• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's customized special attacks

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
These Megaman custom moves are nice but they're still extremely similar in terms of animation to the standard special moves and (probably) how they function as well. I'm still anticipating 'spindash with sparkles' and 'spindash with confetti' to be the majority of Sonic's customisation :/

I certainly hope I'm wrong though. Having Tails as an Up Special would be great and what about all those Tag Moves from Sonic Advance 3? You could have a gliding ability with Knuckles for great horizontal recovery or perform a spinning-hammer style Bounce attack with Amy for the Down Special (like in Sonic Advance)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow, just reminded me how good the Sonic Advance games were.

3 was different but really good for what it was.

I highly doubt they'd put that much effort into that reference though, but yo the team variants in 3 were so cool.

:093:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
we'll probably get the boost as a spin dash variant where you can still jump out of the move just that it can't turn around or a spin dash that works similar to PMs where he does multiple small hits as he travels forward but the distance it travels is reduced. The Bounce attack as a variant for down B where it could meteor smash if landed right. i also think we'll get something similar to the blast attack used in PM where it doesn't lock on but just shoots sonic forward instantly with low knock back and damage but less cool down. Then there could be a HA that has armor but takes longer to charge and is stronger.

As for spring i think he'll just have variations like he could have a spring jump that does damages as he spins up as it traveling like hoe he spin in PM(obviously more natural or he could curl up into a ball when he springs). Or a spring that can be angled but with less overall height.

Sages

Smash Cadet
With today's MegaMan customizable picture, it gives me new hope that Tails could make an appearance as I had originally proposed/hoped!

(If this happens I will scream like Flanders did when he realized his new house had purple drapes!:awesome: )
Speaking Tails combo abilities:
Side B: Sonic+Tails Roll Attack

Sonic Advance 3 Potential

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Speaking Tails combo abilities:
Side B: Sonic+Tails Roll Attack

Sonic Advance 3 Potential
GOOD IDEAS. @ Sages Sages
Defiantly would love to see tails in his Up-Special. I was thinking for his Side Special Sonic Boost.

Last edited:

Sages

Smash Cadet
here are my ideas:

Up Specials
Classic Spring Jump that we're all used too. Sonic gains great vertical height from this move, but his horizontal momentum is lackluster.​
  • #2 Tails Support -
Tails comes to the rescue! Tails can take Sonic great distances, in fact, Sonic will gain a lot of horizontal momentum! But watch out, tails can only carry Sonic for so long. Vertical height gained is drastically less than the spring jump.
This could also be interchangeable with the first two options. But I would change these powers to function for angular recovery, like how Rosalina's Launch Star functions. Orange Rocket could be given charging requirement and angled like how Diddy Kong recovers. The Crimson wisp could just launch automatically in a angular shift towards the stage.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
One of Pikachu's custom Thunder moves doesn't even summon the thunder bolt, but Pikachu still goes through its Thunder animation. So custom moves seem to be tailored to the animations the characters go through, rather than the attack performed.

So for a hypothetical Tails special....maybe Sonic can Spring upward, then Tails flies in, catches him, and descends down to the stage? Sonic can let go whenever, but in exchange, he can't continue to attack, and goes into helpless instead.

Unless Sonic's fall pose is now different. He can have his fall pose from the Spring change to have his arms and hands, clenched, trailing upward, so it can be reconfigured for a Tails special where it looks like he's grabbing Tails's hands for a Tails special.

And this can extend to his other specials too. One special can conceivably be the Sonic Battle Shockwave, and just have Sonic go into his Spindash Charge and Spindash Jump animations while a shockwave attack comes out inbetween the two poses.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
How about for a Down-Special we have the Pink Wisp from Sonic Colors. It's chargeable but slower than the regular Spin dash. But it can go underneath the stage.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
And this can extend to his other specials too. One special can conceivably be the Sonic Battle Shockwave, and just have Sonic go into his Spindash Charge and Spindash Jump animations while a shockwave attack comes out inbetween the two poses.
Giving Sonic a projectile (other than spring) kind of removes the point of his up close and personal gameplay.

Top Bottom