• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOOO many people say falco is top tier and amazing

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
but i rarly see people use him, and when i look at tourney results or go to tourneys myself, i never see a good falco, if even any at all. my falco always seems to do pretty well in tourneys and friendlies, and i am almost always the best falco at tournys, and i do seem to place around the top 8, but why arnt there more falcos?!?!?!?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Falco isn't popular yet. I think he is actually one of the harder characters to use properly. He doesn't have a win move so to say, and he needs to be extremely careful with certain moves, and well spaced at all times.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ya i agree with everything you just said knee it is true that falco is hard to use his lasers need to be practiced, and his overall technique is not just something you can pick up

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
but i rarly see people use him, and when i look at tourney results or go to tourneys myself, i never see a good falco, if even any at all. my falco always seems to do pretty well in tourneys and friendlies, and i am almost always the best falco at tournys, and i do seem to place around the top 8, but why arnt there more falcos?!?!?!?
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I can say with confidence I am the best Falco in my area (Mostly Metas, Marths, and Snakes), but I have only seen a few Falcos if any at all at the tourneys Ive been to. Even then its usually someones secondary.

I ditto'd a falco at the last tourney and i recall being shocked someone actually used him.

The peoplr I play friendlies with always go on how Falco is top tier and cheap (CG/Lasers) but Falco is a difficult character to master. I really think he is the easiest to suck with...he's light, falls fast, and has a very gimpable vertical recovery.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Falco is not a noob character, he requires good spacing and has no spam moves at noob level (later on with proper use lazer and B Air can do this though). This is why Metas and Snakes are everywhere because they are easy to be good with (Meta especially, Snake requires a unique playstyle atleast).

Hostility

Smash Ace
Forward does pretty well in tournament using falco. But yea flaco is not up there with snake wolf MK and marth. I would definitely put him solidly in high tier though

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
Same as king coal. I felt comfortable with falco and he is a difficult character to use. I wish i knew where i stood with my falco but i can't get out of hudson county to try and no one in bayonne, jersey city, or north bergen, that i know of plays brawl

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
yeah obviosly u have never been to any texas tourney where the most popular char is falco cuz everybody tries to copy sethlon
Not really there were only a couple. And it doesn't matter cause they're not gonna win any tournies.

IDK

Smash Lord
chain grab, laser lock, spike, backrange and huge forward range on fsmash, priority, speed, and is basically a notch above almost everyone.

thx

Smash Ace
no ones playing him yet thats all everyone is using snake mk just give it time lol youll see a whole bunch of them soon

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
falco requires to much skill to be liked at the start. once Sethlon/Bombsoldier/Forward start owning tournies. evryone will be using falco.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
to be honest falco wasnt to hard to pick up and play, once you see all the AT's its just a matter of getting good at them in training mode, then knowing which one to use when.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
yea but a Majority of us played Falco and found the advance techs ourselves.

A lot of us were playing Falco before knowing knowledge of SHDL(you read right), Gatling U-Smash, RARing, chaingrabing, laser Lock and everything else. And I'll admit it, I went without all of them at first.

Hell, I'll be the first out of many to admit that I was scared to touch Falco in Brawl at Launch when I found out you couldn't Fastfall your laser or SHFFL aerials or do waveshine combos. I went to main Fox for the first 2 weeks. [But know I'm back as Falco w00t]

The ones who use Falco from the beginning helped the newer people learn it without a problem so they wouldn't have to go through what we did. And they will be rewarded with awesome Forward-like potential
and **** **** ****!! :laugh:

Thats why The Match-Up thread and the AT threads and Video Guide Threads exist to make your Falco learning a much more easier trip.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
this is prolly due to A: the fact that his moves aren't all really true "autokill" moves in his specials set, B: His fair is wonky, and most are used to something else, C: he has a smaller range of melee combat compared to snake, MK, marth, etc. Regardless, I picked him up really quick, and found his set very comfortable. Oh yeah, and maybe the voice/attitude is a bit of a turnoff for some ppl?

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
FYI, Falco is the second-highest placing character in tournaments in Japan, right behind Snake. We don't see many Falcos placing high in tourneys here simply because not many people here use him.

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
Well Falco was my first main and I found him a lot more comfortable than his melee counterpart.
But unfortunately I main Wario now XD. It's more to my style, I mained Jiggly in Melee.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Falco has tough luck here in the US.

Like I said in another thread, I've only seen 3 other Falco's besides me in Nevada.

So its going to be a while before people main Falco more.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
No one uses Falco. Primarily like others have said, because there is no one-minded strategy when using him. He dies early, can be gimped vertically, and none of his smashes are really great.

Top Bottom