• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Dair Spike?

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
it's not. I quite sure of it. if it was, it'd be a lot easier for me to kill people as Sonic. the short hop off the edge down air > jump cancel > up b would make Sonic a monster.

E: unless it has a sweet spot I don't know about.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I've tested it as much as I can. I've tried to sweet spot it in seceral ways. Even slowed down training and practiced nailing it on a jumping CPU so that while still stalled, just as his flings his leg out to start the downward momentum the toe strucks DK's head. Still nothing.

I'm assuming it definatly isn't but, the fact that that guy is so sure to have told me and another poster that we are definatly wrong has me second guessing myself.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
He's ********. Sonic's dair has two different sends, one is at a very high angle (and thus almost useless as a killing tool) and the other has a very low send, similar to your down throw but with considerable more knock-back.

That thread creator is ignoring me, but I've used dair hundreds of times in all kinds of situations and never gotten a spike out of it.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Well it's been fixed. And I now no I'm not just missing a spike. I've never seen this downward angle though... Is it only if you hit at a special angle or something?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
It's when you hit with the starting animation of the dair. You'll hear 2 different sounds, the second is kinda choppy. Hitting with the end of the dair produces the first sound only.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Speaking of spikes, there's something I noticed when I tried to find spikes for different characters. If you hit a grounded character with a spike/meteor, you'll see an impact graphic facing upwards from the ground, especially on things like Sandbag.

Granted, that's common knowledge ( I think )

but I noticed that I'd see it sometimes when hitting people with the first hit on Sonic's F-tilt.

F-tilt = spike..?

It could be... but then the placement to get it to work is probably much harder to get than d-tilt spikes that sword users like Link (not sure if he still has it) and Ike have.

It could just be a downward spike for the sake of getting the second hit of the horse kick to work, but it's an interesting effect to note anyway ._.;

Top Bottom