• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Dash Dance and Fsmash from dash

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
what's the difference between this and weaving back and forth? they look very similar, and if all this is is running back and forth than totally old news, minus the F-smash part.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
It's a fair bit faster than just doing a full run and the full run turnaround. If you're trying that for mindgames then you need better opponents.

Anyway, I did the same as Boxob today, and yeah, doing it well actually looks really smooth and fast, but really doesn't compare to Melee's, because it's not only slightly slower, but you're more restricted on the length of it. For example, let's say they immediately think you'll rush in and try to fsmash. By the time you've reacted and their fsmash is over, you'll have turned around but are out of dashdance range, so to get them you have to finish the foxtrot, turn around, foxtrot again, then either dash attack, fsmash, or pivot yourself into another move.

That may sound like an exaggeration, but if you're doing this dash dance, each cycle, while quickly becoming muscle memory and not really being technically demanding (running too far and screeching isn't an issue imo), takes luck to not trip, and an obscene amount of concentration to monitor the opponent and figure out how to take advantage of their reaction based on exactly what Sonic is doing at that exact moment in his dashdance. The more cycles you go through, the effectiveness goes up provided you keep the spacing, but it really is super impractical. 99% of the time you're better off standing in place.

It really is worth learning how to run in and use different moves though, although my previous post highlights a couple problems with that, mainly leading to more tripping.

Browny

Smash Hater
this would have been fantastic vs a ZSS i played last week. i constantly cut my approaches short coz the guy always used the ranged grab and id always follow up to punish with a grab + throw. punishing with an fsmash would have made life a lot easier :>

Boxob

Smash Champion
this would have been fantastic vs a ZSS i played last week. i constantly cut my approaches short coz the guy always used the ranged grab and id always follow up to punish with a grab + throw. punishing with an fsmash would have made life a lot easier :>
You could have just ran up, shield cancle, Fsmash D:

J18

Smash Journeyman
ok i've kinda figured to myself that the dashdance is not worth learning, especially with difficulty of this technique.
but the foxtrot fsmash is great stuff.

Browny

Smash Hater
ive been working on this a lot, ill put up a vid if no one else does... im not sure if what im doing is the same though

i tap right/ left to initiate the dash
immediately after push the control stick in the same direction, but dont tap
c-stick smash.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Oh god, this is so useful. ilu for posting this here, I would have missed it otherwise.

Top Bottom