• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonics Up Kill Combo

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I use this a lot when people try to go over my edge guarding. It's rather unconventional since it's one of the only edge guards I know of that potentially KO's off the top, but by definition it's still an edge-guard.

It's a lot harder to get this to work on people with strong down aerials or something like Kirby's stone.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Wow that's a ridiculously low percent vertical kill :O

Too bad I mostly play against ROB's nair and T.Link's dair. T.T

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, i employ it as an edgaurd often too, generally floaty people think its actually safe to just leap over sonic, xD. Unfortunatley, i play a lot of kirby players... and i have a "rate my sonic" thread, and kirby in particular.. has that stone attack, xD

Boxob

Smash Champion
Incredibly new news should be posted here more often.

Not being a jerk, you didn't know it was old news. But there has been like 6 topics over the course of this boards existence all saying the same thing D:

w3bhead

Smash Cadet
This seems pretty useful, I haven't seen the previous threads on this topic so I'm glad you posted this.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I play several characters that punish me for using this. When I'm playing characters that I heard this technique works on, the person behind the controller just punishes me after the first couple times. I have a tournament level Sonic and I NEVER use this ability because it's too much of a risk.

Top Bottom