if both characters got in. Sora is a gaming icon that arguably deserves a spot more than Geno.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Just wanted to jump in and say good luck to all of the Sora fans! I'm from the Geno community but I think it would be amazing if both characters got in. Sora is a gaming icon that arguably deserves a spot more than Geno.
On behalf of the #Sora4smash fanbase (in this particular thread), Thankyou! Here's hoping both of our communities get what we want!

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Thank you for the really respectful response. I see a lot of Geno fans actively despise Sora and it upsets me. I may not be the biggest supporter of Geno, but I hope you all can be happy as well. Sakurai willing, we could get both characters.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
When Cloud was included I stared at the screen and asked WHY? I just couldn't comprehend why they included him unless they planned to bring FF7 to Wii U or 3DS back then and when they didn't I remained confused and asked of all the Square Enix characters why him and not someone like Sora, who has appeared on 3 Nintendo consoles. If a second Square Enix character gets in and its not Sora I'll be even more baffled than I was back then.

edit: note: sure they eventually got around to bring FF7 and a few others to the switch but still...

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
When Cloud was included I stared at the screen and asked WHY? I just couldn't comprehend why they included him unless they planned to bring FF7 to Wii U or 3DS back then and when they didn't I remained confused and asked of all the Square Enix characters why him and not someone like Sora, who has appeared on 3 Nintendo consoles. If a second Square Enix character gets in and its not Sora I'll be even more baffled than I was back then.

edit: note: sure they eventually got around to bring FF7 and a few others to the switch but still...
It's because Final Fantasy VII was an important part of video game history. A lot of characters who represent in Smash nowadays are also in because they have that history (Ryu, Pac Man, Sonic, Simon). Smash is more than about your favorite character getting in, it's who matters really

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
It's because Final Fantasy VII was an important part of video game history. A lot of characters who represent in Smash nowadays are also in because they have that history (Ryu, Pac Man, Sonic, Simon). Smash is more than about your favorite character getting in, it's who matters really
For me smash is first and foremost Nintendo. I’m fine with other characters getting in that “impacted the world of gaming” as long as they have some history beyond being a side character in a somewhat forgettable game in the world of Nintendo. Those characters you’ve mentioned all had full games where the characters appeared in prominent rolls on Nintendo consoles... Cloud didn’t.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For me smash is first and foremost Nintendo. I’m fine with other characters getting in that “impacted the world of gaming” as long as they have some history beyond being a side character in a somewhat forgettable game in the world of Nintendo. Those characters you’ve mentioned all had full games where the characters appeared in prominent rolls on Nintendo consoles... Cloud didn’t.
Now he will so that’s a moot point.

Top Bottom